• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Does anyone know what will be the size of the pitch i presume it be slightly bigger than we got now. i remember Poch or was it AVB complaining the WHL was too small for the way they want to play.

Does anyone know what will be the size of the pitch i presume it be slightly bigger than we got now. i remember Poch or was it AVB complaining the WHL was too small for the way they want to play.

AVB, Poch and Dembele have all complained about our small pitch.

Pitches have to be within a range. The allowed parameters are:
Length 100 to 130 yards
Width - 50 to 100 yards

Ours is the smallest in the league (110 x 73 yards), whilst City's is the biggest (116 x 75).

Apparently when Arsenal moved they kept exactly the same size pitch. I think I read it's the narrowest in the league?

I think our training pitch is exactly the same size as the WHL pitch.. So we'll have to change that as well when we get a new stadium. I wonder how the size of the Wembley pitch would affect us if we were to play there for a season?

Article on the subject: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/29/pochettino-pitch-size-does-matter

Apparently when Arsenal moved they kept exactly the same size pitch. I think I read it's the narrowest in the league?

I think our training pitch is exactly the same size as the WHL pitch.. So we'll have to change that as well when we get a new stadium. I wonder how the size of the Wembley pitch would affect us if we were to play there for a season?

Article on the subject: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/29/pochettino-pitch-size-does-matter
I would have thought that would hamper their style of play actually.

The death star has a pitch width of 68 metres, one more than Highbury, but the grass area is 76 metres wide. They can mark the pitch to the manager's instructions. Stoke would deliberately narrow their's as much as possible under Pulis.

BEN: I think In jan next year ground will go 3 sides the north stand be knocked down as we play in it then season after will be Wembley or Mk dons between them two. looks like wembley . England use spurs traning ground now helps us getting wembley. north is being knocked down fact . we would only play from Jan to may with 3 sides.

The death star has a pitch width of 68 metres, one more than Highbury, but the grass area is 76 metres wide. They can mark the pitch to the manager's instructions. Stoke would deliberately narrow their's as much as possible under Pulis.

I remember City widening theirs in the mid-90s when they had a pair of flying wingers in Summerbee and Beagrie.

Arsenal's is the 9th biggest at 114 x 74 yards

BEN: I think In jan next year ground will go 3 sides the north stand be knocked down as we play in it then season after will be Wembley or Mk dons between them two. looks like wembley . England use spurs traning ground now helps us getting wembley. north is being knocked down fact . we would only play from Jan to may with 3 sides.

Would really be surprised if that happened in mid-season

(
Clubs aren't allowed to play their PL home games in more than one ground each season.

Not strictly true. They can't have two grounds and pick and choose, but the rules allow a change of designated ground if approved by the PL. Nothing in the rules blocks a mid-season change, although Richard "champagne at Highbury as the lasagna struck at Upton Park" Scudamore has suggested he opposes a mid-season change because of how it changes the fairness of the league schedule (39th game, cough).

P.S. Isn't the wide Emirates Marketing Project ground referring to Maine Road? Isn't Etihad the standard FIFA?

Edit:

Maine Road: 107 x 71 metres (116.5 x 78 yards).
Etihad Stadium: 105 by 68 m (115 by 74 yards)

Standard FIFA: 105 by 68 metres (115 yd × 74 yd)

Highury: 100×67m (109×73 yds)
Emirates: 105 × 68 metres

Last edited:
Clubs aren't allowed to play their PL home games in more than one ground each season.

The whole BEN post is probably horsebrick, but he's not suggesting we'd play in two different grounds in one season. He's saying that we'd play in a ground with three stands for half a season before moving out altogether at the end of that season...

The whole BEN post is probably horsebrick, but he's not suggesting we'd play in two different grounds in one season. He's saying that we'd play in a ground with three stands for half a season before moving out altogether at the end of that season...

That's the point, we have to play part of next season with three stands or make this our last one at WHL.

The North stand holds 10k, depending on where you draw the lines I guess. There will be a serious shortage of tickets for that final half a season. Quite a few ST holders will miss out.

According to this season' Premier League handbook, WHL is one of only six grounds that remain unable to comply with rule K21; which specifies a pitch size of 105 by 68 metres:

White Hart Lane = 100m x 67m
Goodison Park = 100.48m x 68m
Upton Park = 100.58m x 68m
Selhurst Park = 101m x 68m
Anfield = 101m x 68m
Stamford Bridge = 103m x 67.5m

http://www.premierleague.com/conten...handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2015-16.pdf

Spurs will no longer have an exemption when we move to our new home.

A0pP7k7CMAAqxfG

Last edited:
Back