• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Considering he's King-esque in his positional play which makes up for his average pace, I'm wondering if we need to play him on Wednesday night against Utd. Restore some organisation and calm to our team. Means we have selection choices and competition for places between Dier Dembele Wanyama which will hopefully lift their games.

Dier looks like he needs a rest to be honest, he's played a lot more football than the others. Wanyama and Dembele for me against Utd with a back three, Aurier & Davies wing backs with Son Eriksen and Kane up top.

For me wanyama and dembele struggled against Newport... so I’m not convinced their both back to fitness yet

Dier in midfield and Toby back in defence works for me

we'll need some ball retention against United to stifle their counter attack of Rashford / Lingard / Martial / Sanchez (whoever plays).

Dembele for me is crucial and allows us to transition forward collectively as a unit and a little slower. I dont trust Dier right now

For me wanyama and dembele struggled against Newport... so I’m not convinced their both back to fitness yet

Dier in midfield and Toby back in defence works for me
FWII, I think Dembele would struggle against Man U, and Wanyama is one game closer to fitness than Alderweireld.

not. in. squad.

sad face.

He was vital tonight to occupy Lukaku. Jan's had him in the pocket before but i'm not sure i trust Dav Sanchez in the strength battle.
The movement of their front 3 or 4 is going to be an issue tonight. Ours by contrast will cause some problems, but quick pace, movement and fast ball transition are not Alli and Eriksens' strengths for me.

not. in. squad.

sad face.

He was vital tonight to occupy Lukaku. Jan's had him in the pocket before but i'm not sure i trust Dav Sanchez in the strength battle.
The movement of their front 3 or 4 is going to be an issue tonight. Ours by contrast will cause some problems, but quick pace, movement and fast ball transition are not Alli and Eriksens' strengths for me.

No but that does sound like Son’s game

not. in. squad.

sad face.

What is the squad?

Also saw SSN "team news" that said he wasn't playing. Now if that means he's not "starting" then i stand corrected. But i see no point in having a player like Toby on the bench. Can't see a point at which he comes on for 20 mins unless we're either 3-0+ up

Back