• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

That is addressed in the replies:
"There has been a detailed review of all departments on the football side of the Club in order to constantly improve and changes have been – and continue to be – made to ensure we remain competitive, attract and retain the best players and continue to progress. Improved recruitment and a world class academy are vital to our future success."

I'd say there is still work to be done on that but there have been a good few announcements about additions to scouting since Paratici has arrived.
Does it concern you that we'd cut these things to the bone previously as clearly not deeming them important?

Roman, wasn't until heavy pressure that he came out with "ohh I don't want my money back" despite a push by his legal to get his 1.7bn back via Camberley Investments or whoever the other company was that was due to take the money that his other shell company put in.

I know you love the bloke but he was bent as a nine bob note, killed people for his position in Russia, had a network of shell companies and clubs to double dip on players and launder money, had companies co owned with hit men, used the money to fund Chelsea which nearly drove the club to the wall when embargoed hence why their fans were on tele crying their eyes out and not being able to take cash at games last year.

No amount of tin and pots covers the fact he was a crook

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
I don't love the bloke at all. Just don't think your account is correct. Abramovich did not load debt onto Chelsea. He kept Chelsea debt free while loading debt onto a business that he solely owned (Fordstram Limited).

Does it concern you that we'd cut these things to the bone previously as clearly not deeming them important?
I don't know if they were cut to the bone or not, I don't track who works in these departments and even if I did I wouldn't have the knowledge of what's needed in each department and if those that are there are any use. I doubt any of us really do.
What concerned me more was that we abandoned the DoF model we had in place to keep a few managers happy. That should never have been the case. That's finally been fixed and I hope Levy never abandons it again. With Paratici in place it seems a lot of things are improving behind the scenes. Again I don't have the knowledge, but just the bits of info coming out seem to indicate this.

I don't know if they were cut to the bone or not, I don't track who works in these departments and even if I did I wouldn't have the knowledge of what's needed in each department and if those that are there are any use. I doubt any of us really do.
What concerned me more was that we abandoned the DoF model we had in place to keep a few managers happy. That should never have been the case. That's finally been fixed and I hope Levy never abandons it again. With Paratici in place it seems a lot of things are improving behind the scenes. Again I don't have the knowledge, but just the bits of info coming out seem to indicate this.

Funny that, some who want to blame Levy for everything are the biggest defenders of Poch (who didn't want the DoF)

Fact is, it's too easy to say Spurs were brick at buying player until Paratici -> Carrick, Modric, Bale, Walker, Rose, Jan, Toby, Lloris, Eriksen, Dembele, Keane, Defoe, Berbatov, VDV, Son, list goes on, we have a history of making some brilliant buys.

Now it would be a fun exercise to map FA, Comolli, Mitchell, Paratici, no Dof buys and do the comparison, probably with some context of club income/profit at the time.

Funny that, some who want to blame Levy for everything are the biggest defenders of Poch (who didn't want the DoF)

Fact is, it's too easy to say Spurs were brick at buying player until Paratici -> Carrick, Modric, Bale, Walker, Rose, Jan, Toby, Lloris, Eriksen, Dembele, Keane, Defoe, Berbatov, VDV, Son, list goes on, we have a history of making some brilliant buys.

Now it would be a fun exercise to map FA, Comolli, Mitchell, Paratici, no Dof buys and do the comparison, probably with some context of club income/profit at the time.
Who says that Poch didn't want a DoF? He seemed very happy to work with Mitchell didn't he (though to be fair Mitchell wasn't actually a DoF but he was at least a very good head of football recruitment). Letting Mitchell leave (essentially over money) was a big mistake

I think we also had Baldini as DoF for a while?

Also pleat, would have been the likes of walker, bale, lennon, keane etc... Modric was comolli but levy had to fly out to secure the deal. Eriksen was baldini the magnificent 7 lot. Vdv was a late offer to levy on deadline day which harry ok'd. Can't remember the others.

Nobody has said we were brick at buying players for our entire history until Paratici, but we have been brick for several years prior to him coming in.
There's been a marked improvement under him compared to the 4-5 years previous.
Also, it's not just about buying players, but overseeing the whole football side of things.

Who says that Poch didn't want a DoF? He seemed very happy to work with Mitchell didn't he (though to be fair Mitchell wasn't actually a DoF but he was at least a very good head of football recruitment). Letting Mitchell leave (essentially over money) was a big mistake

I think we also had Baldini as DoF for a while?

He brought Ramon Planes over from Espanyol when he arrived (the one who until recently was at Barca). I'm not sure what happened there though - whether he clashed with Baldini or just didn't settle in England - but he only stayed a year.

Hitchen joined in 17 ahead of the summer window and left after the 22 January window (Paratici joined summer 21)- pretty sure there wouldn't have been more than 1 or 2 decent buys in that period, excluding when Paratici was involved

Hitchen joined in 17 ahead of the summer window and left after the 22 January window (Paratici joined summer 21)- pretty sure there wouldn't have been more than 1 or 2 decent buys in that period, excluding when Paratici was involved
The scouting side of things also went to brick under Hitchen, we barely had a network.

I don't love the bloke at all. Just don't think your account is correct. Abramovich did not load debt onto Chelsea. He kept Chelsea debt free while loading debt onto a business that he solely owned (Fordstram Limited).

The debt and loan was listed on the clubs accounts which suggests that until the embargo and pressure over Ukraine he wanted that noney back which was actually listed to be owed to another company although paid from the company you mention. It might also explain why till this day, independent financial experts still value the club less than what was paid saying that 1.5bn is closer to the true value with the extra being paid likely to be the money from the debt. I mean we could argue about that till the cows come home because some will say they were paying for the brand etc but I am going by analysts who looked into it.

But that aside, as I always say on here, people will always look past the fact he was a murderous scumbag because he won a CL title and a few leagues titles, which makes it ok. Some Spurs fans would have taken Chemical Ali if it meant a league title

with the extra being paid likely to be the money from the debt.
I'm lost on the Cheatski purchase price.
Surely if a club had a MASSIVE debt, they would be sold for a nominal £1 or something.
I.e. please take this club off my hands and take the debt away from me
So wouldn't Boehly pay less, like £1 if there was some huge debt, rather than paying e.g. £1.5bn for the club + £2.5bn for the 'debt' or whatever the numbers were.
Nothing makes sense in Abramovich land.

Surely if a club had a MASSIVE debt, they would be sold for a nominal £1 or something.
So wouldn't Boehly pay less, like £1 if there was some huge debt, rather than paying e.g. £1.5bn for the club + £2.5bn for the 'debt' or whatever the numbers were.
The debt was to Roman who owned the club
So anyone buying it had to pay for the club and the money the club owed Roman basically

The debt was basically wiped out, as part of the sale was that Abramovich couldn't gain from it. He did try and get the loans he provided repaid but because of the sanctions against him that was blocked.

tinkles me off that although Abramboviic was sanctioned, Chelsea got off scot free. The club, their fans and the Government knew exactly who was in charge. So why no punishment for the club by anyone: UEFA, Premier League, UK Govt?

I think u have to look at the government.

This was during a time when luxury boats and properties of oligarchs were being seized by governments worldwide.

The UK government could've done the same.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I think u have to look at the government.

This was during a time when luxury boats and properties of oligarchs were being seized by governments worldwide.

The UK government could've done the same.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

To be honest, I hate Chelsea as much as most but it wouldn't have made sense for the club to be sanctioned.

Back