• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal OMT

I'd rather start Niko on the right he has deserved to keep his place imo after his last two performances and then as kingdawson said if need be bring on Lennon as an impact sub against tired legs that is always when he looks his best imo
While I agree Lennon would be very useful off the bench, unless it means Sandro, Parker and Modric in the middle with VDV and Bale ahead of them, Lennon is too good not to start this one. Kranjcar is simply not as dangerous and we need to get control of this game ASAP after kick-off. Defoe is a better option off the bench IMO as he is a more direct goal threat and doesn't get into our best team.

Kranjcar has proven his worth off the bench when it matters as well, and perhaps his ability to create something out of nothing would be better against Arsenal if we were in need of a goal. After all, despite their 'beautiful football' and all that flimflam, we all know they will shamelessly hang on for a result deep in their own half if they are winning/drawing, giving Lennon little space to exploit in behind.

Mike Dean has reffed Arsenal 11 times and they have won a total of 0, Arsenal fans hate him with a passion

Lennon hasn't performed against the scum whenever I have thought he could tear them a new one. He has certainly had his moments as you say, the penalty, the 4-4, scoring in the 5-1... But generally he always struggled against Clichy and even Gibbs has done ok against him. But I think he could be brilliant off the bench for this one.

What's your XI for this one KD?
Exactly the same one as yours. Pack the middle with Sandro, Parker and Luka. Vdv as a right sided attacking mid , Bale left sided, and Ade up top. Lennon on at ht if things are not going to plan..... But I'm confident with the starting team tbh.

This game won't be easy. I will be happy for a draw, to be honest. Arsenal will be well up for it, like lesser teams usually are when they play the glamorous sides.

This game won't be easy. I will be happy for a draw, to be honest. Arsenal will be well up for it, like lesser teams usually are when they play the glamorous sides.

I think we will lose this but beat Utd - thats my two cents worth

I could definitely live with a draw, as has been mentioned, avoiding defeat is the main objective. A win would be amazing, but I certainly wouldnt be downbeat if it finishes level

i wouldn't be happy with a draw (unless certain things happen during the game, sendings off, injuries etc) - not to say id be particularly upset, we're better than them - so we should be looking for 3 points, a draw would be two points dropped on the sides we are chasing

Back