• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs west sham united************

It was a penalty. And I can see ref's point to show red card: looked like the ball went on target and in this case the situation may be stated as denying of clear-cut opportunity. Although I think Naughton's move looked like instinctive. Up to the ref, but Naughton proves another time to be liability.

I love watching Erik with the ball.

Dier just looks real solid at RB. He's not going to offer much going forward looks like, but he isn't diving in or doing stupid stuff either.

I might go:

Eriksen - Adebayor - Lamela
Capoue - Bentaleb
Rose - Dawson - Kaboul - Dier
Lloris​

What im intrigued was whether it was Foy who gave the red or the linesman

The linesman gave both - Foy consulted him on both counts

Kaboul was trying to stop him reaching for the red but it was out and brandished in 2 seconds flat, Foy couldn't wait

This is really not a great start for Poch but think about it... he has nothing to lose now

Whatever happens he can point to the stupid sending off

Also imagine if you had the same back 4 and 2 in midfield and then GHod said to you "would you rather have Adebayor, Lamela and Lennon.... or Cole, Downing,Nolan and Vaz Te?"

What would you honestly prefer if GHod asked you?

This is where Bentaleb flatters to deceive. The stats will show up good, but his presence to influence the game is questionable.

Bentaleb is developing and not as good as say Sandro in closing down. True. But it was a formation thing. Too often there were two midfielders who were out numbered. That's not Bentalebs fault. Eriksen, Lennon would be running back, but by then we'd be out of shape.

The other problem was our defence would drop off when wham got possession in midfield. Which left even more space in the middle with us understocked with just two midfielders ready to close to the ball.

We need to play a tight 441 now, with a line of 4 in the middle, stopping wham from playing. Then break.

In the future, we need Lennon, Eriksen and Lamela aware to drop into the middle when we're up against it. Until we're in control again. They were following the play, rather than controlling it, and the space in the midfield put far too much pressure on our defence.

Last edited:
2nd half please 3- 5 -1 rose/lennon wing backs

Lloris

Younes Dawson Dier

Lennon Capoue Rose

Eriksen Lamela

Ade

Last edited:
Kaboul have been great but Capoue can't pay were he is. I'd go
Kaboul Dawson Dier Rose

Don't think Kaboul has the legs for the full back role anymore if that's the idea for your line up.
Also Dier has already gone our right, so Poch will probably not swap between them.
Most would use the young legs on the right, and the experienced head in the middle
Agree with the need to bring Dawson on though, we've struggled with West Ham crosses and I dont think we'll stand the game out with current make shift defence

I think we need to bring Dawson on for Lamela. We are too lightweight in midfield at the moment, and unfortunately Lamela gives away possession in dangerous area time and time again.

Capoue back in central midfield where he actually started the game quite well. Lennon on the right where he is more of a threat than on the left. Eriksen on the left where he is more of a threat than on the right where he started.

And start praying.

A quick flick through an old dog eared copy of AVB's "how to win 2-0" philosophy book might be enough to help us see this out

...........0-0.

Also imagine if you had the same back 4 and 2 in midfield and then GHod said to you "would you rather have Adebayor, Lamela and Lennon.... or Cole, Downing,Nolan and Vaz Te?"

What would you honestly prefer if GHod asked you?

I'd rather get my sanity back and stop hearing voices ;)

Left work at 0-0 with Spurs having decent possession early on. Get home and we have 10 men on the pitch.

Back