• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs SUNDERLAND - OMT

This video just highlights how much of a dive it was, his next step was due to be his left foot and just before he is about to step he decides to throw himself to the floor to try and win a penalty. Contact but not enough for a foul, he wasn't impeded, he dived to try and win a penalty.

Well done referee, good decision.

Are you drunk again ???

This video just highlights how much of a dive it was, his next step was due to be his left foot and just before he is about to step he decides to throw himself to the floor to try and win a penalty. Contact but not enough for a foul, he wasn't impeded, he dived to try and win a penalty.

Well done referee, good decision.

Are you saying every player who goes down when impeded, when they could have stayed on their feet, should be carded instead of given fouls?

Are you saying every player who goes down when impeded, when they could have stayed on their feet, should be carded instead of given fouls?

No each incident is different, he cheated, he threw himself to the floor to try and con the referee into giving a penalty. As I have said, it isn't a non contact sport, the defender pulled out of the challenge, there was slight contact but not a foul and not enough to impede Bale. He decided to try and con the referee and was rightly booked.

No each incident is different, he cheated, he threw himself to the floor to try and con the referee into giving a penalty. As I have said, it isn't a non contact sport, the defender pulled out of the challenge, there was slight contact but not a foul and not enough to impede Bale. He decided to try and con the referee and was rightly booked.

Your definately drunk

Other players are impeded equally, even less, go down and people say, well yes 'he was entitled to go down there'. But with Bale, as he is so strong, people say well he could have stayed on his feet.

It's unfair. Whether it was a pen or not, it wasn't a yellow. He was entitled to go down, there was contact as you say.

Other players are impeded equally, even less, go down and people say, well yes 'he was entitled to go down there'. But with Bale, as he is so strong, people say well he could have stayed on his feet.

It's unfair. Whether it was a pen or not, it was a yellow. He was entitled to go down, there was contact as you say.

I don't agree with this if there is contact you are entitled to go down nonsense.

He pulled him with his right arm, that isn't pulling out, and he knocked bales lleg wih his knee!!!

Seriously the is 100% a pen and a genuinely awful decision to book bale.

People at say the ref needs to benefi if the doubt some times but Gardner never got anywhere near the ball only near to Bale

...see one Alan Shearer.

Fact is, refs don't give decisions unless player do. So players go down. Bale is being singled out.

Only because he throws himself to the floor like there is a sniper in the roof behind the goal, Suarez the horrible taco is the same.

Only because he throws himself to the floor like there is a sniper in the roof behind the goal, Suarez the horrible taco is the same.

I think it is because he is so big. Like, your average player goes to ground in that situation, it looks more natural, but because he is so strong, it looks more like a dive. Fact is he is still impeded, and can't play the ball as well, running at pace etc.

He does go down too easily at times, but Bale is also getting un fair stick, and in this instance I thought the yellow was harsh, even if not awarding the pen. Ref shoudl have let the game continue or pointed to the spot. We'll miss Bale in teh next game. Good luck against the scum. Hope you drive, win pens, and stuff them, the more injustice the better :)

Clear foul, doesn't matter that the defender tried to pull out of the challenge, he still fouled Bale.

We're not just talking slight contact, he clearly made contact with Bale's knee, clearly moving his leg sideways when he was running at full speed.

Out of curiosity, did you see or hear a single comentator saying that it was a dive? I've just seen Norwegian telly and the commentator was clear that it was a foul after having seen the replays and I think the guys in the studio were saying the same. Not saying commentators are always right, just that it seems just about everyone disagree with you.

I think it is because he is so big. Like, your average player goes to ground in that situation, it looks more natural, but because he is so strong, it looks more like a dive. Fact is he is still impeded, and can't play the ball as well, running at pace etc.

He does go down too easily at times, but Bale is also getting un fair stick, and in this instance I thought the yellow was harsh, even if not awarding the pen. Ref shoudl have let the game continue or pointed to the spot. We'll miss Bale in teh next game. Good luck against the scum. Hope you drive, win pens, and stuff them, the more injustice the better :)

I stand by what I said, I think the referee was spot on. I admit there was slight contact after the defender tried to pull out the tackle but as soon as Bale felt that contact he flung himself the ground trying to win a penalty. I don't think there was enough contact for it to impede him and thus be a foul, contact doesn't equal foul.

The contact was on his right knee and also slightly across his body, his next step was due to be with his left foot, his left leg wasn't impeded at all and just as he is about to plant that foot he flings himself to the floor looking for a penalty. If his next step had been with his right such a small amount of contact might have been enough to impede him and constitute a foul and thus a penalty, but it wasn't and he dived to try and get a penalty.

That is my reasoned answer as to why I think it was a dive, if you disagree with it that is your opinion which you are entitled to but I am not going to debate this any further.

Time to smash Arsenal.

Last edited:
Muppet

Watch the video again with your glasses on

You can see his body shift laterally from a combination of the speed and the force of the knee

At full pelt, you are going down, as demonstrated and explained by Bale after the match

I hope your wee club get dingdonged by the gooners today

Despite that I am actually going to comment again.

I've just seen a post match interview where Bale admits he dived! He is genuinely of the opinion that any contact gives him the right to thrown himself to the floor and is a penalty. That is his major problem and something your coaching staff and management team needs to sort out.

Lateral.........of or pertaining to the side; situated at, proceeding from, or directed to a side

I know he bricks over all your wee players

But even Bale cannot run sideways, at the same time as running forwards

It's not physically possible

gonad*s, there was so little contact on his right leg it didn't even make contact with his left leg.

Your grammar is appalling.

boycoutt.jpg

Back