• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs SUNDERLAND - OMT

Imagine if we had a clinical finisher with Ade's chances ?? Outta sight in no time
ade did much better than defoe to get into those positions so credit to him for his effort.
he's just started - late transfer, no preseason, injury, red card and suspensions - a couple of goals will get him on his way.

A very good away performance overall. We really should have won more comfortably considering the huge opportunities Ade and Defoe missed + the penalty we should have had. We really need to be more clinical though. We can't exoect to get away with such misses on a regular basis.

The other issue with our performance was the number of needless free kicks we gave away in our own half. Three out of four defenders (Naughton, the exception) were guilty of that. Sunderland had nothing to offer in open play, so it is quite incredible that we kept giving them opportunties from free kicks.
But apart from that we did well at a tough ground. We controlled possession, created chances and were solid defensively from open play.

In terms of individuals, I would like to give Naughton some credit. He played well at Villa, and I thought he was excellent today. Defensively, he didn't let anyone pass him, he was positionally very good and also always aware of things going on around him in terms of movement off the ball. And when in possession he passes the ball cleverly and accurately. I would like to see him being given a run at right back ahead of Walker when BAE is back.

I am worried about Reading without Bale though. We are simply not the same team without him. It is quite incredible that you can't appeal yellow cards. Which idiot came up with tha trule I wonder? It makes absolutely no sense.

You just know that if we hadn't have won then certain posters on here would've been blaming AVB rather than Ade and Defoe wasting 4 brilliant chances.

what are the chances that AVB might be thinking of a complete overhaul of the attack? the keeper, defence and midfield is pretty much settled and playing to AVB playbook, but certainly our strikers are the "weak link" now.

It was clearly a dive, it's not a non contact sport, there was minimal contact and certainly not enough to impede him, he chose to dive and try and get a penalty.

Good call from the referee, it was a certain yellow card.

What a knob

I was pleased with Naughton's performance today. I often feel that he is one of the weaker links but he had a good game today.

Same old story, Nothing from Ade and Lennon, dawson is just awful. And we concede free kicks even though we know thats the only way they'd score.

Just wanted to highlight this post at HT. Lennon was (apart from first 10 minutes) absolutely quality in this game, direct, skilful, beat his man all day long, worked extremely hard defensively as per usual, and scored a matchwinning goal of superb quality.

Well done Azza, deserved MOTM.

I was pleased with Naughton's performance today. I often feel that he is one of the weaker links but he had a good game today.

He's rarely the weaker link (bar one game which i forgot who it was against).

He's so so smart which is encouraging and he really needs to be the first choice RB. Rarely panics, picks some great passes, and is defensively sound.

Maybe I have that European game stuck in my head, I think that was one of his weakest performances but it encouraged people to believe that he could not put in a solid performance at left back. Since then however, he has been playing at a level a lot higher than that seen previously. I don't actually think we heavily miss BAE when Naughton plays like this. Naughton defends well and has vision for a good pass and tries to play it, he was the one that set up Defoe's opener against Villa with an incisive through ball.

Another very good performance by us. Lucky for the 1-1 goal, but we were already unlucky to be behind at that point. Dominant away from home, kept Sunderland from creating much of anything while we created quite a few chances.

Sunderland have been in decent form, not just the City result and we were away from home in the tight Christmas schedule. Very well done to the lads and management.

Oh, for the next game I struggle to see how it's not going to be Dempsey, been good earlier in the season in that position, some great touches when he came on today. Easy choice for me.

I think he suits games where we play against in cutting wingers as he can play on his right foot

That's two very solid games now and he deserves credit for them

Back