• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City

I’ve had my doubts about Hugo as captain for a long time. I’m now beginning to have doubts about him full stop. Without that error we go on and win that 2 or 3-0, no sweat.

Anyhow, job just about done.

I know what you’re saying but let’s show him a bit of loyalty like he did with us through the AVB and Tactics Tim years. Hopefully it’s just a bad season.

I reckon Dier has made one of those brain fart give aways now 5 times this season. I’m stunned it hasn’t actually cost us points. It’s a give away in the worst possible position and he keeps doing it.

As you know I am a massive fan of his, and feel he is a vital starter...I think when he appears off the bench he is less than stellar...cannot argue that he has committed a few heart-stopping moments. I grimmaced twice today, but have to say he will continue to get the benefit of my doubts every time he slips. Like Lloris TBH. Both have to do far worse consistently to earn my grumbles! :)

I’ve had my doubts about Hugo as captain for a long time. I’m now beginning to have doubts about him full stop. Without that error we go on and win that 2 or 3-0, no sweat.

he's had phases like this every season he's been with us

I don’t think we need worry.

These things can happen and he was a bit unlucky: he spotted the danger early, got out quickly and made good contact with the ball. Diouf has done well to close him and has got lucky with the rebound. It could have gone anywhere.

And like last week, had Hugo not come then he’d have been lambasted for that too. He had to be positive, he made the right decision, it just didn’t come off.

And, it hasn’t cost us.

I hope he’s our keeper for a long time yet.

Poor is a bit harsh. Thought he did ok. Took a few liberties on the ball. Lost the ball a few times which is unlike him.
Maybe he lost it a few times but I thought he held the midfield together (just about) as Wanyama and then Dier were quite poor.

I don’t think we need worry.

These things can happen and he was a bit unlucky: he spotted the danger early, got out quickly and made good contact with the ball. Diouf has done well to close him and has got lucky with the rebound. It could have gone anywhere.

And like last week, had Hugo not come then he’d have been lambasted for that too. He had to be positive, he made the right decision, it just didn’t come off.

And, it hasn’t cost us.

I hope he’s our keeper for a long time yet.

not directly on points today, but it erodes his confidence and those around him, after that he flapped at a few things, that erodes confidence further, it could go either way

3 points move on, hope there’s no over analyse of this performance, it’s sandwiched between some proper games, this was always a «get the job done » game.

Think that result means we can send the stiffs to Brighton for league game next week and rest the big hitters for the semi

not directly on points today, but it erodes his confidence and those around him, after that he flapped at a few things, that erodes confidence further, it could go either way

I think that’s making too much of it.

They’re all pros, they train together day in day out, they know who’s capable of what.

This is also the life of a keeper. One mistake and it can be a goal. It goes with the territory.

I think our defensive record since he’s been here shows that our confidence in that area is fine, bearing in mind he’s not been faultless in that time.

I think that’s making too much of it.

They’re all pros, they train together day in day out, they know who’s capable of what.

This is also the life of a keeper. One mistake and it can be a goal. It goes with the territory.

I think our defensive record since he’s been here shows that our confidence in that area is fine, bearing in mind he’s not been faultless in that time.

we have seen this before yes, and we've got to where we are despite that

I can't help but remember what a few mistakes did to Robinson and Gomes though

we have seen this before yes, and we've got to where we are despite that

I can't help but remember what a few mistakes did to Robinson and Gomes though

True. I wonder if Lloris is made of sterner stuff.

Plus we’re a better team overall than those days so I guess the odd mistake has a lesser effect on our form.

Didn’t realise we had a midweek game.

Yep, will have to rotate for that, especially if we can get something from City.

Indeed, a lot will depend on our result v City and how Chelsea go on v West Ham and Southampton, (although we know that is 6pts guaranteed). Top 4 is far from being confirmed and we are not quite in a position where we can gamble on sending reserves to Brighton

Why do you have doubts about him as captain? His only job is to call heads or tails and organise the team Christmas do.

I would agree that Lloris is not in the top bracket of keepers in the world but he is comfortably in the one below and our best PL keeper. If we replaced him, what are the chances of finding someone better?

Back