• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal OMT

....................friedel
walker....kaboul......king........ekotto
lennon...parker......modric.....bale
............saha.....adebayor

1-3

Come on, guys, 4-4-2 isn't the answer; even Michael Cox pointed out the effectiveness of Sunderland's five man midfield in completely nullifying whatever attacking threat Arsenal posed. So,

>>>>>>>>Friedel<<<<<<<<<

Walker...Kaboul....King....BAE

Kranjcar...Parker...Modric...Bale

..............VdV.................

.............Ade...................

With Krank in for VdV if injured, meaning Lennon being put on the right.

2-1 Spurs. COYS!

5 in midfield? Then if fit, id start Sandro everytime

There's no guarantee he would be fit, and even if he was, playing him and risking him breaking down isn't the best thing to do. He's had a really frustrating year so far, Sandro. Keeps missing games due to a series of niggling hamstring/groin injuries, which, while expected for an older player like VdV, are unsettling and worrying for the frequency with which they occur in the younger, supposedly fitter lad. So, if there's a chance of him breaking down again, I wouldn't take it. Rest him for a few weeks, and let him build a head of steam up, fitness-wise, for April and May.

As for the concept of starting two defensive mids, a)Rafa is almost like one in the way he hovers around the edge of our area so much, and b)there is such a thing is being too negative. We are Spurs, after all.

We have a HD TV channel down here which is a dedicated PL channel 24/7 (same studio broadcasts which do the Kasabian song intro before games, etc.). They show live games, old classics, previews, etc.

Anyway - last night was dedicated to the NLD and highlights of recent meetings were shown starting at the 4:4. Few notes from that

- Hutton was attorcious. Always has been. My, word!
- Gomes cannot deal with corners and cross-balls. Never could
- They had good players back then
- We have much, much better players now

One thing which stood out for me was the sheer attacking quality of each game - end to end stuff. The media always goes off about Utd-Liverpool and the English El Classico brain-dead propaganda but imv - the NLD is quite possibly the most enteratining derby in the PL of late - featuring of two great attacking sides with questionable defences ALWAYS willing to go at each other. Even the 0:0 from Wilson's debut had interesting moments.

Looking forward to a great game on Sunday, can't wait

We have a HD TV channel down here which is a dedicated PL channel 24/7 (same studio broadcasts which do the Kasabian song intro before games, etc.). They show live games, old classics, previews, etc.

Anyway - last night was dedicated to the NLD and highlights of recent meetings were shown starting at the 4:4. Few notes from that

- Hutton was attorcious. Always has been. My, word!
- Gomes cannot deal with corners and cross-balls. Never could
- They had good players back then
- We have much, much better players now

One thing which stood out for me was the sheer attacking quality of each game - end to end stuff. The media always goes off about Utd-Liverpool and the English El Classico brain-dead propaganda but imv - the NLD is quite possibly the most enteratining derby in the PL of late - featuring of two great attacking sides with questionable defences ALWAYS willing to go at each other. Even the 0:0 from Wilson's debut had interesting moments.

Looking forward to a great game on Sunday, can't wait

there is always goals in our games, albeit the 0-0 you just mentioned and the 0-0 with David Howells hitting the crossbar at Hignhbury (is that right?)

ArcspacE, where you from by the way? Australia?

hahah Sorry mate. Listen I can tell the difference between the Aussie, SA and Kiwi accents ok! Plus I do an awesome SA accent.

District 9 rocks man, better than Australia, and far better than Once Were Warriors!

ps - if you are none of the above nationalities then I also apologise!

The fact that Modric hit the post first probably made me go even more nuts, because I was thinking "He's hit it... what a shot!!!! NO!!!! THE fudging POST!!!! Bolloc... LENNON!!!!!!!!!" :D Went from hope, to horror, to unbelievable joy all in a second or so.

The fact that Modric hit the post first probably made me go even more nuts, because I was thinking "He's hit it... what a shot!!!! NO!!!! THE fudging POST!!!! Bolloc... LENNON!!!!!!!!!" :D Went from hope, to horror, to unbelievable joy all in a second or so.

Was in a pub, with a gooner behind me. When Jenas picked up the ball he was "Go on Jenas haha". When scored, he was giving it all, "Ahhh, give em hope, makes it even sweeter".

Then it fell to Modric. His words were "Go on Modric Hah......."

It was the most Ive ever gone nuts in a pub, EVER. It summed up football for me.

Last edited:

What ever happened to the geezer who joined in for the group hug - was he charged or banned?

Same happened to me, the excitement of it nearly going in, the millisecond of horror that it came off the post and didn’t go in, then the excitement of Lennon nearing the ball and then the jizziness of us scoring was just so amazingly wet dreamy, banging the fit bird in your office come in my pants style wonderfully orgasmic. Great feeling.

Watched that in a pub in Geneva, full of local (non English) arsenal fans, that was great fun! The place just emptied and there's me running the length of the pub Towards the tv's screaming and laughing like a looney!

Back