• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Canning Town Caravan Club OMT ***

Also, apparently the latest idea that the amateur architects at KUMB were considering was to did deeper into the ground the OS was built on to more properly secure the temporary stands that otherwise have to be disassembled and reassembled at frequent intervals, at *great cost* to the poor,poor taxpayer (suddenly they're all extremely concerned about how the ickle taxpayers are suffering having to subsidize their dump - this, after gloating to the high heavens about how good a deal they'd gotten as recently as a few months ago).

However, that idea was nixed by the discovery that there's apparently still thousands of tonnes of *radioactive waste* buried under the whole site at relatively shallow depths - apparently it was found by the truckload when digging the place up to build the OS (given the past history of the place as a nuclear storage point and research reactor facility, it shouldn't be too surprising, but apparently it was), and all they could do at the time was quickly bury it again lest the more long-drawn out (but safer) disposal measures delay the thing. So, an improper dig could actually lead to the place (and the adjoining Olympic Village site) being *irradiated*, which would certainly brighten up the atmosphere at home games. Well, turn it faintly green, anyway. :)

I had no idea there were so many free, delightful bonuses associated with that fine piece of architecture. May they find many more such happy surprises over the coming years. :p

Last edited:

However, that idea was nixed by the discovery that there's apparently thousands of tonnes of *radioactive waste* buried all around the whole site at relatively shallow depths - apparently it was found by the truckload when digging the place up to build the OS ....

Thank the Lord you found out about this. The rest of us have been in blissful ignorance all along - was it from the old loco worls ?

Thank the Lord you found out about this. The rest of us have been in blissful ignorance all along - was it from the old loco worls ?

I literally just found out about this - may have been common knowledge, but it still made me laugh quite a bit. :p Same for KUMB, apparently - looking at their OS thread, they only started talking about it in the last couple of pages when someone mentioned the...ahem, *inconvenient* leftovers that were apparently found in 2009 and then immediately reburied so as not to delay the construction schedule. :D

I edited my original post - apparently the stuff came from the old landfill and the reactor that London University operated there until the early 80's.

I think a lot of the lee valley has waste of varying toxicity from WWII bombing, MOD operations in some areas, Industry etc etc, I think it's not safe to dig too deep in a lot of it.

Why did they have their own reactor?

A lot of unis operate their own reactors. My own alma mater, the University of Toronto, had a reactor called SLOWPOKE-2 that they operated out of a building on campus for forty-odd years until about 2001. They're used for trace analysis, research and training, mostly.

A lot of unis operate their own reactors. My own alma mater, the University of Toronto, had a reactor called SLOWPOKE-2 that they operated out of a building on campus for forty-odd years until about 2001. They're used for trace analysis, research and training, mostly.
You learn something new every day.

Also, apparently the latest idea that the amateur architects at KUMB were considering was to did deeper into the ground the OS was built on to more properly secure the temporary stands that otherwise have to be disassembled and reassembled at frequent intervals, at *great cost* to the poor,poor taxpayer (suddenly they're all extremely concerned about how the ickle taxpayers are suffering having to subsidize their dump - this, after gloating to the high heavens about how good a deal they'd gotten as recently as a few months ago).

However, that idea was nixed by the discovery that there's apparently still thousands of tonnes of *radioactive waste* buried under the whole site at relatively shallow depths - apparently it was found by the truckload when digging the place up to build the OS (given the past history of the place as a nuclear storage point and research reactor facility, it shouldn't be too surprising, but apparently it was), and all they could do at the time was quickly bury it again lest the more long-drawn out (but safer) disposal measures delay the thing. So, an improper dig could actually lead to the place (and the adjoining Olympic Village site) being *irradiated*, which would certainly brighten up the atmosphere at home games. Well, turn it faintly green, anyway. :)

I had no idea there were so many free, delightful bonuses associated with that fine piece of architecture. May they find many more such happy surprises over the coming years. :p

All I can say is ......hahahahahahalolhaha!

Sometimes you get what you deserve in life!

Will be interesting to see how we line up with that starting 11, quite a few ways for us to set up with that. Great for Winks to get his first league start, hope he delivers with a good performance.

I'm not sure that is true. The site went through a pretty comprehensive decontamination before any construction went on. Maybe @Bedfordspurs can confirm.

Back