• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City

Well, we made really hard work of that, they are brick, they have been spanked a few times lately by teams weaker than us.

I hope Poch reads them the riot act.

No better game to come back strong in than Saturday's. Hopefully we've got all the mistakes out of our system for a while.

Shawcross is perfectly capable of getting himself sent off. Being on the other end of that is nothing special.

The weekend following that epic Crouchinio night at Eastlands, we trogged back up Norf for the final game against Burnley. On the way back we made the usual pit-stop at Knutsford. In the corner of the food area, Shawcross sat (still in tracksuit) with two or three Burger King whoppers, quietly scoffing them with a miserable look on his face. I hate that brick too. Yet somehow, for him, it made perfect sense...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
I missed the first 15 minutes, but what was all the booing about? It seemed every time Rose or Wanyama played the ball, they were cat called. I didn't see them do anything wrong. Strange folk from up there. The second biggest roar from their crowd came when they won a throw in.

Proof that stats should never be used in isolation. We weren’t very good but we were better than them. A bit fortunate maybe but hardly a smash and grab win.

I’m not sure. I thought we were quite poor, certainly naive. In the build up we were fine, as good as we usually are, but we have set high standards and the final ball around the box did not meet them. At the same time, Stoke were finding gaps and we could have easily lost that, particularly if Diouf was able to make something of his break when Stoke outnumbered us in the box.

It was one of those games where the final ball just wasn’t coming, and I would have like to see us be more patient on the ball a lot sooner. It just wasn’t working for us for whatever reason and every time we lost it, Stoke were able to get up the other end, we couldn’t pin them in so probably should have slowed it down. I’m not saying sit back, but we probably could have tried to hold possession better in their half. I’m glad that Eriksen recognised in his interview that it was a bit of a basketball game, and that’s not the sort of match we want to be a part of against a team as poor usually as Stoke.

It’s good that we have the confidence as a team to try and pummel them and run up another 4 goal win, I just think we needed to recognise that for whatever reason, it wasn’t happening. We can be much better around the box and if we play like that against United, we aren’t making the final. Maybe it was playing slightly rustier full backs instead of Davies and KT, with Kane not quite back to his best yet - although he noticeably improved as the game went on. Lamela when he came on (he seemed to recognise that we could do with holding on to it a bit), Dele and Eriksen were good. Son was decent if a bit inconsistent, but I think there was a little too much rustiness in the team to be as ruthless as we were trying to be.

Yes BoL. I think Son had 2 great chances but didn't score; if one or two go in they change the whole match to our usual "comfortable win". I think Dier does a lot of good that goes unnoticed. And I think a lot of players playing 5% worse than usual, adds up to a whole lot of errors and weakness.

Poor game to witness and we did not really play well, the one thing that stood out was the constant booing by macaronic Stoke fans. Still we stuck at it and came away with the points.

Poor game to witness and we did not really play well, the one thing that stood out was the constant booing by macaronic Stoke fans. Still we stuck at it and came away with the points.

Not surprising to hear booing from Stoke fans. They still boo Aaron Ramsey who had the nerve to get his leg broken. It's clear Stoke and Arsenal don't like each other but to boo Ramsey is just clamish. They'd probably boo Santa Claus if he ever rocked up at the bet 365 stadium.

Stoke always reminds me of how home fans in small towns use to be when I first went to away games. The whole town seem to follow the team and were united against the outsiders, no glory hunters swanning around in Liverpool or United shirts.

Hate fudging fans that just boo or hiss .. ffs, get a chant, be creative, say something .. fudgein Neanderthals just grunting in the stands.

We weren't great but ref let them get away with murder, Son definitely should have won a penalty.

Job done type of result, all that matters, this plus Chelsea failing to win gives us a 10 point cushion ...

Hate fudging fans that just boo or hiss .. ffs, get a chant, be creative, say something .. fudgein Neanderthals just grunting in the stands.

We weren't great but ref let them get away with murder, Son definitely should have won a penalty.

Job done type of result, all that matters, this plus Chelsea failing to win gives us a 10 point cushion ...

Amen to that.

Good to see us continuing our winning run but we really made hard work of it. After all our big wins over Stoke previously and with them in relegation battle this season, thought we would win this match comfortably. Instead we let them put us under pressure for large period of the match. It was really tense until the match was over. We failed to lift our game and didn't create many chances as well. This was probably one of our worst away performance of the season. At least we can be satisfied that we managed to win this match despite not playing well.

Well done to Eriksen for scoring both our goals, even if Kane is claiming the second goal. Great to see Eriksen continuing his recent goal scoring run. I think Eriksen should be credited for the second goal as Kane only seemed to have had minimal, if any, contact for the goal. Thought Kane would have more impact after returning from injury but he looked rusty. He was hardly in the match apart from being involved for the second goal. I think it will boost Kane's chance to become the top scorer if he is credited to our second goal. Credit to Alli for assisting the first goal for Eriksen. Son had a poor match and wasted 2 one-on-one chances which he should have scored. Lamela did well after coming on and was unlucky not to score a great goal when his long range shot went inches wide.

Our midfield had a mixed match. We controlled the midfield for large periods but also let Stoke have too much possession. This put us under too much pressure for whole match. Dembele and Wanyama were not at their best as they gave the ball away too many times. Thought Dier would come on and improve our midfield. Instead, in a typical Dier fashion, he made 2 stupid mistakes which put our goal under danger.

For some reason, our defence were not at their best in this match. Lloris was at fault for their goal when his clearance deflected onto the Stoke player which allowed him to score into an open goal. But others like Vertonghen and Sanchez also had their fair share of mistakes. We had kept clean sheet in our last 2 matches at Stoke. So, it is disappointing we failed to stop them scoring this time.

With this win, we are now unbeaten in our last 14 league matches which equals our record for longest unbeaten run in the PL set in 2016. Too bad that again we will have nothing to show for in the league despite this long unbeaten run. Let's hope we will extend the winning run for the remaining of the season.

Take Shaqiri out of the team and they are poor. Thats being kind.

Son should have had a couple.

Not surprising to hear booing from Stoke fans. They still boo Aaron Ramsey who had the nerve to get his leg broken. It's clear Stoke and Arsenal don't like each other but to boo Ramsey is just clamish. They'd probably boo Santa Claus if he ever rocked up at the bet 365 stadium.

They never boo'd Ramsey until Wenger just kept on being a bitch constant crying about the incident, pretty sure it was a yr or two later when that started.

*happy to be corrected if that's not the case.

Back