• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Canning Town Caravan Club OMT ***

Nail, head.. Plus the sheepish "Oh noes" from was it Grey & Tyler commentating? :D :D

Interesting how everyone think Tyler hates them/loves whoever they're playing against. Even Arsenal fans are having a moan about his obvious disappointment at their equaliser yesterday and his over the top pronunciation of Maaaattttttaaaaa. He's just an old man that tries way too hard and doesn't like it when things don't play out the way the were supposed to according to Sky's script.

Lovely to hear big old MJ at the end of that clip. About time he came back to WHL one lunch time for a half time interview. Some real good times under Martin Jol, Bayer Leverkusen away etc etc.

yep, a keeper should never be expected to save a penalty but he should have held onto both of the hits that lead to the first two goals

if Lloris had spilled either of those i'd have been annoyed
Behave. For the first one Janssen had time to steady himself and smash a left foot volley from 8 yards, there's no way the keeper is expected to hold onto it. He just does the chocolate starfish and hopes it doesn't break off a tentacle

Ah diddums, his one-eyed misery almost made me forget to laugh. Funny how he forgot to mention that Mike Dean denied us a pen for the way Janssen was unceremoniously pulled down in the box prior to the one he gave the Spammers for essentially the same offence.

And Kane was hauled to the ground in the second half too.

We should have had two pens.

Fantastic end to the game. Thought we deserved the win throughout and it looked to be another one of those days where we weren't able to take advantage. Great stuff from the lads to keep fighting and never give up.

Well done to Winks. fudgeing hell what a way to make your full league debut. Shouthout to Son too who created the two last goals with some very good involvements after looking shaky when he first came on. Shows what kind of an impact he can have.

I don't think we deserved the win at all and only played well in short 10-15 minute bursts. The only chance I remember us creating was Dier's header. West Ham weren't great either but they had a couple of chances when they had 2 on 1 but bad decision making by Payet and Zaza cost them.

It was a performance of great spirit and determination to come from behind twice, but it wasn't a vintage performance by any stretch.

I'm still over the moon we won but we're going to have to play a hell of a lot better than that to stand a chance of getting anything at Monaco or Chelsea next week.

I don't think we deserved the win at all and only played well in short 10-15 minute bursts. The only chance I remember us creating was Dier's header. West Ham weren't great either but they had a couple of chances when they had 2 on 1 but bad decision making by Payet and Zaza cost them.

It was a performance of great spirit and determination to come from behind twice, but it wasn't a vintage performance by any stretch.

I'm still over the moon we won but we're going to have to play a hell of a lot better than that to stand a chance of getting anything at Monaco or Chelsea next week.

They had 3 shots in the game from what I remember and came not to lose - I never say a team that plays like that deserves to win

The others don't either so it's an even comparison.

That argument is starting to get very close to putting it in the mixer though.

IMO, it's not an even comparison, because certain types of creative play rely on precision. Crosses with runners arriving into the box often don't rely on precision for chance creation in the way that through-passes do, they are more of a percentage play and, as such, their true effectiveness isn't shown in stats that only show "cross from player A to player B -- result, goal."

"Putting it into the mixer" is a percentage play but much easier to defend than quick cut-backs from the byline. I don't advocate the former (though there is a place for it) but the latter is lethal with a striker like Harry waiting to pounce.

IMO, it's not an even comparison, because certain types of creative play rely on precision. Crosses with runners arriving into the box often don't rely on precision for chance creation in the way that through-passes do, they are more of a percentage play and, as such, their true effectiveness isn't shown in stats that only show "cross from player A to player B -- result, goal."

"Putting it into the mixer" is a percentage play but much easier to defend than quick cut-backs from the byline. I don't advocate the former (though there is a place for it) but the latter is lethal with a striker like Harry waiting to pounce.
"Don't rely on precision" "More of a percentage play"

Certainly sounds like football at the "Put it in to the mixer" end of the scale to me.

Much like "Putting it into the mixer" it's the kind of thing underdogs do to try and level out a match against better teams. Over the course of a few seasons you'll see that there's a reasonable inverse correlation between league position and number of crosses attempted.

They had 3 shots in the game from what I remember and came not to lose - I never say a team that plays like that deserves to win

Most teams come to WHL not to lose. It's usually only the likes of Arsenal (even Wenger has been more cautious at WHL recently than he used to be), Emirates Marketing Project or Liverpool that really go for it. West Ham were good value for at least a point IMO. They're a counter attacking team and I wouldn't expect them to come out all guns blazing considering their record at our place and how low they are on confidence.

"Don't rely on precision" "More of a percentage play"

Certainly sounds like football at the "Put it in to the mixer" end of the scale to me.

Much like "Putting it into the mixer" it's the kind of thing underdogs do to try and level out a match against better teams. Over the course of a few seasons you'll see that there's a reasonable inverse correlation between league position and number of crosses attempted.

It's not the same thing. because PIITM can be a hoof from a deep area of the field, with the opposing team set to defend. Getting in behind teams requires a level of skill, with cut-backs/crosses from these areas far more dangerous and often presenting a goal scoring chance in the second phase of that play (which is why they are more of a percentage play than a through-ball). Underdog teams aren't capable of getting in behind the opposition as much, but they can hoof it from deep and attempt that very often. So when crosses are categorised together in that way, it's not surprise to see lesser teams attempting more of them (they do, the less dangerous ones).

So much discussion about crossing, "precision" and "inverse correlation". Can we not just accept that crossing the ball can be a useful tactic at times which yielded goals this season and last season and good variation in our play is completely necessary and crossing the ball x times a match doesn't make us Wimbeldon from the 1990s?

Most teams come to WHL not to lose. It's usually only the likes of Arsenal (even Wenger has been more cautious at WHL recently than he used to be), Emirates Marketing Project or Liverpool that really go for it. West Ham were good value for at least a point IMO. They're a counter attacking team and I wouldn't expect them to come out all guns blazing considering their record at our place and how low they are on confidence.

I can't agree

To be good value for a draw you need to do something well. They were organised and that's was it. They played like a bottom 3 team for me

Their fans blamed the subs but for me it was because they didn't have any footballers playing who could take charge of the game

If they edges one positive stat I'd give them credit but they didn't muster anything

Really poor side in what was a really poor quality game

And there actually on a good run lately

I can't agree

To be good value for a draw you need to do something well. They were organised and that's was it. They played like a bottom 3 team for me

Their fans blamed the subs but for me it was because they didn't have any footballers playing who could take charge of the game

If they edges one positive stat I'd give them credit but they didn't muster anything

Really poor side in what was a really poor quality game

They were 17th last time I checked the table so they whilst they may not technically be a bottom 3 side, they have played like one all season and are only a point above the relegation zone. Like I said, they created a couple of opportunities on the break and limited us at the other end.

Not singling you here but it's starting to sound like the sort of guff we hear from Fabregas and Wenger if just say the other team didn't deserve to win because they came to our place and were cautious and didn't let us have time and space on the ball. If you expect teams to come to WHL and go for it like we do than not many teams will "deserve" anything from the game if that's the measuring stick.

For me, we haven't played well since the Emirates Marketing Project game and we need to match that performance if we are going to get anything from Chelsea. If we play like we have since the Emirates Marketing Project game next Saturday I can see us getting a hiding when you look at how good Chelsea look at both ends.

They were 17th last time I checked the table so they whilst they may not technically be a bottom 3 side, they have played like one all season and are only a point above the relegation zone. Like I said, they created a couple of opportunities on the break and limited us at the other end.

Not singling you here but it's starting to sound like the sort of guff we hear from Fabregas and Wenger if just say the other team didn't deserve to win because they came to our place and were cautious and didn't let us have time and space on the ball. If you expect teams to come to WHL and go for it like we do than not many teams will "deserve" anything from the game if that's the measuring stick.

For me, we haven't played well since the Emirates Marketing Project game and we need to match that performance if we are going to get anything from Chelsea. If we play like we have since the Emirates Marketing Project game next Saturday I can see us getting a hiding when you look at how good Chelsea look at both ends.

I agree we haven't played well since city

That for me plus stoke are the only games we have played well in

But honestly I dont think they deserved a thing. They had a really lucky bounce off a great header from a corner, a penalty that was fair but was one of a few that could have been given, and a counter attack that Zaza fudged up

I've seen much worse sides look better and deserve more

I agree we haven't played well since city

That for me plus stoke are the only games we have played well in

But honestly I dont think they deserved a thing. They had a really lucky bounce off a great header from a corner, a penalty that was fair but was one of a few that could have been given, and a counter attack that Zaza fudgeed up

I've seen much worse sides look better and deserve more

I guess we just have different views on this. We looked the more positive side and they were content with sitting back and trying to nick a draw or possibly an unlikely win on the counter attack. I don't believe that merely being more positive and having more of the ball in the opposition side means you deserve to win the game. Other than Dier's header, I'm struggling to think of any real chances we created.

You could say exactly the same thing for the Leicester game for example i.e. we were more positive and were the side most likley to win but that doesn't mean we deserved to win that game either.

Back