• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

But remember that was from initial drawings, anything could have happened since 5 years ago.

Not sure if that's necessarily the case. Can't see a great deal changed from the original design. Unless those reduced seats are taken from the front.

Can anyone tell me why our seats in the current and planned new stadium are always blue, and not white? Our predominant colour is lily white so our stadium should reflect this. We could have navy blue seats in lower tier to reflect the shirts and short colours to give a more bespoke vision?

White quickly becomes grey or yellow. I think it's seriously that they will quickly start looking dirty and tatty.

This "new" visual.

How new is it? The screen in it has Bale and Modric

Presuming it's confirmed that that visual is the correct stand, and not just t'other end from the same angle?

Real sainsburys + imaginary stadium > no sainsburys + imaginary stadium I suppose

For whatever reason this had me laughing out loud. Not "internet lol", actual laugh, actual sound...

Cheers :)
White quickly becomes grey or yellow. I think it's seriously that they will quickly start looking dirty and tatty.

Good point. Might be a financial decision too as white seats would then have to be replaced more often.

Thank GHod, would have been a travesty if after all this time waiting for an update we get told they're removing the kop end part of the stadium

Agreed. That second picture of the two posted above really makes me happy just thinking about the prospect of it...

I know why a kop is called a kop, and why our shelf was called the shelf, but shouldn't we be calling the new kop, The Shelf, for historical reasons and our identity?

Also where are the away fans gonna be? The loudest (singing fans) used to be in the shelf and the away fans in Park Lane. Since the away fans got moved, the loudest fans have followed them round into Park Lane. Away fans at Liverpool are at the opposite end to the kop, but will our fans be happy with the separation?

I've always thought that the best position for away fans at WHL would be away from either end so that they cannot influence corners/penalties, and likewise an opposing player has always got our fans in his ear. Lots of away grounds we have been to put the away fans up in the gods - give them the **** seats.

I'd hope the club are reviewing acoustic design to ensure our fans are amplfied (either passively from roof design, or electronically) and the away support is muted.

I know why a kop is called a kop, and why our shelf was called the shelf, but shouldn't we be calling the new kop, The Shelf, for historical reasons and our identity?

Also where are the away fans gonna be? The loudest (singing fans) used to be in the shelf and the away fans in Park Lane. Since the away fans got moved, the loudest fans have followed them round into Park Lane. Away fans at Liverpool are at the opposite end to the kop, but will our fans be happy with the separation?

I've always thought that the best position for away fans at WHL would be away from either end so that they cannot influence corners/penalties, and likewise an opposing player has always got our fans in his ear. Lots of away grounds we have been to put the away fans up in the gods - give them the **** seats.

I'd hope the club are reviewing acoustic design to ensure our fans are amplfied (either passively from roof design, or electronically) and the away support is muted.

I couldn't agree more. What an outstanding experience it will be to walk the up the stairs into a wall of x thousand supporters just before a game starts. A few years away yet. We should have our own name. The Wall, The Shelf, etc just not the kop.

Away fans should be in the NE corner of WHL at the moment. Stick them up in Block A. Anyone ever sat there before? You actually face the North Stand itself and have to look sideways to see the pitch.

If we are going to have that then I want a big slide to be the way out of the ground :)

Away fans should be in the NE corner of WHL at the moment. Stick them up in Block A. Anyone ever sat there before? You actually face the North Stand itself and have to look sideways to see the pitch.

Yes and you are spot on. Mistimed the bar for the Villa match and couldnt get 2 seats together, so me and the wife are in Block A for the finale

I always think the problem with the atmosphere of Paxton is the season ticket holders - too many have become too cynical.

I wonder if this will happen with the Kop end too?

And the north west corner will become the new Park Lane/Shelf noisy and standing bit?

I always think the problem with the atmosphere of Paxton is the season ticket holders - too many have become too cynical.

I wonder if this will happen with the Kop end too?

And the north west corner will become the new Park Lane/Shelf noisy and standing bit?

I suspect the (tiny) possibility of the kop end eventually becoming safe standing would mean that those who want to stand would get their season tickets there just in case.

This just got posted by someone on Skyscrapercity. Obviously nothing to substantiate it, but who knows:

"Things are still looking good. Now over one of two hurdles"

I guess the two hurdles are the CPO and the NFL tenancy deal, and the latter is the one that will be resolved privately?

Back