• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Not sure if Newport on a pitch more suited to rugby is the best place for him to return. Reckon we'll see him on the bench for Utd and only coming on if we're comfortably up with 15 minutes to go..

Yeh pitch is a bit brick for that. I reckon united at wemberley would be perfect. Who you drop though?

Poch is very mindful these days of the way several coming back from long lay-offs in the past year or two - notably Rose most recently - have broken down again soon after returning.

So whilst Toby may well come on for Sanchez after c70 mins at Newport the way Poch has been gradually nursing back Wanyama and Lamela I'd be surprised if he plays TA from the off against Man U.

with a fully fit squad, i believe our strongest starting 11 has to be

Hugo

Sanch Toby Jan

Aurier Wanyama Dembele Rose

Eriksen Allí

Kane

...with very notable nods to Dier, Son, Davies and Lamela who are tough to leave out, but it makes for a strong bench with plenty of options when you throw Sissoko, Vorm and Llorente into the mixer as well.

with a fully fit squad, i believe our strongest starting 11 has to be

Hugo

Sanch Toby Jan

Aurier Wanyama Dembele Rose

Eriksen Allí

Kane

...with very notable nods to Dier, Son, Davies and Lamela who are tough to leave out, but it makes for a strong bench with plenty of options when you throw Sissoko, Vorm and Llorente into the mixer as well.

It'd surprise everyone if it actually happened, but I think there's a strong case for Son to start ahead of Alli now.

I wonder if we see Son at his best in a front four, though. And an ideal team from the current squad would have three at the back.

We are definitely seeing a much better Son than when we first got him. Maybe even than a year ago. He might be ready for that where he once was not.

Considering he's King-esque in his positional play which makes up for his average pace, I'm wondering if we need to play him on Wednesday night against Utd. Restore some organisation and calm to our team. Means we have selection choices and competition for places between Dier Dembele Wanyama which will hopefully lift their games.

Dier looks like he needs a rest to be honest, he's played a lot more football than the others. Wanyama and Dembele for me against Utd with a back three, Aurier & Davies wing backs with Son Eriksen and Kane up top.

Considering he's King-esque in his positional play which makes up for his average pace, I'm wondering if we need to play him on Wednesday night against Utd. Restore some organisation and calm to our team. Means we have selection choices and competition for places between Dier Dembele Wanyama which will hopefully lift their games.

Dier looks like he needs a rest to be honest, he's played a lot more football than the others. Wanyama and Dembele for me against Utd with a back three, Aurier & Davies wing backs with Son Eriksen and Kane up top.

I just worry about him being a bit rusty and costing us. Its Utd, not someone to be taken lightly.

Back