• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I said this before but I don't think they are intending to be there in 17/18 - they just hope that their interest will be enough to stop us from moving in - sign a deal and then once we're locked in to MK pull out of Wembley at the last minute
If the FA agree to both teams playing at Wembley in 17/18 as reported then that sort of shenanigans would only end up costing them 15mil for nothing. They'll have to cough up whether they play at Wembley or not if they have committed to the deal.

Personally I wouldn't like to share diddly squat with Chelsea so being sole tenant is a clear preference. I'm not sure the pitch could take all those matches either.

The FA wouldn't exactly take that lying down, though. From their perspective, that's at least 15-30 million quid they're being cheated out of, possibly more if Chelsea pull out of the entire deal (as opposed to just the 2017-2018 season): that'll take an awful lot of brown paper bags to overlook.
As you say, those in that borough are not short of a few brown bags already so he'll may have to resort to more nefarious tactics (and he certainly is no stranger to those).

Edit: How many seasons are Chelsea proposing to vacate Stamford bridge for?

What did he say?

“We would love to play at Wembley,” said the Tottenham head coach. “It’s in London and it’s close. It’s a good option for us. I don’t hear anything but you know that for us it could be possible to play there.

“I haven’t had communication from my chairman (Daniel Levy) about it but maybe we will speak in the future. But why not Milton Keynes as well? Both options are good.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-would-love-to-play-at-wembley-a3160196.html

Reported on the BBC Sport site.............

The UK will have its own American football franchise within six years, according to NFL spokesman Mark Waller.

London's Wembley Stadium has hosted regular season NFL games since 2007, with Jacksonville Jaguars playing one home game a season there since 2013.

But this is the first time the sport's governing body has committed to a franchise permanently based in Britain.

"The fan base is big enough and passionate enough that it can support a franchise," said Waller.

Why do they call him that?

original.jpg

.......................because he dodges bullets, Avi.

Ahh, we're mixing our movie metaphors. My reference to 'Boris' was the Boris who is mayor. The original quote comes from earlier in the movie with Charlie on the sausage grill.

Wouldn't put it past Levy to get Vinnie Jones in on loan if it means getting final approval.

Ahh, we're mixing our movie metaphors. My reference to 'Boris' was the Boris who is mayor. The original quote comes from earlier in the movie with Charlie on the sausage grill.

Wouldn't put it past Levy to get Vinnie Jones in on loan if it means getting final approval.

latest

Well, sort of. Anyway, I think Vinnie Jones has other ideas at the moment....:)

kill-kane-600x847.jpg

Back