• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

This just got posted by someone on Skyscrapercity. Obviously nothing to substantiate it, but who knows:

"Things are still looking good. Now over one of two hurdles"

I guess the two hurdles are the CPO and the NFL tenancy deal, and the latter is the one that will be resolved privately?

Levy learned how to use a wheelbarrow!?

This just got posted by someone on Skyscrapercity. Obviously nothing to substantiate it, but who knows:

"Things are still looking good. Now over one of two hurdles"

I guess the two hurdles are the CPO and the NFL tenancy deal, and the latter is the one that will be resolved privately?
Financing might be one.

Levy learned how to use a wheelbarrow!?

Hopefully.

Levy+Wheelbarrow.gif

Seen a rumour on twitter that the parking behind Paxton Road is being curtailed next season, and that exec box renewals in the west stand have been limited to 2 years.

Is anyone effected by either of these/able to verify?

Seen a rumour on twitter that the parking behind Paxton Road is being curtailed next season, and that exec box renewals in the west stand have been limited to 2 years.

Is anyone effected by either of these/able to verify?

Saw a smiliar post on SkyscraperCity. Its starting to look more promising

I find that kind of new more encouraging than any of the ITK stuff. Levy wouldn't be turning away money without good reason.

While all the progress with Phase I and the whole Tottenham scheme show that the project is going ahead and its just details and exact timing that is missing, the lack of information from the club is frustrating. So any sign is welcome. I wouldn't be surprised if we move into a partially built stadium before they update the stadium section of the website.

Someone posted this on SC.

Sorry to post this again but no-one answered.

I read in the one of the pdfs that under "Demolition of existing stadium":
"The development programme requires the demolition of the existing stadium to commence within May 2015, i.e.within the main bird nesting period"

Not entirely sure what I am looking at but is this really true?

IF true that means next season is last at the current Lane.

Someone posted this on SC.

IF true that means next season is last at the current Lane.

Isn't that just Paxton at first, then we play a season in a horseshoe stadium? If so, two seasons left?

Edit: It's the new stadium that's a horseshoe for a season isn't it, so scrap that.

Isn't that just Paxton at first, then we play a season in a horseshoe stadium? If so, two seasons left?

Edit: It's the new stadium that's a horseshoe for a season isn't it, so scrap that.

Yeah it is.

1630436_tottenham_sketch_title.jpg

But word is that idea is now being scrapped for a stadium share, possibly with Wembley, to speed up the construction.

Could end up with something like the Estadio de Luz but then again Levy has insisted that we must not lose any matchday revenues during an increase in capacity.

01.jpg

This was posted on Skyscrapercity:

edmonton on COYS posted this:-

I have no interest in NFL at all so tend to zone out when people are talking about it but a lot of you guys clearly are and it could be critical to the new stadium so here is what I heard, passed on in good faith.
Jags franchise is down to Spurs and Wembley but may not be a decision until 2016. This is too long for Danny to wait so he and Joe are considering buying a NFL franchise.
Sounds like a lot of risk to me.

Now that would be big news.

This was posted on Skyscrapercity:

Now that would be big news.

Wembley has exclusivity up to 2016, but it's hard to believe that the NFL won't make a decision before then on where to host games from 2017.

Realistically the NFL aren't going to put a UK franchise in place until 2020. Of course they will actively encourage the news stories and ongoing speculation as its great publicity.

It is possible that Spurs could be going for the deal to host the NFL International games from 2017. This would fit our timeline, and if they continue to increase the number of games it could be commercially profitable while providing a foundation to move a full time team over to a fit for purpose stadium.

It seems like everyone wants to jump on the idea of a full time team coming over, but the purchase of a franchise certainly isn't going to come about any quicker than an existing team moving here. Neither of these scenarios will come soon enough for us.

Wembley has exclusivity up to 2016, but it's hard to believe that the NFL won't make a decision before then on where to host games from 2017.

Realistically the NFL aren't going to put a UK franchise in place until 2020. Of course they will actively encourage the news stories and ongoing speculation as its great publicity.

It is possible that Spurs could be going for the deal to host the NFL International games from 2017. This would fit our timeline, and if they continue to increase the number of games it could be commercially profitable while providing a foundation to move a full time team over to a fit for purpose stadium.

It seems like everyone wants to jump on the idea of a full time team coming over, but the purchase of a franchise certainly isn't going to come about any quicker than an existing team moving here. Neither of these scenarios will come soon enough for us.

i don't think that matters, as long as there is a possibility that changes can be made to incorporate such things happening, if it's 2020 then it's 2020.

BTW I don't think a team will ever come here full time, would be cheaper to have them based in Miami and travel in for the block games at home, whether that two or three homes games then three road games in the US. Miami is also tax free.

Buffalo Bills (whose owner has just died) and even Stan Kroenke's St Louis Rams are the possible clubs ENIC might buy according to SSC

I think the Rams just signed a deal to play games at there current stadium. Buffalo have been talked about for Toronto! They have also announced in the last couple of days that those looking after the Bills say they should have a buyer by July!

ENIC buying in to a NFL team along with AEG (was that their name?) sounds plausible

I think the Rams just signed a deal to play games at there current stadium. Buffalo have been talked about for Toronto! They have also announced in the last couple of days that those looking after the Bills say they should have a buyer by July!

Buffalo Spurs?
Bruce Grove Bills?

Last edited:

I think greatwhitenorf said in his post about Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Group a week or two ago that it would be better for any new Toronto franchise if the city didn't take on the Bills. If they did, they'd likely lose potential support from current Bills fans in the Buffalo area.

I personally doubt that London would get a franchise so soon. So LA seems a more obvious destination for the Bills.

Last edited:
Back