• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Or it is typical "ITK".

Let's just assume the CPO bit is accurate, which seems unlikely for the reasons people have said, how would they also know details of the settlement unless in Levy's inner cloister. Spurs have already prepared a site, so presumably it would still be better to to make a deal on these premises at the original offer (less legal costs) than ruin a local businessman, however awkward, and to speed up the move.

If the reports are correct the club couldn't speed up the move based on the deal originally offered as the business rejected that offer? Or am I reading something wrong?

How exactly are you suggesting that this speeding up could have happened?

Were Archway to have lost as suggested, they would now be stuffed as they would be at the mercy of new landlords.

Spurs wouldn't want them to go under (for PR purposes), and politicians wouldn't want to be linked with job losses - even though the gains elsewhere would outweigh them.

I suspect there's a 'no hard feelings' package in the wings, but Arch have a short time to sign up & go or it's real hard-ball.

If the reports are correct the club couldn't speed up the move based on the deal originally offered as the business rejected that offer? Or am I reading something wrong?

How exactly are you suggesting that this speeding up could have happened?

The move hasn't happened yet. It is in the interests of the club that it happens as soon as possible. If Archway Steel are forced to look for new premises on their own, this will take time and they might well drag their heels if they feel they are hard-done by. If the club keep the offer open for the 500 White Hart Lane site then the move can happen sooner.

I'd imagine once the CPO is signed Bulldozers go in the next day. :twisted:

The move hasn't happened yet. It is in the interests of the club that it happens as soon as possible. If Archway Steel are forced to look for new premises on their own, this will take time and they might well drag their heels if they feel they are hard-done by. If the club keep the offer open for the 500 White Hart Lane site then the move can happen sooner.

Surely there's a timescale inherent to a CPO?

There would be, if the steel company had any sense they would have started looking long ago.

If they have not then I say they are not smart business people.

The fact that they decided to drag this out in a court case kind of suggests they aren't the brightest bunch.

Surely there's a timescale inherent to a CPO?

I assume so, but also assume it allows them some time to find new premises. If there is something Spurs can offer now it will be quicker.

Or could be ... nothing seems quick in this process.

Daniel Levy said:
So an increased capacity stadium is also a priority. We are currently waiting for the Government’s decision with regard to purchasing the last remaining property necessary to complete the site assembly. In the meantime the pre-commencement works on site are ongoing and we shall continue to keep you updated.

Must be feeling somewhat confident if he's spending money on preparing the site.

Must be feeling somewhat confident if he's spending money on preparing the site.

Have you seen the old Wingate recently (you can peak a view of the site opposite Chick King)? The place is very much a building site (not just the Sainsburys end).

When we return in August for the first home match I am hoping we will have seen a lot of change on the Wingates site

31st July for the EL qualifying match you mean ;-)

If it means Arsenal dont win the Cup I will happily drive down on the 31st for an early start to our season. Although I would prefer the 2nd leg at home on the 7th, as I assume we would still have the pre-season home friendly on the 10th?
Make a mini-break of it \o/

Seems to me like Levy is saying that there's only red tape between us and an official announcement.

I'm no builder, but pre-commencement works seems very similar to actual works to me.

Seems to me like Levy is saying that there's only red tape between us and an official announcement.

I'm no builder, but pre-commencement works seems very similar to actual works to me.

I'm guessing it's getting the site ready for construction works. If the stadium was never built, the site would still need something else built, so it wouldn't be abortive works and wasted costs.

Last edited:

If it means Arsenal dont win the Cup I will happily drive down on the 31st for an early start to our season. Although I would prefer the 2nd leg at home on the 7th, as I assume we would still have the pre-season home friendly on the 10th?
Make a mini-break of it \o/

ha yeah I would take that, playing the early europa match if it meant arsenal did not win the cup.

By appealing Archway surely ether had very poor legal advice or chose to ignore it.

There's no way that a court is going to let a relatively small business get in the way of a massive urban regeneration project in a deprived area.

The appeal was frivolous and just a time wasting exercise and i know from experience the courts take a very dim view of such appeals which explains why archway would have been heavily penalised in costs.

By appealing Archway surely ether had very poor legal advice or chose to ignore it.

There's no way that a court is going to let a relatively small business get in the way of a massive urban regeneration project in a deprived area.

The appeal was frivolous and just a time wasting exercise and i know from experience the courts take a very dim view of such appeals which explains why archway would have been heavily penalised in costs.

There's a phrase with a backstory.

Back