• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Being a "grumpy old man" I look around London and miss the old landmarks I've known that have disappeared and been replace by glass monoliths or retail parks as I feel it make the city like those poor women who have plastic surgery to look younger but end up looking like waxwork figures. I the get the feeling that new stadium we are creating will make the rest of the area look an even bigger s hit hole than it is, hopefully Tottenham will improve even if it means more multi national outlets replacing 3rd world shops, nail bars, tattoo parlours and betting shops.

Being a "grumpy old man" I look around London and miss the old landmarks I've known that have disappeared and been replace by glass monoliths or retail parks as I feel it make the city like those poor women who have plastic surgery to look younger but end up looking like waxwork figures. I the get the feeling that new stadium we are creating will make the rest of the area look an even bigger s hit hole than it is, hopefully Tottenham will improve even if it means more multi national outlets replacing 3rd world shops, nail bars, tattoo parlours and betting shops.
We are becoming like the Americans. I remember Eddie Izzard's sketch in Dressed to Kill....

“We’ve redecorated this building to how it looked over fifty years ago!” And people were going, “No, surely not, no. No one was alive then.”

Well, we got tons of history, lying about the place. Big old castles. And we – and they – they just get in the way. We’re driving – “Oh, a fudging castle. Have to drive around it...” Cause Disney came over and built, uh, EuroDisney, which – now – and, and they built, you know, the Disney castle there, and then – it was, “You better make it a bit bigger, they’ve actually got them here".

Bloomin love Eddie Izzard.

I'd much rather a high street of Best Kebabs, Chick Kings, Body Music (the record shop at Seven Sisters) and West Indian fruit and veg shops, than crap like Costas and Nandos.

Gentrification is good in some ways, but it needs to retain independents, not become identikit.

Well, I think he's a clam

tenor.gif

It's what's wrong with the people of today mate. Immediately hate famous people for no justified reason at all, no matter what good they have done in life, just because they are basically rich, famous and in a far better position in life than them. Far too much jealousy in the world man.
Who in their right mind would want to be famous.

It's what's wrong with the people of today mate. Immediately hate famous people for no justified reason at all, no matter what good they have done in life, just because they are basically rich, famous and in a far better position in life than them. Far too much jealousy in the world man.

There we go, so easy to be judgmental and so wrong.

Back