• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City ***

He has played only 1 (one) full PL game so far this season

And his poor showings from the beginning of the calendar year where he has played exactly the same? And non-Prem games?

And why are people so keen to drop players in form just to force in favourites? Very strange attitude.

What poor showings - can you please make reference to those this season?

He had 2 brief sub cameos prior to his injury and no pre-season

Last edited:
And why are people so keen to drop players in form just to force in favourites? Very strange attitude.

Is this question aimed at me - if so - Adebayor is certainly not one of my favourties

However - I can appreciate the qualities he brings into the team as an 'outlet' striker as opposed to someone waiting for a rebound to blast away or simply run into a dead end and unable to comprehend his function in a 'pass and move' setup.

I have no idea what your calendar year reference is all about either - what matters is his form now

He deserves a chance no less than last seasson when he was very good for us.

This isn't some Defoe/Ade hate fest as you have wrongly insinuated - simply having and using options upfront

Last edited:
This is the game we should go 4-4-2 imo and the Everton game was where we should have gone with a 4-2-3-1 (4-4-1-1 whatever) formation. We tried on most/all the other home games this season to play 4-4-1-1 and we've looked like turd water so fudge it and stick with 4-4-2 for all our home games.

--------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------

Walker------------Caulker------------Dawson------------Vertonghen

Lennon------------Dembele-------------Sandro------------Dempsey

--------------------Defoe------------Adebayor-------------------------

subs: Friedel, Gallas, Ekotto, Naughton, Parker, Bale, Sigurddson

And his poor showings from the beginning of the calendar year where he has played exactly the same? And non-Prem games?

Please stop repeating inaccurate statements. I already posted that Adebayor scored as many goals in the latter half of last season as the first.

Can you please do this site a favour by posting what YOU think and not keep carping on about what YOU PERCEIVE others think.
I have no objection to you directly quoting a poster and arguing with them but I get annoyed with you and others who make sweeping statements about unnamed posters.
(I get the irony of that, but there was no other way to say it!)

Last edited:
They're punching above their weight, we are under performing. I had the same arguments thrown back at me before the West Ham game too. We WILL win this one, and it will be comfortable.

How are we underperforming? We're 5th(level with 4th), where should we be?

I would actually like us to form a consistent passage of play from defense to attack throughout this game, it sounds idle i know, but i have yet to see any consistency in the way we build up play from the back. Our defenders either get quickly dispossessed, pressured in "caulkers" case to just hoof the ball off the field, or we have the proverbial moment of gallarse misplacing a simple pass to one of our midfielders. We can't afford to not keep possession, especially to a team such as Swansea who are renowned for their ball retention; never mind the fact that they still use the pressing rule that Rodgers installed into their defensive play. Due to that i see another quirky performance from the lads, so i'm going for an ominous 1-1.

brick I've just realised they go above us if they beat us!

Our week of rest and them playing last night will come in handy.

I'll be tense watching this one I think.

Had a freebie for last nights game at the liberty,so went along. A very dour game and you could say swansea were a bit lucky but they won in the end. Boro played a high line and pressed onto the swansea midfield especially britton who makes them tick,michu was denied space aswell but their main strengths is that they bring in their full backs into play quite a lot. Harry had the right idea when we played them in April by pressing them all the time,can sandro,dembele,lennon and bale do that ,hope so. If we give them time and space like the goons did we could be chasing the ball around like headless chickens.

I can see a high scoring game for some reason,4-2,3-3 so a nil nil it be then....

We can't lose another game till the end of the year,that be seven losses at least if we do,we'll struggle to finish fifth by that rate.

Had a freebie for last nights game at the liberty,so went along. A very dour game and you could say swansea were a bit lucky but they won in the end. Boro played a high line and pressed onto the swansea midfield especially britton who makes them tick,michu was denied space aswell but their main strengths is that they bring in their full backs into play quite a lot. Harry had the right idea when we played them in April by pressing them all the time,can sandro,dembele,lennon and bale do that ,hope so. If we give them time and space like the goons did we could be chasing the ball around like headless chickens.

I can see a high scoring game for some reason,4-2,3-3 so a nil nil it be then....

We can't lose another game till the end of the year,that be seven losses at least if we do,we'll struggle to finish fifth by that rate.

Great post. What's the way to play Michu? How did you rate him?

Great post. What's the way to play Michu? How did you rate him?

I know you didnt ask me, but I rate him like every other one season wonder. Look at Cisse this season compared to last. They always hit it off then fall away the season after as they are pretty everage players on a hot streak but it never lasts.

Boro played a high tempo game like i said denying Swansea space and options. The sides swansea have struggled against ,for example norwich and everton play an in your face type of game and have lost every time against these sides,but what you got to remember swansea play a very unique style and will play the same from the first minute to the last and won't change regardless who they play against or what the score is.They are a bit lightweight in midfield so dembele/sandro or even parker can dominate here if we turn up and play.

With regards to michu it will depend how laudrup wants to play him,he's played most of the games in the hole with a striker on top but other times he's played up front but still drop deeps with routledge ,dyer or herandez running past him. He has got a bit of class,he can head the ball and can finish well too.He was linked to Alt Madrid before he came to swansea and is linked to them again if Falcao leaves.

Another player to watch out for is hernandez,he's been out injured for the last few games but makes them tick aswell.

Tempo is the key if we lay off them and let them play we be in a game but if we play as we can we should be ok.

Back