• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARS*NAL OMT***

You really think he would do the same thing again? Surely he's capable of learning from a mistake, it's not like what happened last time has been symptomatic for him as a player in his career.

I wonder if that kind of thing has ever happened. The same player being sent off in successive derby matches... Statto?

I'm saying he gets too pumped up for these games. Now I don't condone some of the songs they sing about him, but it clearly gets to him as it did when he ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of them when he played for Emirates Marketing Project. So it's not like November was the first time he's lost his cool against them.

I'm saying he gets too pumped up for these games. Now I don't condone some of the songs they sing about him, but it clearly gets to him as it did when he ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of them when he played for Emirates Marketing Project. So it's not like November was the first time he's lost his cool against them.

I don't see how that's the same thing, but fair enough.

I think he will be able to control himself if he does start against them, and I think he could be important for us. Even if Defoe is close to 100% I would start Ade.

Arsenal are 4-2-2 their last 8 EPL games (5 at home!) since beating Saudi Sportswashing Machine 7-3.
Their 3 away games draw Soton 1-1 , loss Chelsea and scraped home 1-0 at Sunderland.
Their last 12 is an impressive 8-2-2, not including the 2 cup losses.
Wheelchair has admitted the team lacks confidence. They look like they can score very attack but they don’t and they were jittery in the last minutes against a tinkle poor Villa team in their last game.
As long as we don’t lose this game we are favourites for top 4. But I fancy we can win and maybe even comfortably.
Spurs to score 3 and Ade to score is my tip.
I hope Deuce is fit but if not the Sigg must start.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/results

Doubt this will happen, but

-------------Lloris--------------------
Walker - Gallas - Vertonghen - Naughton
--------Dembele - Holtby-------------
-----Lennon - Sigg - Bale -----------
-----------Ade

IMO the best person to make up for sandro's loss is Dembele; his destroying work has been top notch really, he's been great at winning back the ball, but he's not in good enough form to be trusted to drive us forward in this game. Holtby can do that, and ping a pass...plus I reckon he'll love gettin stuck in against Wheelchair in the middle, probably the only player we've got that can match him for that terrier-type stuff. For all Gallas's faults, if we're gonna play a really high line against Walcott his reading of this stuff is still superior to Dawson's imho. Assou-Ekkotto has been worrying me since he's come back, and I trust Naughton to cope with Ramsey [if he plays].

^^^: Half with you on that one. Like everything from midfield forward, but Gallas can't be in there at the back. No matter how well he reads play, he simply hasn't got the wheels to race Walcott for the ball.

Yeah, Holtby v Wheelchair would be a dandy, with Dembele the tag-team partner standing on the top rope.

So what's the word from behind enemy lines? About Diaby went out early v Villa, limping straight down the tunnel. Any word on other aches, pains and chillblains?

I have Parker in the middle just for his tenacity and his bite. I fear Cazorla/Arteta/Wheelchair will pass absolute rings around Scotty and look to get him in the book early, perhaps the same with Dembele, thing with Dembele is, he covers a lot of ground and is very strong on and off the ball which helps us a lot. Holtby is crucial in the centre, his hard work, work rate and all round passing ability would be much needed.

Basically, everyone has to be on there game. Walker can't allow silly mistakes, Lennon has to be on his game when it comes to defensive work, someone needs to help out our left side which is where i think we'll struggle unless Holtby plays there, due to his work rate etc. then the whole central midfield thing comes an issue.

It's going to be one hell of a game thats for sure.

^^^: Half with you on that one. Like everything from midfield forward, but Gallas can't be in there at the back. No matter how well he reads play, he simply hasn't got the wheels to race Walcott for the ball.

Yeah, Holtby v Wheelchair would be a dandy, with Dembele the tag-team partner standing on the top rope.

It's not like Dawson is any quicker. Our quickest two available centre halves would be Caulker and Vertonghen, but I don't think you're suggesting we just pick the quickest two because they might be up against Walcott.

Gallas and Vertonghen have looked solid together for much of the season, and in my opinion Vertonghen has been at his best when next to Gallas who seems to organize the back 4 better than any other of our current centre halves. That counts for a lot in my book, more than half a yard of pace.

It's also worth noting that AVB has been selecting Gallas a lot when he's been fit, he's primarily been dropped against teams that play hoof-ball, like Stoke, and West Ham (if my memory serves me right). Rightly so as his biggest weakness is that he's not great in the air. We're having a real go at the EL by the looks of things and Gallas was straight back in there for both games against Lyon, and we looked solid for the vast majority of both those games.

Not saying that he will start, of course I don't know, I just think it's at least a real possibility. I'm not saying that I think he should start either, I find it very difficult to choose between our currently available centre halves, other than that Vertonghen should start. I can see good arguments either way. I just think it's wrong to say that Gallas can't start.

I have Parker in the middle just for his tenacity and his bite. I fear Cazorla/Arteta/Wheelchair will pass absolute rings around Scotty and look to get him in the book early, perhaps the same with Dembele, thing with Dembele is, he covers a lot of ground and is very strong on and off the ball which helps us a lot. Holtby is crucial in the centre, his hard work, work rate and all round passing ability would be much needed.

Basically, everyone has to be on there game. Walker can't allow silly mistakes, Lennon has to be on his game when it comes to defensive work, someone needs to help out our left side which is where i think we'll struggle unless Holtby plays there, due to his work rate etc. then the whole central midfield thing comes an issue.

It's going to be one hell of a game thats for sure.

I agree, we need Parker for this one for sure. There might come a time when we can go up against the scum without a defensive midfielder, but I don't think that time is now.

Parker when in form is also great at stopping counter attacks, I think that will be important, as well as his impact when we're defending as a unit.

This is much more a game for Scotty than the West Ham game was, and hopefully he will be back at his best or close to it, could be crucial for us.

Id take a draw right now.

I actually think both managers would as well. If they lose then Arse are screwed and equally, despite the big talk of opening up a 10 point gap, AVB wouldnt be too disappointed if it was 4 points with 10 games to go

All this hype (justifiably) around Bale and I have a fear that they will negate him or take him out of the game completely. We've just got to play AVB's patient game and keep our heads. The fans really need to play their part too (as I'm sure they will), Ade needs a boost from the supporters (if JD doesn't start). Looking forward to Holtby in this one.

Hello people I have been looking at this site for over a year and reading all your views, has been a great place to get a spurs fans prespective on whats going on at my beloved clubI thought it was time I finally registered and got involved.
Gareth deserves the plaudits he is getting at the moment and it is important that he keeps level headed, I am gussing slightly here but it looks as if the squad,avb and management are keeping him grounded. If Arsenal do keep Gareth quiet then we as spurs fans must not forget that we have other quality players that can hurt them and their fragile defence.

Anyone who is lucky enough to be at the lane on sunday needs to be on a sponsored silence until sunday - spread the word - lets make White Hart Lane a cauldron on sunday. we are third and looking like a team that are very close to challenging for major honours. as fans lets forget who we have not signed...the fact that parkers pass completion rate isnt as high as we would like or that Adebayor has forgotten how to be a striker. this is our team for the rest of the season, they have given us fantastic moments this season, please fellow spurs fans lets now get behind them.

I am pretty sure arsenal will be more worried about us.....no I wouldnt be dissapointed with a draw but avb seems to be installing a winning mentality so we have to think positive going into this match and go for it - we must shake off this feeling as spurs fans that the wheels may come off and realise that we have an amazing team.

Thanks to all the gg posters for a year of making me laugh and some cracking debates.....COYS!

Thing is, if we win it ultimately means nothing if we don't go and get something at Anfield or the gap just stays the same as what it was Saturday night, if Arsenal beat Everton at home mind you, which I have no doubt they will.

Thing is, if we win it ultimately means nothing if we don't go and get something at Anfield or the gap just stays the same as what it was Saturday night, if Arsenal beat Everton at home mind you, which I have no doubt they will.

The closer we get to the end of the season though the more confident I become. Our last 3 games are against average teams who will have nothing to play for. Arsenal's last 4 are against ManUre, who would love to wrap the title up at Arse, QPR, for whom that game could be the final straw if they lose, and then last but not least an away trip to Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the final day.

My biggest concern is the impact which the EL has on us as, whilst we can rotate our defenders and rotate Defoe/Ade when Defoe is back, we dont really have top class replacements for Parker and Dembele in CM nor a natural/like for like stand in for Lennon or Bale

Spot on about getting something at Anfield...i reckon its all gonna be about nerve, for both us and Arsenal. You'd expect them to beat Everton, if theyre in the right frame of mind, but can you say with any confidence that they will be? Similarly with us...you could say that we've been getting out of jail alot recently, or you could say that we've developed more resilience...there hasnt been much of gap between the london clubs at the top all season, and i dont see anyone actually pulling away in the next few weeks. It'll be tense, but i had the dream that we did it, with Dembele draggin us over the line...COYS!

My biggest concern is the impact which the EL has on us as, whilst we can rotate our defenders and rotate Defoe/Ade when Defoe is back, we dont really have top class replacements for Parker and Dembele in CM nor a natural/like for like stand in for Lennon or Bale

This. I think Siggurdson is gonna be one of our key players in the run in. If he can come in and have an impact in games that are getting away from us due to fatigue I think we can do it. Same goes for Dempsey...his whole 'scrappy, dramatic late goal' thing would be much welcomed in the games against the top 5/6.

Back