• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

That amount of leg room is going to be a complete luxury!

seats730.jpg

I remember my first time at White Hart Lane as a 14 year old thinking, "how the hell can grown men fit in here?", it was so tight. :p

7. BUSINESS COMMUNITY LIAISON GROUP MEETING – 5 DECEMBER
THST was represented at the recent meeting of the Business Community Liaison Group on Tuesday 5 December at Lilywhite House. There was a lot of discussion around the stadium build and the transport plans for the opening of the new ground next season. The main points to note from the meeting were as follows:

• The TfL proposals for a change to the match day bus diversion route will be piloted first with the 149 for the first six games, then extended (if successful) for the 259, 279 & 349. The diverted route will be via Northumberland Park and Lansdowne Road.
  • THFC will be providing shuttle buses from Alexandra Palace (with a stop in Wood Green) and Tottenham Hale pre and post-match.
  • Unlikely that all rail infrastructure improvements will be completed by August. Work has now started on WHL station.
  • Improvements will be made around the High Road/White Hart Lane junction and to the pavements leading to WHL station.
  • 3 sets of public toilets are included in the project.
  • It was confirmed that parts of the build are ahead of schedule, parts on schedule and some parts behind schedule, as is to be expected in a build of this complexity.
  • All precast elements have now been installed in the NW/NE part of the stadium.
  • The pitch slab for NFL will be installed by Christmas.
  • The 99 trays comprising the football pitch will delivered and installed January/February.
  • As of 5 December, 1600 workers are on site at 10am, 800 on Saturdays and 300 on Sundays.
  • There will be no work at all on site on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day/New Year’s Day.
  • There will be no night working during the holiday period.
  • The roof lift will take three weeks and is planned to start towards the end of January.
  • Plans are being made for test events in August 2018 with the first NFL game scheduled for October 2018.
  • Footings for the Hotel are underway. Piling will be finished by Christmas.
  • The keys to Percy House will be handed over on Friday 15 December.
Slackers.

That amount of leg room is going to be a complete luxury!

seats730.jpg

I remember my first time at White Hart Lane as a 14 year old thinking, "how the hell can grown men fit in here?", it was so tight. :p
That's what I dont like about new stadiums. At Wembley there is too much room. The closeness at WHL was great especially when we scored and went mental and you smashed your knee on the seat in front! Hope they keep the south stand the same as old WHL.

That's what I dont like about new stadiums. At Wembley there is too much room. The closeness at WHL was great especially when we scored and went mental and you smashed your knee on the seat in front! Hope they keep the south stand the same as old WHL.

Yeah, that's true, it definitely contributed to the close-knit factor. We'll see, hopefully it won't make the atmosphere any worse.

There will be plenty of leg room, so people can get out and go and buy snacks/drinks easily. All about the "spend per visitor".

I'm pleased the seats are the right colour.
Watching that video, I couldn't help thinking that the robot could trim the feed off and stack it on a cooling rack... and probably screw them together too... and install them.

It is a very nice, quick installation system... they could easily switch the seats around to make a logo for THFC or whatever sponsor... they installed over a hundred seats and then removed them in minutes.

Exactly. Wembley lacks the intimacy. All so spaced out. Much prefer the cramped setup at old WHL.

Back