• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Hmmm, Spurs may yet be granted leave to use Olympic Stadium during the construction period. And this from a reputable source:

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ssibility-of-groundsharing-at-olympic-stadium
I'm not sure it's massively important where we play our transitional season (within reason obviously). But part of me would find it very funny if West Ham were forced to ground share with us for a year against their wishes. It would be the perfect illustration of their lack of ownership and control over "their" stadium. There would be something lovely about the symbolism of us using it as a halfway house on our journey to something infinitely better.

Last edited:
Well we shouldn't need to pay more than west ham are paying,a figure substantially less than Wembley want i would think.
Has it been confirmed that the North stand will come down early or is that a wild rumour.

I'm not sure it's massively important where we play our transitional season (within reason obviously). But part of me would find it very funny if West Ham were forced to ground share with us for a year against their wishes. It would be the perfect illustration of their lack of ownership and control over "their" stadium. There would be something lovely about the symbolism of us using it as a halfway house on our journey to something infinitely better.

Would also make them the worst supported team in their own stadium :D

Every game of the transitional season: "This grounds a s**thole, we want our new home"

Well we shouldn't need to pay more than west ham are paying,a figure substantially less than Wembley want i would think.
Has it been confirmed that the North stand will come down early or is that a wild rumour.
West Ham are paying £2.5 million a year of rent and no operating costs. Of course we couldn't expect to achieve a rent as low as that for only a single season, but certainly a rent of £5 million a year would be considered fair and achievable.

That being said it may still work out more cost effective to use Wembley even at the quoted £15 million cost. I believe the Olympic stadium only has corporate seating for around 2,000 fans (which I think is a lower number than even WHL has).

We'll doubtless have to pay a very high premium for using Wembley whereas because of the precedent set of scandalously favourable terms for West Ham there's no way they can bleed us dry for the OS.

Also better to fill a 54K capacity to the rafters than be obliged to settle for a half-empty 90K one.

We'll doubtless have to pay a very high premium for using Wembley whereas because of the precedent set of scandalously favourable terms for West Ham there's no way they can bleed us dry for the OS.

Also better to fill a 54K capacity to the rafters than be obliged to settle for a half-empty 90K one.
If we end up using Wembley for a season then it will be restricted to the 2 lower tiers anyway due to the deal that they have with Brent Council restricting the number of events they can stage with the whole stadium open. Capacity will therefore be around 50k (although it may be that Wembley could squeeze 2 or 3 90k events in for us).

[QUOTE="Finney Is Back, post: 778324, member: 805"]If we end up using Wembley for a season then it will be restricted to the 2 lower tiers anyway due to the deal that they have with Brent Council restricting the number of events they can stage with the whole stadium open. Capacity will therefore be around 50k (although it may be that Wembley could squeeze 2 or 3 90k events in for us).[/QUOTE]

Well actually that was my point. The empty top tier is bound to impinge on the atmosphere somewhat I'd have thought.

Hadn't heard there's a chance we might be allowed to fill it for a couple of games though, now that would tilt the balance in it's favour for sure.

Back