• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Great pictures there, the south stand is going to be way taller than I though if it goes to the height of that post on the outside.

What I love is that we are building the state of the art stadium with everything critically thought of.

I look at the steepness of the stands and that monstrous south stand ... can't help but chuckle that arsenal have built their brick stadium that will forever have the atmosphere of a library. Did they not consider atmosphere when they designed it? It's not like it's rocket science or a new concept.

I can't think of a team in the premier league currently that will have better facilities and experience like ours.

Are the cables the beginning of the roof!? When ready they'll tighten the cables and they'll rise up to form the beginning of the roof structure?

Are the cables the beginning of the roof!? When ready they'll tighten the cables and they'll rise up to form the beginning of the roof structure?

Yes, it will be similar to this one in Madrid:

YN2SjMO5Vf_compresion8.jpg

33159399766_3b1d98ba5d_b.jpg

atletico.jpg

DFGd-ulWsAE7wAM.jpg

37314244972_90997449ae_b.jpg

I guess that's why Levy was bullish about finishing on time. The roof on around the turn of the year was a key stage post. Still a massive massive amount of work to do. Mindboggling to think about the fit out. The contractor will have to keep the pedal to the floor and maintain the impressive progress through the winter and spring.

I wonder how the retractable pitch is going. Having that working will be another big piece. More because it's new and unique technology. Will be a fair few months before the crains leave the pitch to be.

I guess that's why Levy was bullish about finishing on time. The roof on around the turn of the year was a key stage post. Still a massive massive amount of work to do. Mindboggling to think about the fit out. The contractor will have to keep the pedal to the floor and maintain the impressive progress through the winter and spring.

I wonder how the retractable pitch is going. Having that working will be another big piece. More because it's new and unique technology. Will be a fair few months before the crains leave the pitch to be.
They have about 1/3 of the pitch left to concrete (west side). Once they have poured that 600m3 of concrete, it's pretty much ready to put in the pitch trays. The roof is scheduled to start end of January/beginning of February. There's quite a bit of steel work left to do on the south stand before they are ready for the roof, but it looks like they're pretty much on schedule.

That Atletico stadium looks great, very steep and intimidating. I may have asked before but is it steeper than ours and are the fans any nearer to the pitch than our stadium?

That Atletico stadium looks great, very steep and intimidating. I may have asked before but is it steeper than ours and are the fans any nearer to the pitch than our stadium?

Short answer: I dunno.

I did want to mention one of the stands was from an original stadium (athletics I think?) that was already on that site, so it's a bit wonky. I wonder if the original stand is any steeper than the new bits.

The answer is no and no. Both very similar in gradient and distance to the pitch.

Last edited:
Was actually outside the Atletico stadium this weekend, it’s on a hill on the outskirts of the City, has a real feeling of space to it. They have a huge Atleti flag outside, looks the nuts, especially as you get the wind from it’s open location. Not sure it would have the same affect for us on the built up high road there, but it’s nice touches like that that add value to a stadium.

I would imagine they will be able to run a shift pattern and effectively have 24hr production.

The Emirates is probably the newest stadium Ive ever been in, and honestly I thought it was pretty sparse inside! The walkways etc were dull concrete and the odd concession stand/food stand. Makes me wonder how much work is involved in the fit out?

Obviously the corporate areas etc will all be very plush, but are they that much work?

The Emirates is probably the newest stadium Ive ever been in, and honestly I thought it was pretty sparse inside! The walkways etc were dull concrete and the odd concession stand/food stand. Makes me wonder how much work is involved in the fit out?
Isn’t that because Arse didn’t install sprinklers so it has to be brutalist, whereas Levy is a genius?

I would imagine they will be able to run a shift pattern and effectively have 24hr production.

Obviously the corporate areas etc will all be very plush, but are they that much work?

Yes true. I guess it’s all the detail from the flooring, seat mounts, working plumbing, hospitality area etc. Not as much putting in 100 apartments but a sizeable amount of work when you add up all the small details.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

When do we hit the half way point in time e.g. 8 months to the first match, and 8 months ago it was just a hole in the ground with WHL on top / needing demolition?

What I love is that we are building the state of the art stadium with everything critically thought of.

I look at the steepness of the stands and that monstrous south stand ... can't help but chuckle that arsenal have built their brick stadium that will forever have the atmosphere of a library. Did they not consider atmosphere when they designed it? It's not like it's rocket science or a new concept.

I can't think of a team in the premier league currently that will have better facilities and experience like ours.
Aye but what to do when half our current players won’t even be in it....:p

Back