• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

My mates brother who is agent. Same lad who told me Redknapp was being sacked way before when. Happy to take a barrage on it till its announced which will be within the week.

Nice! Best ITK we've had this window. :)

This just posted on Dembele's Instagram.

urh0qgE.jpg

It will be great if Alderweireld can come back from injury now. But Levy really needs to sort out his contracts issues soon as Alderweireld was not at his best this season even before his injury.

Poch was pretty clear in Friday's press conference that Toby is only just beginning to reintegrate back into first team training. Doing the first warm up and exercise. To me that suggests he's still a couple of weeks from making a return to action. Newport is too soon, so too are Utd.

Poch was pretty clear in Friday's press conference that Toby is only just beginning to reintegrate back into first team training. Doing the first warm up and exercise. To me that suggests he's still a couple of weeks from making a return to action. Newport is too soon, so too are Utd.

This next month it’s going to be very difficult for him to come back. With the quality of opponent we will be playing, we can’t gamble that he will be ready before he is. Plus we need to be settled defensively which we may be less so if he comes back in. I’m looking forward to seeing him back in the team but the timing must be right.

We really need him ready for pool away, so some minutes against Newport and manure might be the idea.

For pool away if we are going to get a result we are gona need that first choice back 3 imo, with Rose and Aurier playing almost as full backs rather than wing backs. Wanyama and Dembele in midfield with Son or Dele coming off the bench later to scare pool.

We can't go to pool like we did last season with our normal attacking game plan and with Davies in the team. Mane tore the guy to shreds.

It was Poch who mentioned Newport as a possibility (or at least in a response to a question about that game) - depending on how Toby gets on once he is back training.
Asked if Alderweireld could be available for the trip to Newport next Saturday, Pochettino replied: “Maybe, maybe. Because we are going to have all the week to train and we’ll see if he can arrive in a good condition to play. We’ll assess him day by day.”

It would be a good opportunity to give him some minutes to see how he fares, get him feeling confident ahead of the tough run of fixtures coming up. But... no rushing him back.

Think we can survive much better without him now that Wanyama is back and he and Dembele can play CM with Dier in CB - having to play two CBs whilst VW and MD were out of contention for the CM spots aswell was a very tough spot to be in - and one we navigated quite well all things considered

We really need him ready for pool away, so some minutes against Newport and manure might be the idea.

For pool away if we are going to get a result we are gona need that first choice back 3 imo, with Rose and Aurier playing almost as full backs rather than wing backs. Wanyama and Dembele in midfield with Son or Dele coming off the bench later to scare pool.

We can't go to pool like we did last season with our normal attacking game plan and with Davies in the team. Mane tore the guy to shreds.
Different day, different game, different tactics (although I know that's what you're suggesting). We tore Southampton a new one not long ago.

Back