• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I'd much rather a high street of Best Kebabs, Chick Kings, Body Music (the record shop at Seven Sisters) and West Indian fruit and veg shops, than crap like Costas and Nandos.

Gentrification is good in some ways, but it needs to retain independents, not become identikit.
Costa and Nandos are not the end point of gentrification. A Laura Ashley and an M&S would be a bit closer.

If course, properly gentrified areas have more than their fair share of independent retailers, but they're not ones you'd recognise from any high street around Tottenham.

I'd much rather a high street of Best Kebabs, Chick Kings, Body Music (the record shop at Seven Sisters) and West Indian fruit and veg shops, than crap like Costas and Nandos.

Gentrification is good in some ways, but it needs to retain independents, not become identikit.
I'd nuke all the take aways, we've gone from a nation where the work class only bought fish and chips and lived on home cooked food to a nation which would stave without take aways and microwave meals. I have nothing against independent shops just the scruffy way they look and the duplication of phone shops, nail bars, tattoo parlours, "pawn shops", 24 hour off licences and betting shops. They all help to take us back to the world of Hogarth cartoons.

If it could just be a bit more Kew, it would be just the ticket darling?

Last edited:
Comparison with the lovely spammers stadium made by LS80 over at Skyscrapercity, London Stadium's East Stand vs NWHL East Stand. :D Hope you all have a widescreen by now.

WH_Comparison_wyel1i.png

Last edited:
The London Stadium roof looks a physical impossibility to me. That is some feat of engineering.

I see also in that pic
- the East Tunnel Club (= £££)
- the NFL Tunnel Club (= $$$)
- the Keg Store (=£:)£:)£:confused:£o_O:eek::(£:))

Comparison with the lovely spammers stadium made by LS80 over at Skyscrapercity, London Stadium's East Stand vs NWHL East Stand. :D Hope you all have a widescreen by now.

WH_Comparison_wyel1i.png
Why dont spam just suspend their seats from tbe roof? They'd be closer that way.

Costa and Nandos are not the end point of gentrification. A Laura Ashley and an M&S would be a bit closer.

If course, properly gentrified areas have more than their fair share of independent retailers, but they're not ones you'd recognise from any high street around Tottenham.

Err somehow I can't see Tottenham being gentrified lol.......

WH_Comparison_wyel1i.png
if the faint lines are the temporary seating than it isn't too bad for fans, just the last one third of the stadium which they wouldn't fill anyway.

Err somehow I can't see Tottenham being gentrified lol.......

You'd be surprised, when Crossrail 2 goes there that will help. Plus it's only 20-25 minutes on the tube from Seven Sisters to central - the way house prices are going people will move to more areas like this which will result in the inevitable high street of Costa's and Pret.

Back