• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Le Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Official Match Thread ***

I think the Ade situation is a major, major test for AVB. He has worked very hard to make sure the squad is comprised of players who are all on the same page attitude-wise and who do not harbour egos/personalities which could prove disruptive. Ade is obviously a wild card. I will be very very intrigued to see how he deals with this.

Again, until we hear both sides of the story we cannot really judge. But IF it is as one-sided as it appears, I'd be amazed to see him named as a sub. We shall see. The whole thing is a shame...

Will certainly be interesting to see.

I wouldn't be surprised by either outcome at this point (Ade starting, on the bench or out of the squad).

I won't read much into what happens today though. I could see him starting and AVB still wishing to sell him come the summer and could see him out of the squad today and still start next week.

I think the Ade situation is a major, major test for AVB. He has worked very hard to make sure the squad is comprised of players who are all on the same page attitude-wise and who do not harbour egos/personalities which could prove disruptive. Ade is obviously a wild card. I will be very very intrigued to see how he deals with this.

Again, until we hear both sides of the story we cannot really judge. But IF it is as one-sided as it appears, I'd be amazed to see him named as a sub. We shall see. The whole thing is a shame...

Agree with this.

As I have posted already (and would have done on the AVB thread had it not disappeared) that getting Ade fired up and performing again like he did in the first half of last season should be AVB's highest priority. The defence is more or less sorted (especially with Kaboul nearing fitness again), we have a number of options in midfield (even without the beast that is Sandro) but it is upfront where we are not firing. We are over-reliant on Bale at the moment and without Defoe, we need a fully functioning and committed Ade to start performing. Having not bought a striker in the window (as many of us cried out for) AVB must now sort this out urgently.

Agree with this.

As I have posted already (and would have done on the AVB thread had it not disappeared) that getting Ade fired up and performing again like he did in the first half of last season should be AVB's highest priority. The defence is more or less sorted (especially with Kaboul nearing fitness again), we have a number of options in midfield (even without the beast that is Sandro) but it is upfront where we are not firing. We are over-reliant on Bale at the moment and without Defoe, we need a fully functioning and committed Ade to start performing. Having not bought a striker in the window (as many of us cried out for) AVB must now sort this out urgently.

Yep, and its hard to fault much that AVB has done so far in terms of managing the squad and players. One of the favourite lines which the press used to peddle about Harry was about how the players loved him and how he managed them. I think that was true in terms of the British players but was never convinced that the ****ney type characteristics of Harry didnt as much for some of the foreign contingent. AVB I think has out-performed if you like in this area - the players seem to like him and there haven't been many spats.

If AVB can get Ade going it would be mammoth for us - similar to us having signed a top CF in Jan given that he didnt do anything in the first half of teh season

Agree with this.

There is a malicious poster on here who disguises himself with different names who has propogated this myth about Ade's form last term. Ade scored almost exactly the same amount of goals in the second half of last season as the first half.
And as for his form tailing off last season

HE SCORED IN EACH OF OUR LAST 2 GAMES!!!!!!!!

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/tottenham-hotspur/2012/3/

Howay United.

090213095900.png

Many pundits and media are predicting Saudi Sportswashing Machine to get atleast a draw in this match. Maybe they are influenced by Saudi Sportswashing Machine's win over Chelsea. I think this is good for us as there will be less pressure on us to win. But playing at home, we need to beat teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine if we want to strengthen our position in top 4. We have beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine in our last 3 matches at home. And we beat them 5-0 at home last season. Hope we will continue that good record against them.

No doubt, our lack of strikers will be the talking point in this match. With Defoe injured, Adebayor should be starting in his place. But the way Adebayor delayed his return from ACN shows he is not in the right of mind to start in this match. I think he should start from the bench and only come on if needed. He should prepare his mental state for the Lyon match next Thursday instead. I think Bale and Dempsey should lead our attacks as they have been our only regular goal scorers in recent matches. Bale is now our leading goal scorer in the league with 11 goals. But he has only scored 2 league goals at home. Hope he will improve his record at home and score a goal or two in this match. Can see him being marked very tightly in this match. Hope he will step up and beat his markers. Dempsey has been scoring goals without actually impressing. Won't mind if Dempsey has another poor match if he can find another goal or two.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a very decent midfield. We need to win the midfield battle if we want to beat them. Parker and Dembele will need to be at the best to overcome the Saudi Sportswashing Machine midfield. Dembele has not contributed any goals or assists for around 10 matches now. Hope he will do so in this match. He needs to score more goals. With only 1 goals so far, will be disappointed if he doesn't get atleast 5 goals this season. For all his skills and pace, Lennon needs to score more as well. He can really make the difference when Bale is being marked out of match just as he showed against ManU. Hope he will inspire is in this match. We have really missed Sandro and his tackles in midfield. Parker has not been really impressed since coming back from injury. Hope he will regain his old form in this match and stop the Saudi Sportswashing Machine attacks. Hope Holtby will have another good match, this being his home debut.

Our defence did well to keep the clean sheet against WBA. Hope we can have more clean sheets like that. With Saudi Sportswashing Machine suddenly ruthless in front of goal, it will be a great achivement if we can stop them scoring. Would prefer to start Gallas and Vertonghen in defence. I think the experience of Gallas will be very usefull against Saudi Sportswashing Machine's attacks. After his contribution against WBA, want to see Walker having another good match. Hope he and BAE won't do anything silly in defence. We need to keep it simple and tidy in defence. Hope Lloris will have another good match in goal.

We are unbeaten in 8 league matches now but only 1 win in the last 4 matches. We need to win this match and go on a another winning run to keep pace with our rivals in the top 4 race. If we want to stay in the top 4 race, we have no choice but to beat teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home. Hope we will put up a good performance and get another erection inducing win !

Last edited:
Very difficult game today. Last year remember we played them missing Cabaye and Tiote. We going to have to be at it from the start

It times like these when we need the ginger pele back!
On another note if Adebayor isn't even in the squad I hope a recognised striker such as Kane is at least on the bench. If we need a goal in the last 10, better to have a player who can play as a striker instinctively rather than say Dempsey who looks awkward play as an out and out front man.

I think Tiote is the weak link. I watched a few of their matches while Cabaye was still out and he was very poor. Cabaye is the one we have to nullify, and if we keep him quiet we should beat these.

Ade to start for me. Gives us better focal point for our attacking play, even though he's not been prolific in front of goal himself. I'd like to see the Ade that played (for a short time) against Arsenal.

---------------Lloris-----------
Walker---Dawson--Vertonghen---Benny
---------Parker-------Dembele---------
Lennon---------Holtby-----------Bale
--------------Ade---------------

Any official team news yet ?

I guess the main attention will be on whether Adebayor starts or not. Doesn't matter who starts, hope we will score early to settle down and score late to kill the match off. Hope we will continue our winning run by beating them.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are 4-1 to win .........crazy odds. Might have a sniff at that

What did AVB say in his press conference? I saw the conference come on the News but the folks were chit chatting rubbish and so completely missed it! ](*,) I made several hints but they were lost in their conversation about things which could wait!! 2 minutes and they can't even keep quiet for that much time!

Many pundits and media are predicting Saudi Sportswashing Machine to get atleast a draw in this match. Maybe they are influenced by Saudi Sportswashing Machine's win over Chelsea. I think this is good for us as there will be less pressure on us to win. But playing at home, we need to beat teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine if we want to strengthen our position in top 4. We have beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine in our last 3 matches at home. And we beat them 5-0 at home last season. Hope we will continue that good record against them.

No doubt, our lack of strikers will be the talking point in this match. With Defoe injured, Adebayor should be starting in his place. But the way Adebayor delayed his return from ACN shows he is not in the right of mind to start in this match. I think he should start from the bench and only come on if needed. He should prepare his mental state for the Lyon match next Thursday instead. I think Bale and Dempsey should lead our attacks as they have been our only regular goal scorers in recent matches. Bale is now our leading goal scorer in the league with 11 goals. But he has only scored 2 league goals at home. Hope he will improve his record at home and score a goal or two in this match. Can see him being marked very tightly in this match. Hope he will step up and beat his markers. Dempsey has been scoring goals without actually impressing. Won't mind if Dempsey has another poor match if he can find another goal or two.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a very decent midfield. We need to win the midfield battle if we want to beat them. Parker and Dembele will need to be at the best to overcome the Saudi Sportswashing Machine midfield. Dembele has not contributed any goals or assists for around 10 matches now. Hope he will do so in this match. He needs to score more goals. With only 1 goals so far, will be disappointed if he doesn't get atleast 5 goals this season. For all his skills and pace, Lennon needs to score more as well. He can really make the difference when Bale is being marked out of match just as he showed against ManU. Hope he will inspire is in this match. We have really missed Sandro and his tackles in midfield. Parker has not been really impressed since coming back from injury. Hope he will regain his old form in this match and stop the Saudi Sportswashing Machine attacks. Hope Holtby will have another good match, this being his home debut.

Our defence did well to keep the clean sheet against WBA. Hope we can have more clean sheets like that. With Saudi Sportswashing Machine suddenly ruthless in front of goal, it will be a great achivement if we can stop them scoring. Would prefer to start Gallas and Vertonghen in defence. I think the experience of Gallas will be very usefull against Saudi Sportswashing Machine's attacks. After his contribution against WBA, want to see Walker having another good match. Hope he and BAE won't do anything silly in defence. We need to keep it simple and tidy in defence. Hope Lloris will have another good match in goal.

We are unbeaten in 8 league matches now but only 1 win in the last 4 matches. We need to win this match and go on a another winning run to keep pace with our rivals in the top 4 race. If we want to stay in the top 4 race, we have no choice but to beat teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home. Hope we will put up a good performance and get another erection inducing win !

Top Post. Agree with you. Midfield battle is key. COYS

There is a malicious poster on here who disguises himself with different names who has propogated this myth about Ade's form last term. Ade scored almost exactly the same amount of goals in the second half of last season as the first half.
And as for his form tailing off last season

HE SCORED IN EACH OF OUR LAST 2 GAMES!!!!!!!!

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/tottenham-hotspur/2012/3/

Stop repeating lies and making malicious untrue allegations. Ade has scored one goal in his last 8 starts. His last start was against QPR, and the game ended 0-0.

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart
Told Emmanuel Adebayor is on the bench for #THFC today against #Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Back