• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Whilst I think that article is interesting, like @Kandi1977 I don't think it is comparing apples with apples. We have a retractable pitch and our design is superior in almost every single way so it stands to reason that ours will cost more. We also benefit from having superior tv revenues now than then (even in real terms) meaning that it will be easier to pay off any debt.

I have no doubts that we will be able to afford the project even with the unknowns of how much we will get in naming rights. The complexity is all in the timing of any payments that we get, and with Levy in charge I am sure that the best course of action will be taken.

Doesn't a larger pitch make pressing more difficult?
ball retention too.
pressing isn't just closing down the player on the ball.

its pressing out the options available to him

so it still comes down to individual fitness and attributes like speed, reaction, agility - which becomes more magnified over longer distances.

A few extra meters one way or the other won't make a whole lot of difference to the energy expended really, IMO.

Have bothered to ask him on twitter what precedent there is for a stadium redevelopment of the scale of Chelsea's operating to a construction timetable that would lead to them moving out in that season. I believe this is a non-story.

It would probably mean Chelsea gambling on getting planning application later and just using that season the tear down their current brickhole. Anything to put a spanner in the works for us.

It would probably mean Chelsea gambling on getting planning application later and just using that season the tear down their current brickhole. Anything to put a spanner in the works for us.

Chelsea's stadium will waltz through all planning obstacles, money talks, greased palms and all that

More than likely but hopefully there'll be enough Spurs fans in the area doing their bit, lodging appeals at every stage to ensure maximum delays to the planning process.
You'd have to think some of the wealthy locals might have an objection or two. Daniel must know someone in the area

Obviously without seeing their plans its hard to see what grounds there would be to object, they are situated right by a rail line and I'm unsure where the tube line runs, access could be a big problems

You'd have to think some of the wealthy locals might have an objection or two. Daniel must know someone in the area

I was going to say this. Hammersmith & Fulham isn't exactly a cheap borough for the down on their luck (by London standards, anyway): there are an awful lot of minted people around who wouldn't (I imagine) take very kindly to 40-50 (on average) trucks and pilers moving in and out of the area every day without much by way of prior notice. If Chelsea imagine they can get planning permission in time to knock down their gaff by 2017 and move into Wembley, they're sorely mistaken, I think: unless of course, they've put some money in the right places. Alternatively ,they could just leave Stamford Bridge unused and move to Wembley while the deliberations are ongoing: maintenance and upkeep costs wouldn't mean anything to Abramovich anyway, and objections can always be greased over. Although, admittedly, I can't see the benefit to them of doing all that just to f*ck us over for the one season we're looking at relocating.

I said this before but I don't think they are intending to be there in 17/18 - they just hope that their interest will be enough to stop us from moving in - sign a deal and then once we're locked in to MK pull out of Wembley at the last minute

I said this before but I don't think they are intending to be there in 17/18 - they just hope that their interest will be enough to stop us from moving in - sign a deal and then once we're locked in to MK pull out of Wembley at the last minute

The FA wouldn't exactly take that lying down, though. From their perspective, that's at least 15-30 million quid they're being cheated out of, possibly more if Chelsea pull out of the entire deal (as opposed to just the 2017-2018 season): that'll take an awful lot of brown paper bags to overlook.

Back