• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I imagine that's our expansion plan, that we'll submit c.2020, a bit like Brighton did shortly after finishing theirs

Your imagination is picturesque but impractical. Moving beyond the existing template in that manner would be an immense undertaking for comparatively little gain.

Some stadium ITK from a poster on SSC:

NFL update from another source and a handbook which THFC have sent out to corporate tickets holders;

- Strong rumours, and a leaked PDF, which shows Raiders v LA at 11 November 2018 at NWHL. Interestingly that’s the only game scheduled next year at NWHL.
- Handbook says in numerous places an “average of 2 games a season” and if it goes below 2 then NFL holders get a refund and if it goes above 2 then NFL holders pay more.
- Handbook mentions Super Bowl and playoff games specifically, although I doubt we’ll have a Super Bowl event at NWHL.
- We’re in the Sky Lounge and the food offering of “light food” is a bit disappointing and not really in line with what we were expecting having had the sales pitch.
- More ticket holders than expected get a car parking space (basically anyone with a higher corporate ticket than premium seats and holding four or more seats) and club have confirmed shuttle services in place for corporate tickets from “a number of places”.

I imagine that's our expansion plan, that we'll submit c.2020, a bit like Brighton did shortly after finishing theirs
It would be a reasonably expensive way of adding a few thousand seats that would offer the worst views, be the cheapeast in the stadium and probably the last ones sold for games (Wembley has shown us what people think about sitting in the top corners).

Does anyone know or can they answer the following at all please?

1) how many ST holders were there at WHL before the last game?
2) how many sT holders will there be the in new WHL?
3) how many STs were there in the south stand at WHL?

Reason I’m asking is that I was North lower all my ST life but we moved to Wembley with mates from the South Upper and sit together now and we all want to be together next year in the South stand. Bearing in mind that the new south stand will be 17,000 do you think it should be quite easy to get a ST in the south?

I’m also wondering how they will do the ST’s allocation and Windows this summer. My guess is that the old ST holders at WHL will get priority window 1, then it will be the new Wembley ST holders, and then those that want to be moved will get the chance to move afterwards?

Wasn’t this asked at the spurs fans forum thing but not actually answered by Spurs?

Does anyone know or can they answer the following at all please?

1) how many ST holders were there at WHL before the last game?
2) how many sT holders will there be the in new WHL?
3) how many STs were there in the south stand at WHL?

Reason I’m asking is that I was North lower all my ST life but we moved to Wembley with mates from the South Upper and sit together now and we all want to be together next year in the South stand. Bearing in mind that the new south stand will be 17,000 do you think it should be quite easy to get a ST in the south?

I’m also wondering how they will do the ST’s allocation and Windows this summer. My guess is that the old ST holders at WHL will get priority window 1, then it will be the new Wembley ST holders, and then those that want to be moved will get the chance to move afterwards?

Wasn’t this asked at the spurs fans forum thing but not actually answered by Spurs?

1) 23,500

2) It was capped at 40,000 this season to make sure everyone gets one at NWHL. They will probably add a few more to that.

hsnwy8.jpg

I really hope we manage to gather all those that want to stand and sing in that lower section of the South stand.

Ok so from those 23,500 I’m going to estimate that at most half of those were south stand, probably less so around 10,000 ST holders.

As I’m an old ST holder surely I’ll get a good choice of seats in the new south stand then as around 3,500 of the 7,000 left should be available for season ticket holders?

This is all guesswork obviously. Pointless ha.

NFL update from another source and a handbook which THFC have sent out to corporate tickets holders;

- Strong rumours, and a leaked PDF, which shows Raiders v LA at 11 November 2018 at NWHL. Interestingly that’s the only game scheduled next year at NWHL.
- Handbook says in numerous places an “average of 2 games a season” and if it goes below 2 then NFL holders get a refund and if it goes above 2 then NFL holders pay more.
- Handbook mentions Super Bowl and playoff games specifically, although I doubt we’ll have a Super Bowl event at NWHL.
- We’re in the Sky Lounge and the food offering of “light food” is a bit disappointing and not really in line with what we were expecting having had the sales pitch.
- More ticket holders than expected get a car parking space (basically anyone with a higher corporate ticket than premium seats and holding four or more seats) and club have confirmed shuttle services in place for corporate tickets from “a number of places”.

Our new stadium will be too small to host a Super Bowl, as the NFL apparently require a minimum seating capacity of 70K with 35,000 car parking spaces.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-requirements-for-super-bowls-host-city-leaked/

Ok so from those 23,500 I’m going to estimate that at most half of those were south stand, probably less so around 10,000 ST holders.

As I’m an old ST holder surely I’ll get a good choice of seats in the new south stand then as around 3,500 of the 7,000 left should be available for season ticket holders?

This is all guesswork obviously. Pointless ha.
Not every old ST holder will want to sit in the South Stand, loads will be East & West, I'm in the same boat as you and it will be fine

We should have built 2 more trees in the corners to level out the height of the South Stand..lol
It would boosted our capacity to around 70K..

You can't do that. The reason the corners dip is because there is a maximum distance a seat can be from the farthest corner flag. A lot of people think the corners dip because of the TV screens, but that isn't the case.

I think the south corners are about 10m from the the maximum that UEFA stipulate so not much wiggle room.

Last edited:

Isnt the NFL stuff all what was confirmed anyway - IE 2 games a year for a period and then possible residency of a new franchise - assuming there is a market?

Im sure it was 2 games a year for 10 years but that could be my memory playing me up.

Our new stadium will be too small to host a Super Bowl, as the NFL apparently require a minimum seating capacity of 70K with 35,000 car parking spaces.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-requirements-for-super-bowls-host-city-leaked/

I think if they were ever going to make an exception to that rule it would be to bring the superbowl to somewhere like London. London it a lot more compact than a lot of America where it's basically necessary to drive, the publicity might make up for the loss in ticket sales.

Note- I'm not saying it will happen, but IF there was ever a superbowl outside the states..

I think if they were ever going to make an exception to that rule it would be to bring the superbowl to somewhere like London. London it a lot more compact than a lot of America where it's basically necessary to drive, the publicity might make up for the loss in ticket sales.

Note- I'm not saying it will happen, but IF there was ever a superbowl outside the states..
....it would be at Wembley

....it would be at Wembley

Possibly, but New WHL would be better kitted out for NFL and the accompanying circus and if we did have a London team (not incredibly unlikely) based at WHL it would be more likely.

Again, not saying it would happen, but money talks and if they decided it was worthwhile it may happen. I wouldn't bet against it.

Back