• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Basle Europa League, we could easily have capitulated in that game, especially as we were tired had extra time etc; I'm sure there were others that apart from Arsenal away didn't automatically lead to 4-goal defeats..

Thanks, so two games we lost then.

TBF, we were doing well until the Verts brainfart...the players were playing for him/themselves before that point. It's the lack of mental fortitude/plan B/'hang on in there' mentality that was the big failing for me....he souncs a little bit like he's trying to shift a bit too much blame tbh..

He could have just kept it at 'just wasn't our day' and leave it at that...who knows how our already weak-minded players will react now...I'm not happy about a drubbing vs Chelski...but a similar capitulation vs Arsenal and I'd probably be ok if Levy announced next Monday that LVG had been hired tbh...at least that way the players will know that someone is watching them and how they play.

I was just thinking if one solution might be to bring in Danny Blind (van Gaal's assistant) as a vanguard now (while keeping his job with Holland to for the WC), to start work for next season now; rather than limping through so demoralisingly to the finish line?

If a LVG type comes in the summer, Id love for Sherwood to be his assistant with the understanding he'd be the next in line for the job. Really do think he's got a lot to offer. But don't think he'll accept that....

I feel for Sherwood after that tbh

We looked more than a match for Chelsea the way he had us set up - individual errors undone all the good preparation - he didn't deserve that result IMV

obviously there is an argument to be made that the buck stops with the manager and he is in the position to effect how the team reacts in these situations - but it isn't a unique event that can only be attributed to a Sherwood Spurs team so im not sure it's fair to look at him as the party to blame.

This is all very true and I agree but at the end of the day we need a manger who can change all these capitulations and the poor mentality. Sherwood just seems to look very sorry for himself and has now all but said the players are not good enough. This is not the way to mange and will in no well motivate the players surely? He is talking like he knows he is a dead man walking at the moment.

If a LVG type comes in the summer, Id love for Sherwood to be his assistant with the understanding he'd be the next in line for the job. Really do think he's got a lot to offer. But don't think he'll accept that....

van Gaal's assistants are Blind and Kliuvert.

I suppose AVB had three with Luis Martins, Daniel Sousa and Freund, but I'd rather Freund stayed than Timmeh.

The best thing for Timmeh to do would be to go and learn the ropes in the championship or bottom of the table, and then come back up if it turns out he can actually cash some of those cheques.

I was talking more about last season...that was the only time I felt that we had the mental fortitude to handle such iffy situations and just 'hang on in there'. AVB brought that to the table last season at least. We've gone and lost that mental fortitude this year and I don't see TS bring it back sadly

I agree to an extent and AVB deserves some praise for us winning so many late games but we still let a 7 point lead slip away. Arsenal played very well I realise but we still threw points away against sides that we should have been beating.

I am starting to feel very sorry for Sherwood, even though I am far from being his biggest fan.

He has been trying to motivate a group of new signings and half decent players..who know the boss is gone at the end of the season. It is a hopelss situation for Sherwood and his coaching staff.

Personally I blame Levy for this monumental F*ck up.

This is all very true and I agree but at the end of the day we need a manger who can change all these capitulations and the poor mentality. Sherwood just seems to look very sorry for himself and has now all but said the players are not good enough. This is not the way to mange and will in no well motivate the players surely? He is talking like he knows he is a dead man walking at the moment.

If we are trying to negotiate for a new manager whilst Tim is trying to manage in the business end of the season then he should just walk imo...its a scummy thing to do to someone who has stepped into the breach when no other candidates were willing to commit after AVB left.

Sherwood is frustated and for good reason...this isnt HIS team and he probably wont get a pre season...he feels like he cant plan...build a side how he wants.

In truth everyone is to blame after that result, but our players have shown under two manager the same mental frailties.

You dont want Sherwood, I respect your opinion, mine is quite different, I will be gutted if we hire someone over him I really will...I think given time we could be amazing under him...thats my opinion.

I'm getting dangerously close to GB territory here but I'm going to allow myself a wry smile when LvG or one of his mates comes in and fails like all the others.

I suppose AVB had three with Luis Martins, Daniel Sousa and Freund, but I'd rather Freund stayed than Timmeh.

The best thing for Timmeh to do would be to go and learn the ropes in the championship or bottom of the table, and then come back up if it turns out he can actually cash some of those cheques.

GB I dont care if his assistant's are zippy and geoffrey!

LVG has had jobs that have gone sour...and he is not going to be around very long anyway given his age.

Over his tenure Tim has done some bad work and some very good work, you are excited about a reputation...I see potential in Sherwood, I think you should confine this sort of posts to your v.2 thread...this is Tims thread and I really dont care if Louis Van Gaal had kippers for breakfast.

Don't care, to be honest. Maybe later I'll put myself in their shoes and analyze it from there, but at the moment I'd like him to keep ripping into them all the way into May and beyond if they keep playing like that. Let them know that they're not as good as they think they are, that they're mentally fragile, that they don't have any bottle, and that they've let everyone down.

Enough of these precious sods being mollycoddled and given the 'sanctity of the dressing room' to hide behind when it comes to escaping criticism. If we're lucky, this type of post-match dissection of their abilities and bottle will drive them together and force them to stand up to Tim and prove him wrong. If we're unlucky, it'll just make them grumble more and send their agents to Levy to demand that he be sacked for hurting their precious feelings, the poor darlings. Either way, come the summer the club will have a good idea of who's reliable and who isn't, and we can begin reshaping the squad on that basis under either Timmeh or LvG/A.N.Other.

This 100%.......This is what is wrong with the club....no leaders and too nicey nicey to each other...

get ****ing stuck in there and fight!..............................................................................................................

Cant knock Sherwood for todays game.

After a few early scares we controlled the game, nullified anything Chelsea threw it us & frustrated them.

After Vertonghens howler it all went down hill in about 2 minutes. Never ever a sending off, Kaboul barely touched him & almost an identical situation in the first half with Eto'o on the sideline in the first half when he went down like he was shot, and nothing was given rightfully so.

Very frustrated, top 4 is too far away now. Shift focus on winning Europa league.

This.

I have been saying for some time that our players aren't good enough. We desperately need characters in that side instead, we have:

Lloris - rush out always and kick the ball to an opponent.
Verts- given up for Spurs
Walker - capable of major brain farts
Dawson - has lost it
Rose- angry reckless young man
Dembele - one trick pony
Pauli - Invisiblinho second gear merchant. Doesn't track back and doesn't bust a gut getting forward
Ade- mr Original either brilliant or appalling . Not one to rely on when the chips are down
Lennon - has forgotten how to contribute offensively

Overall too many inadequate players and hardly a character among them

It's tough for, and on, Sherwood.

I watched that post-match and felt every ounce of his anger, pain and thinly-veiled disgust. The problem is of course, that he has cost himself a few squad members now. Because a few of those players do not have the character or balls to fight for anything other than themselves. He'd have been better served coating Oliver in the post-match and taking a fine whilst giving the team his thoughts in private. But I understand the frustration.

SteveAWOL has raised a point I have long felt re: Dempsey, and the fact it was a mistake to shift him on. I always liked him and always admired his balls. He didn't hide and he always fought. He was also 12 goals last season. Bad move to let him go IMO.

But Levy finally has to stop hiding. It's increasingly clear that as bad as it got with AVB, he was compromised by Levy…and in appointing an inexperienced manager and giving him the remit he did, it's a gamble. He helps create these situations.

Sherwood has endured some atrocious luck with regards to phantom penalties and sending-offs in big matches, and today he gave it HIS best effort with regards to carving out a result. It might not have been everyone's chosen method, but he went for it. And in that regard, he deserved better from the officials and his own charges in the last 20 minutes.

One thing I felt really cost us late, was the lack of smart movement in the last third as the game went on (10 men not withstanding)…we really needed some so as the ball could go forward, and we needed it from midfield. But as hard as Walker tried, he isn't (currently or perhaps every going to be) smart enough to move incisively in those areas...

I'm getting dangerously close to GB territory here but I'm going to allow myself a wry smile when LvG or one of his mates comes in and fails like all the others.

And it definitely won't be his fault when he fails either. GB does have an amazing knack of shifting blame to anyone but the manager he loves.

You do realize it will end in tears for Van Gaal or whoever unless the chairman either changes his ways or accepts he's gone as far as he can with us and hands over the baton/sells up?

I think Sherwood will leave regardless. He won't stick around.

It's tough for, and on, Sherwood.

I watched that post-match and felt every ounce of his anger, pain and thinly-veiled disgust. The problem is of course, that he has cost himself a few squad members now. Because a few of those players do not have the character or balls to fight for anything other than themselves. He'd have been better served coating Oliver in the post-match and taking a fine whilst giving the team his thoughts in private. But I understand the frustration.

SteveAWOL has raised a point I have long felt re: Dempsey, and the fact it was a mistake to shift him on. I always liked him and always admired his balls. He didn't hide and he always fought. He was also 12 goals last season. Bad move to let him go IMO.

But Levy finally has to stop hiding. It's increasingly clear that as bad as it got with AVB, he was compromised by Levy…and in appointing an inexperienced manager and giving him the remit he did, it's a gamble. He helps create these situations.

Sherwood has endured some atrocious luck with regards to phantom penalties and sending-offs in big matches, and today he gave it HIS best effort with regards to carving out a result. It might not have been everyone's chosen method, but he went for it. And in that regard, he deserved better from the officials and his own charges in the last 20 minutes.

One thing I felt really cost us late, was the lack of smart movement in the last third as the game went on (10 men not withstanding)…we really needed some so as the ball could go forward, and we needed it from midfield. But as hard as Walker tried, he isn't (currently or perhaps every going to be) smart enough to move incisively in those areas...

I'm not going to lie, I really really liked Dempsey. I know he wasn't the best player or the most technical. Sometimes he was complete dog****. I don't often like 'workhorse' players either.

But there was something about him I really liked.

I was disproportionately sad about him leaving compared to his ability level and length of stay at this club.

I'm not going to lie, I really really liked Dempsey. I know he wasn't the best player or the most technical. Sometimes he was complete dog****. I don't often like 'workhorse' players either.

I was disproportionately sad about him leaving compared to his ability level and length of stay at this club.

We might have been two of the only ones mate, he got coated often here, but to me, he always worked like a ****ing dog, got stuck in and never ever EVER hid. major plus points. PLUS he scuffed two yarders in! That Bentaleb roller in the first-half? Sort of thing Dempsey would end up scuffing in back-post...

We might have been two of the only ones mate, he got coated often here, but to me, he always worked like a ****ing dog, got stuck in and never ever EVER hid. major plus points. PLUS he scuffed two yarders in! That Bentaleb roller in the first-half? Sort of thing Dempsey would end up scuffing in back-post...

Exactly. He was a 'lucky' player as well. How often would he find himself in those positions?

I've seen very few players who drew fouls as well as him either. First MOTD with him back at Fulham. First thing I see? Dempsey winning a freekick.

Have to admit, I did smile. What a guy.

Dempsey wasn't just a workhorse, he scored goals and had skill too. Why a lot of Spurs fans didn't take to him I have no idea....

Back