• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Partizan Belgrade EL OMT ***

Convincing second half to be fair. A lot of positives and a deserved win. Stambouli, Lennon, Lamela, all good. Kane class again after coming on. Lloris with another match winning save.

Now let's build on that second half performance and get some momentum going in the PL as well!

3 points. Job done. Top of the group. Round of 32. No Europa for 3 months. Bring on Everton.

I thought there was lots of movement in the second half and we had a good variety between playing it out wide or centrally. Our FBs didn't get forward well enough though. First half is always a much tighter affair.

We need width. Kane went wide right so Lamela could play it to him so Kane could cross it to Lennon. It is backwards. I'm sick of not using the width of the pitch, it is mindless.

I fully expect this young lad to be twice as good as Paulinho, and I've never seen him before.

We need to mix it up more.

We won despite the system, not because of it.

I really want Pock to work and I like him and the setup but I won't lie just because I like him.

When we are set up so poorly with no game plan, no movement, no intelligence, that was just like AVB again.

Really didn't get that. For a start we made lots of chances so that is a big difference from AVB. Like the fact Lamela is looking good and we are also bringing in several players from the academy even if some are already overrated.

Last edited:
No doubt some will complain but I thought tonight, especially the second-half, was very encouraging. Thought Lennon looked good, Paulinho's finding himself, I have few complaints other than our glorious ability to stop ourselves scoring goals we deserve. Good job boys. Would you bet against us winning this thing?

The only thing that is guaranteed is that people will complain. Read some of the OMT during the game, particularly the first half with all the pitch invasions and thought some of the negativity was way over the top.

Clearly better in the second half after we got the goal. First half they essentially just parked the bus and we struggled to create, but came close on a couple of occasions. Seems pretty standard to me.

Sounds like Stambouli was crediting Ade with helping him settle at Spurs in his interview there

We need width. Kane went wide right so Lamela could play it to him so Kane could cross it to Lennon. It is backwards. I'm sick of not using the width of the pitch, it is mindless.

I fully expect this young lad to be twice as good as Paulinho, and I've never seen him before.

Lennon created a lot more from the left than from the right. Lamela did well in both positions.

People have been saying for some time that Kane is better in the number 10 position, it's only natural that he drifts around a bit. If you just want us to be a team with two wingers swinging crosses in for Harry Kane all game you're probably going to be very disappointed for a long time. Why not take the positivity where you can get it instead? Lennon played some wonderful balls from the left, Kane did well, Lamela did well...

Lennon created a lot more from the left than from the right. Lamela did well in both positions.

People have been saying for some time that Kane is better in the number 10 position, it's only natural that he drifts around a bit. If you just want us to be a team with two wingers swinging crosses in for Harry Kane all game you're probably going to be very disappointed for a long time. Why not take the positivity where you can get it instead? Lennon played some wonderful balls from the left, Kane did well, Lamela did well...

Spot on

I think bullet is being sarcastic..

Oh fair enough, there was a tiny touch from the defender when Kane nearly won a penalty, hats off to the 6th official

I think bullet is being sarcastic..

No I'm not.

Lennon played on the right for a few minutes of the first half and looked fine, then he was switched early to the left for nearly the whole game which neuters him, like putting Usain Bolt into the 800m

Sounds like Stambouli was crediting Ade with helping him settle at Spurs in his interview there

What did Stambouli say, it sounded like "it was for someone of the staff, who called Hannand, who helped me a lot when I arrive..."

Back