• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs SUNDERLAND - OMT

He's rarely the weaker link (bar one game which i forgot who it was against).

He's so so smart which is encouraging and he really needs to be the first choice RB. Rarely panics, picks some great passes, and is defensively sound.

I think it were he's first game away to Reading and the home game in the EL versus Panathanikos that were not his best but then left back is not his positon and they were early games for him .

I agree with the post from KingOfNorway , he was calm personified today and showed the other three defenders how to make challenges and not give away cheap free-kicks . A pleasure to watch him.

I'd rather we just played Naughton at right back in his proper position. He's certainly deserved it over Walker.

The thing is, the falls don't look convincing - take Walker's example.

We've had a skills coach in the past, maybe we need an acting coach. This way we may get some justified penalties and fouls?!

Sadly I think that someone needs to help Bale as whenever he goes to ground it looks like he has been shot which does him no favours even if there has been clear contact. He should take a look at the way Walcott and Cazorla successfully won penalties in recent weeks to see what it takes to convince the referees.

Would anyone agree AVB is doing a good job so far?

I think its starting to click and everyone has got a good idea what AVB wants. Of course there will be frustrating results but even the best teams in the world have them games from time to time.

Naughton at LB > rose?

I don't think so tbh.Naghton is trustworthy at LB but he's a RB and he should be starting at RB.

One thing Arry said about Rose a few years back is that he's going to be a very good premiership left back in the future and has the potential to be one of the best there and i agree. Arry said he's going to be an ok left winger but LB is where he should be playing.

I don't think so tbh.Naghton is trustworthy at LB but he's a RB and he should be starting at RB.

One thing Arry said about Rose a few years back is that he's going to be a very good premiership left back in the future and has the potential to be one of the best there and i agree. Arry said he's going to be an ok left winger but LB is where he should be playing.
He also said the same about Bale. Whoops

It was clearly a dive, it's not a non contact sport, there was minimal contact and certainly not enough to impede him, he chose to dive and try and get a penalty.

Good call from the referee, it was a certain yellow card.

What absolute gonad*s! Gardiner made no attempt to play the ball, he had his arm across Bale and his knee goes into Bale's knee.
What was his intent? Win the ball or stop Bale's run illegally?

Bale went down because his run was impeded!

At the end I loved how the stadium was virtually empty, they knew they'd been beaten by the far superior team. Anything other than a win would have a travesty for us today.

You have to take into consideration who made the post tbf. Once you digest that you sort of understand why it was said.

Coming from KD who could start an argument on his own in a phone box, big chief bell-end !!!!

I meant Naughton is a defender, Rose is a midfielder who isnt good enough for midfield so has been stuck back to LB and is doing well, but Naughton is a far more accomplished defender

It was clearly a dive, it's not a non contact sport, there was minimal contact and certainly not enough to impede him, he chose to dive and try and get a penalty.

Good call from the referee, it was a certain yellow card.

Don't be a total taco.
It's bad enough you talking total brick, but try not to do it on a Spurs board.
EVERYBODY has said it was a foul and a penalty, even Dwight Yorke!
Bale will be forced to go play in Spain,just like Ronaldo who was villified here for diving but doesn't have any problem with it in Spain.

Great slow-mo there. Puts the argument to bed. definite peno

This video just highlights how much of a dive it was, his next step was due to be his left foot and just before he is about to step he decides to throw himself to the floor to try and win a penalty. Contact but not enough for a foul, he wasn't impeded, he dived to try and win a penalty.

Well done referee, good decision.

This video just highlights how much of a dive it was, his next step was due to be his left foot and just before he is about to step he decides to throw himself to the floor to try and win a penalty. Contact but not enough for a foul, he wasn't impeded, he dived to try and win a penalty.

Well done referee, good decision.
You are wrong.

Just because he was signed as a midfielder doesn't mean he's a midfielder forever. That'd be like me saying Bale's a defender who's on a good run of form at left wing.

Back