• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Are you mad? How are we going to pay for the stadium? You'll be saying that Dele Alli should give up his paper round next.
Now you're trolling, Milo.... or should I call you Rita ! You're rumbled mate.
(disclaimer : this comment has no connection with Lovely Rita whatsoever. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental)

Last edited:
Yep... no one would argue but his agent ain't gonna force levels hand that for sure

His current terms say, if Spurs take up an option to add a year to the length of the contract in 2019, Alderweireld can leave for £25million, something Levy wants to take out of any new deal. If Levy does not play ball we will have to sell him before 2019 or he will end up leaving in 2 years time for the paltry fee of £25m.

His current terms say, if Spurs take up an option to add a year to the length of the contract in 2019, Alderweireld can leave for £25million, something Levy wants to take out of any new deal. If Levy does not play ball we will have to sell him before 2019 or he will end up leaving in 2 years time for the paltry fee of £25m.
I guess that problem is removing this from the new contract, or if not, what do you change that sum to? Even £75m would make someone bite in the current market.

in 2 years time Toby will be 30 years old. 25 mill for a 30 year old defender with 1 year left on his contract is an ok fall back option for the club. Until then the club is saving a decent amount in wages as Toby is on around 50k a week at the moment.

so the ball is in Toby's court. He can stay on the low wage until 2019 and then move for 25 mill or sign a new contract with improved terms now. i dont think the club are worried at all, thats why they dont seem to be in any rush to offer a new deal.

I guess that problem is removing this from the new contract, or if not, what do you change that sum to? Even £75m would make someone bite in the current market.

Barca inserted a release clause of over 200m Euros and look how that went. Unfortunately I think he may decide not to accept a contract under £150K a week, I would not.

in 2 years time Toby will be 30 years old. 25 mill for a 30 year old defender with 1 year left on his contract is an ok fall back option for the club. Until then the club is saving a decent amount in wages as Toby is on around 50k a week at the moment.

so the ball is in Toby's court. He can stay on the low wage until 2019 and then move for 25 mill or sign a new contract with improved terms now. i dont think the club are worried at all, thats why they dont seem to be in any rush to offer a new deal.
You don't think we want a happy player?

You don't think we want a happy player?

but what will make the player happy? 100k a week? 150k a week? 200k a week? Maybe the player is happy sitting on what he is on because another club has told him to wait until 2019, move for 25 mill and earn a 200k a week on a 4 or 5 year contract. Maybe Toby is very content, who knows.

but what will make the player happy? 100k a week? 150k a week? 200k a week? Maybe the player is happy sitting on what he is on because another club has told him to wait until 2019, move for 25 mill and earn a 200k a week on a 4 or 5 year contract. Maybe Toby is very content, who knows.
Maybe, but his advisor is quoted as saying he wants a new contract. That to me says he wants to stay if the wages are improved.
Francis: "When you look at his statistics, they are impressive. Either he deserves an appropriate contract, or else be given a transfer."
He should be level with our top earners at the club IMO.

Toby's problem is the length of the new contract.
If we exercise the extension it will finish when he's 30?
Dont see Levy going much beyond a two year extension making him 32?
Toby might want a hail mary, megabucks PSG, motherfudger of a deal....Neymar innit....well you get the gist.

Last edited:
Back