• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs SUNDERLAND - OMT

Complete justice that the guy who fouled Aaron scored the own goal. Great second goal.
Ironically AL had already tidied up after Walker's poop when Walker gave away the free which they scored from.
We could and should have scored at least 1 more goal and it was a comfortable win. Whether we are the real deal or Sunderland ain't all that will be seen in weeks to come but it takes the dairy off all those glowing reports about Rose.
I rarely talk about refs but today he never gave us a thing, it was a pen and there was never 6 mins ET

Hope today gives Lennon more confidence in his own ability to go for goal. Sometimes too unselfish for his own good and looks to set others up instead, when perhaps he needs to be more Defoe-like and go for goal when he gets a sniff

And what draws you to this conclusion? Back it up.

Steff for me its purely on the past. As I've said in a previous thread they seem to have an indian sign over us since wenger has been there. Fate kicks us in the nuts just when we think we have it. On the basis of squad strength I am not impressed with Aresenal' quality this season too many tippy tappy players not enough strength. I feel we are more balanced. That said if that was a Spurs squad we would probably be lower to mid table. Its a mark of Wenger's skill that htey are where they are.

This sort of negative, pathetic post is the reason I rarely come on here on match day. We have just won away at Sunderland, where the Champions lost only this week. We have controlled the game, created several chances and played very well. This board is about TOTTENHAM, not that lot down the road. If we continue to play to our current standard they will not catch us. It's all about Tottenham, stop being so fudging negative.

your response has the potential to fuel the fire further. calm down.

its reasonable to point out that yesterday's win was less emphatic because we had to rely on an own goal, and an awkward bounce of the ball.

and the race for CL places is relative to the performance of the other clubs.

Originally Posted by tottenhamlondon

is it me or does tottenham look so much more fluent with defoe out

I think so.

not only you :)

i'm sure avb sees it too but is careful to manage ade vs defoe (fan fav) as he did loris vs friedel (fan fav).

ade just needs to get his confidence back with a couple of goals. being kept out of the African Nations Cup will give him the chance he needs to get his season going.

Steff for me its purely on the past. As I've said in a previous thread they seem to have an indian sign over us since wenger has been there. Fate kicks us in the nuts just when we think we have it. On the basis of squad strength I am not impressed with Aresenal' quality this season too many tippy tappy players not enough strength. I feel we are more balanced. That said if that was a Spurs squad we would probably be lower to mid table. Its a mark of Wenger's skill that htey are where they are.

To be fair mate, I would not have asked you the same question. But I will say that if ever there was a time...anyway, I hope the person who I targeted with the question answers mate, I suspect if the goons signed an american we'd see no more of him TBF...

not only you :)

i'm sure avb sees it too but is careful to manage ade vs defoe (fan fav) as he did loris vs friedel (fan fav).

ade just needs to get his confidence back with a couple of goals. being kept out of the African Nations Cup will give him the chance he needs to get his season going.

I think he's got it right.
The only thing which prevented the game being another 4 or 5 was poor finishing, but the amount of work and movement from them was excellent with regards to the whole team working as well.
It's a good set up. I hope he gets one more 'striker' just in case, though Dempsey can do that too if need be...

Fantastic result ! It was really delightful to see us recover from 1-0 down to win this match ! It is only the second time we came from being a goal down to win and both times we had to rely on own goals. But have no complains about the own goals as long as we win ! The only complain is we are still wasting far too many easy chances. We should have won this match comfortably if Adebayor didn't waste those hattrick of one-on-one chances and Defoe make use of his own chance.

We fully dominated the match and deserved to get the win. But we just couldn't make use of all the chances we created, especially Adebayor who wasted 3 one-on-one chances yet again. When Sunderland got their goal, was worried we were going to be beaten. But it was about time we got some luck and the own goal came at just the right time. And then we needed inspiration from somewhere and up came Lennon at the crucial time with his winning goal. Our midfielders like Lennon really need to score more goals like that as we cannot rely on Bale all the time. Shows you how much difference players like Lennon can make if they lift their game. Bale didn't have a good game but he was marked closely by the Sunderland defence. But the only time he managed to create a chance, Defoe wasted it ! Dembele and Sandro was solid in midfield but wish Dembele can be involved more in our attacks.

I would have blamed Adebayor if we had not win this match. It was unforgivable the way he wasted 3 one-on-chances again, especially the one where he hit the bar from close range. Last season he wasted something like 20-30 chances and he is continuing with his antics again this season. Really don't know why he cannot learn to be clinical after playing for so many big clubs. And now Defoe seems to be getting influenced by Adebayor. Defoe was very clinical before the return of Adebayor but he wasted one glorious chance when he shot straight at the goalie instead of into the open net. It was amazing how we didn't get punish for all those wasted chances.

Really disappointed about us conceding the goal. After keeping clean sheet for the last 3 matches, thought we will do well to keep another one but it was annoying the way we let Sunderland score easily. I guess when you have Dawson play with an inexperienced Caulker in defence, you cannot hope to keep a clean sheet. I am convinced either Gallas or Vertonghen would have stopped that shot from O'Shyte. Lloris did well to save the first shot, but Caulker was too slow to block the follow up. Hope Vertonghen or Gallas will return in the next match to help us keep another clean sheet.

It is always a great feeling when we win. This win has now put us in 3rd place, albeit temporarily. We need to keep on winning to stay in the top 4 race. Since this is our 2nd consecutive win, hope we can go on another long winning run.

I think he's got it right.
The only thing which prevented the game being another 4 or 5 was poor finishing, but the amount of work and movement from them was excellent with regards to the whole team working as well.
It's a good set up. I hope he gets one more 'striker' just in case, though Dempsey can do that too if need be...

It is a tricky business, though. If you get world class Ade won't sit on the bench and JD is too old to sit on the bench. I think Dempsey is the perfect solution and we still have The Sigg.
How about Lennon in a Defoe style role?

It is a tricky business, though. If you get world class Ade won't sit on the bench and JD is too old to sit on the bench. I think Dempsey is the perfect solution and we still have The Sigg.
How about Lennon in a Defoe style role?

Agreed, and I think we will 'stick' unless an amazing deal presents itself...

...what if Demba Ba somehow were interested in joining us (despite getting paid lower than he could get elsewhere)?

is it me or does tottenham look so much more fluent with defoe out

Interesting phrase choice.

We/our team look different with Defoe out, of course
It's possible that having Dempsey behind Ade may result in a partnership that strikes up a quicker understanding, perhaps due to the different roles that they more readily adopt.
Dempsey and Defoe may work well too.

Back