• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City ***

We'll probably do something similar to how we played against Liverpool. Sideways passes in their half won't hurt us.

that was rodgers,laudrup much much better manager.

Well Laudrup must be very good, then. Liverpool have only lost once in their last 11 games since losing to Utd. They have drawn with City and away to Everton.

From January to the end of last season their record was 6-3-11.

Will be at the Lane for the first time in my life, so might or might not doom us all with my presence!

Sorry to all in advance if i do.

Cant sleep im so excited for sunday!

G Bale Hamstring Injury 16th Dec 12
M Dawson Hamstring Injury 16th Dec 12
B Assou-Ekotto Knee Injury 16th Dec 12
Y Kaboul Knee Injury 27th Dec 12
S Parker Achilles Tendinopathy 16th Dec 12

Everyone fit except kaboooooom???

I think this will be a very very tough test. I look at Swansea and they look very well set-up to beat us.
Hope Parker is back to be availabkle even from the bench for this one. Coming on would give the whole place a boost espcially if it's an edgy game at that point.

It'll be tough but i think we'll sneak it 2-1

Will be at the Lane for the first time in my life, so might or might not doom us all with my presence!

=D>...losing your cherry...:)

Enjoy, get their early take loads of piccies, savour every minute !!!

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs

#thfc AVB says it's "very unlikely" that Bale will be fit to face Swansea. Dawson is more likely to be available. Parker & BAE could feature

#thfc AVB on Bale: "He has trained aside with the physio, I think there is a minimum percentage. I’m not sure if it’s correct to risk it."

#thfc AVB: "We’ll assess him [Bale] tomorrow, when he will train with the team. There's still a decision to be made but it’s very unlikely.”

#thfc AVB: "Dawson has trained today with the team so there is a possibility that he will be involved in the game."

#thfc AVB on Parker and Assou-Ekotto: "Both of them are making good progress with the team..."

#thfc AVB: "Obviously you have to bear in mind that their absence was long so they are picking up on their fitness levels..."

#thfc AVB: "I think Scott is slightly ahead of Benoit at the moment, but with both of them you could see them being involved - or not."

#thfc AVB on Parker: “Hes such an important player for us. After his transfer he was amazing so weve been really patient with the situation"

#thfc AVB: "We’re glad to have him back. certainly he offers other possibilities. Its good to have him on our side & to finaly count on him”

Last edited:
A fully fit team for the new year, that just wouldn't be Spurs would it.

Would be great to see Scott and Benoit make an appearance on Sunday and with Kaboul not far off plus the winter window things are looking positive again after Everton.

No mention of Dembele so I imagine he went off as a precaution against Everton which is superb news. Dembele/Sandro is such a great partnership.

That it is.

Unfortunately for me i am recording this game as i am travelling home when it is on.

Am hoping i don't hear anyone talking about the score/result so i can watch it fresh when i get there..

Swansea Manager Michael Laudrup is hoping Gareth Bale is fit to play against his Swansea team on Sunday he told journalists this morning.

Laudrup: "I always prefer to see the best players on the pitch. For football, it is always good to see the best players play. What Bale has is that he's a fantastic physical player. His runs with the ball are incredible because he doesn't lose pace over a distance. He starts and he maintains it. With space, he is one of the best. It is not the same when there is no space because you can't run with the ball, but even then, he is a good player."

Laudrup on Bale at Barca or Real: "It is very difficult to say. It is a completely different type of football. If you play in Barcelona or Real Madrid, you don't play on a pitch 105m x 68m, you play in the last 20-25 metres of the pitch. If you have seen some Barcelona games, they play 19 players in nothing, so you don't have space. You can't run. If he does go to Spain and play for one of the top two teams there, then that part of his play would be very difficult. It will be a different way of football, but if you have quality I think you will always adapt."

4 - We`ve lost four of our last seven league matches, and six in total this season. The most defeats at this stage of a season since 08-09.

Hopefully you will bring us plenty of luck. Enjoy your day

SPURS TEAM NEWS

Andre Villas-Boas reports that Scott Parker could return to action against Swansea on Sunday.

The midfielder has been out all season with Achilles trouble but having played 90 minutes for our Under-21s against Sunderland on Monday and trained this week, Andre revealed there is ‘a possibility’ he'll be back in the frame for the 1.30pm kick-off at the Lane.

There is further good news on Michael Dawson, who trained with the team on Friday after picking up a hamstring injury at Fulham on December 1.

However, Andre said that Gareth Bale, who also suffered a hamstring problem in the same match at Craven Cottage, was ‘very unlikely’ to be involved.

Andre said: “Michael trained today with the team and is back after his muscle injury against Fulham. That was important for him and he now has another training session tomorrow to be back in contention.

“Scott Parker has made a good recovery and there is certainly a possibility he could be involved.

“Gareth Bale is not an impossible scenario, but it’s very unlikely he’ll be involved.

“Benoit Assou-Ekotto is still further off, but he has joined the team (in training this week). As soon as he is match fit, he will be involved.”

Younes Kaboul (knee) remains sidelined.

---------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker------Dawson------Caulker----Vertonghen
Lennon------Sandro-------Dembele----Dempsey
--------------Adebayor-----Defoe-----------------

Subs: Freidel, Caulker, Huddlestone, Sigg, Parker, Ekotto, Bale

Suddenly our squad will start to look bigger. Gallas, Naughton, Livermore, Carroll not even on the bench.

Back