• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Canning Town Caravan Club OMT ***

This stereotype of Tottenham fans comes up frequently. I certainly am not. I see us as maybe the 5th/6th/7th biggest club in the country (not arrogant considering our trophy haul) and most fans who go to WHL have the same hope for the best but expect the worst attitude when it comes to Tottenham, so come on, who is letting the side down? Apart from Steff :) who thinks we will win every game 8-0, who thinks we are bigger than what I described?

This for me too.

Most seasons I say 6th place and a trip to Wembley (either LC final or FA Semi) and I am happy, as I rate us as the 5th or 6th biggest/best team in the country, in recent seasons we seem to have leapfrogged Liverpool in the best stakes.
And after years of it being ingrained into the DNA, I can go to a home match v Hull/Stoke/WBA..and so on, thinking yes we should win this, but deep down knowing we are Spurs and that it doesnt work that way with us

Yeah it's 3rd in comparison to those two of course - but a genuine rivalry all the same. Probably not so much for supporters who don't have to interact with any of theirs but there's a sizeable chunk of our fanbase who do.

we're quite unique in that we have 3 other clubs who hate us more than any other- hard to keep up with it all really

Yes, mentioned this before, we should take it as a compliment. Also, if you ask any Southampton fan which PL team they hate most, its probably us as well.

Throw in too, taking Man United out of the equation, most City fans I know have us as their 2nd hated team (It was 1981...let it go), and now it appears we have become Leciester's new hated team.

hard to say really. The religion thing may play a part in some quarters and amongst some of their older supporters but having met a few WH fans they mostly see Tottenham as arrogant and that we're somehow trying to punch above our weight. Also, on the field we've proven in recent times to be a soft touch and easily intimidated when something big is in sight. The chance to deny us glory is especially big amongst their fans since Lasagnegate and this feeling has grown and grown amongst their fans. Sometimes I think they'd rather beat us than any other club in London including Millwall. Still though I just see it as a minor London derby and nothing like getting one over the Woolwich and Chelsea.

This. Older WH fans don't have the same hatred/rivalry of us that younger ones seem to (as far as I see - and by "younger" I am talking fans into their 30s or even 40s, sadly for me). But all do seem to think we hark back to and live on previous glory days, thinking of ourselves as a big club when we are nothing of the sort. Delicious irony from fans who genuinely believe their club won the world cup.

I always have mixed feelings about this fixture. I want to look forward to it and should be confident we will beat them, but because I have so many family and friends and general acquaintances who are Spammers, I dread the unthinkable happening.

Having said that, I know the old adage of form going out the window when it comes to derbies is often true, but with the way we have been playing, I can't see us not beating them, comfortably. We've been saying for ages that we are soon going to give a team a good hiding. Let's hope today is that day.

Has anyone seen any quotes/comments re team news? usually something is posted on the OS but not seen anything in the last day or two

Has anyone seen any quotes/comments re adorably cute photos of animals? usually something is posted on the OS but not seen anything in the last day or two

This auto change thing is stupid. Anyone heard any te4m new5??

Mike Dean reffing today ;)

I know he's not really a Spurs fan but if he gives a pen or something significant our way you can bet the calls of bias will come out.

If we're without Alli as well as Lamela I think I would rather see Janssen partner Kane than Sissoko playing based on performances so far this season.

Will be interesting to see if we continue with a back 3 or if we return to our more usual back 4.

Dele potentially back far sooner than first feared! I don't expect Poch to risk him though. I'm therefore expecting:

Lloris
Walker
Rose
Dier
Vertonghen
Wanyama
Dembele
Eriksen
Son
Sissoko
Kane

subs: Vorm, Trippier, CCV, Winks, Dele, Nkoudou, Janssen

The only question really is whether he plays Janssen or possibly Nkoudou (or risks Dele) instead of Sissoko

If we're without Alli as well as Lamela I think I would rather see Janssen partner Kane than Sissoko playing based on performances so far this season.

Will be interesting to see if we continue with a back 3 or if we return to our more usual back 4.

I really don't see why we'd play a back 3 at home against a team we should be looking to beat. Neither Wanyama or Dembele push forwards so, along with the 3 CBs, you have 5 players who will more or less always be behind the ball and not get in their area. Add in two wing backs staying wide, and you're left with just 3 players who might threaten their box.

You've got Brady
Karen Brady
I just don't think she'll let you stand
Your stadium is brick
You didn't pay for it
You've got Karen Brady
You've got Gold
Sullivan and Gold
I just don't think they'll let you stand
Your stadium is brick
You didn't pay for it
Now pipe down and do as you are told

Given our run of draws and with cheatski up next, this is a hugely important game for us. Slightly apprehensive about potentially missing both Dele and Lamela however a lot more confident with Kane in the team rather than Janssen

Given our run of draws and with cheatski up next, this is a hugely important game for us. Slightly apprehensive about potentially missing both Dele and Lamela however a lot more confident with Kane in the team rather than Janssen

This. On the one hand, it would be somewhat amusing to finish November still unbeaten but with 8(!) draws to only five wins, but I'd rather not have to grimly chuckle at that, thanks. :p

Back