• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

tinkles me off that although Abramboviic was sanctioned, Chelsea got off scot free. The club, their fans and the Government knew exactly who was in charge. So why no punishment for the club by anyone: UEFA, Premier League, UK Govt?
More farcical is that Roman Abramovich is deemed an absolutely boba-fide, legit person to own Chelsea FC (or any other business or property or anything in the UK) until the point that Putin invaded Ukraine.

I think u have to look at the government.

This was during a time when luxury boats and properties of oligarchs were being seized by governments worldwide.

The UK government could've done the same.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

They did seize it and sold it, now they have the money.

I don't know if they were cut to the bone or not, I don't track who works in these departments and even if I did I wouldn't have the knowledge of what's needed in each department and if those that are there are any use. I doubt any of us really do.
What concerned me more was that we abandoned the DoF model we had in place to keep a few managers happy. That should never have been the case. That's finally been fixed and I hope Levy never abandons it again. With Paratici in place it seems a lot of things are improving behind the scenes. Again I don't have the knowledge, but just the bits of info coming out seem to indicate this.

I definitely agree with this.

The quote from the club is about as clear a statement as we can get that Levy/the board have been unhappy with the people responsible for the recruitment for several years. "our recruitment has to be first class. Mistakes at this level leave a financial and sporting impact for future seasons. We have felt the financial impact of supporting player purchases which have not worked out as hoped."

Imo a DoF model will be vulnerable to poor decision making too in several different ways. Any structural model is only as good as the people working within that model. But it gives another layer of longer term thinking that I think is overall beneficial. Also a level of footballing knowledge when hiring decisions are made that can definitely be useful.

I too hope we stick with that model. But we need to make sure the DoF is really good and identifying those can be a rather difficult process. I think we've done really well work Paratici in this regard.

Interesting to see that on twitter there are now a few fan group accounts that seem to be gaining some traction, where the aim is to be more constructive and less combative in the criticism and approach to the club (not that they are in a position to interact with the club - not yet at least).

I think it all risks getting a bit toxic today if there are groups trying to walk out whilst others are watching the match. Not sure there’s a big enough number to make it in any way effective. It will probably just end up with our fans fighting amongst themselves.
And if we’re winning at the time, that’ll probably make a few think twice as well.
Quite a sorry state of affairs really.

Interesting to see that on twitter there are now a few fan group accounts that seem to be gaining some traction, where the aim is to be more constructive and less combative in the criticism and approach to the club (not that they are in a position to interact with the club - not yet at least).

I think it all risks getting a bit toxic today if there are groups trying to walk out whilst others are watching the match. Not sure there’s a big enough number to make it in any way effective. It will probably just end up with our fans fighting amongst themselves.
And if we’re winning at the time, that’ll probably make a few think twice as well.
Quite a sorry state of affairs really.
Embarrassing

I definitely agree with this.

The quote from the club is about as clear a statement as we can get that Levy/the board have been unhappy with the people responsible for the recruitment for several years. "our recruitment has to be first class. Mistakes at this level leave a financial and sporting impact for future seasons. We have felt the financial impact of supporting player purchases which have not worked out as hoped."

Imo a DoF model will be vulnerable to poor decision making too in several different ways. Any structural model is only as good as the people working within that model. But it gives another layer of longer term thinking that I think is overall beneficial. Also a level of footballing knowledge when hiring decisions are made that can definitely be useful.

I too hope we stick with that model. But we need to make sure the DoF is really good and identifying those can be a rather difficult process. I think we've done really well work Paratici in this regard.
I think Paratici has been really good so far in delivering our targets. Long may it continue.

To be honest, I hate Chelsea as much as most but it wouldn't have made sense for the club to be sanctioned.

It's a business that gained a huge competitive advantage by way of money/funding that the government determined came from sources that needed to be snactioned.

If it was any other business but a football club, it would have been sanctioned at minimum if not shut down.

It's a business that gained a huge competitive advantage by way of money/funding that the government determined came from sources that needed to be snactioned.

If it was any other business but a football club, it would have been sanctioned at minimum if not shut down.

Maybe but they didn't

But they didn’t need to be sanctioned until the point that Putin invaded Ukraine.

If we sanctioned every country and business people that were arseholes we'd be using coal and steam engines.
And the UK government and banking systems were complicit in what the Russians and Arabs were doing before so they would have been implicating themselves by doing so. The Ukrainian war was their opportunity to act and based on global reactions to Russia they had to be seen to act

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Back