• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Dempsey wasn't just a workhorse, he scored goals and had skill too. Why a lot of Spurs fans didn't take to him I have no idea....

I know he wasn't a workhorse. I just meant he wasn't a dribble round 3 players or cruyff turn a defender kind of player.

If a LVG type comes in the summer, Id love for Sherwood to be his assistant with the understanding he'd be the next in line for the job. Really do think he's got a lot to offer. But don't think he'll accept that....

Yes....I would definately want Tim to stay as second coach if this guy comes in.

I am starting to feel very sorry for Sherwood, even though I am far from being his biggest fan.

He has been trying to motivate a group of new signings and half decent players..who know the boss is gone at the end of the season. It is a hopelss situation for Sherwood and his coaching staff.

Personally I blame Levy for this monumental F*ck up.

Don't forget that Timmeh manoeuvred his way into the position - Hoddle was the obvious and willing caretaker and Freund was in theory the more senior coach to have acted up.

And also remember Timmeh's 'alleged' role in undermining AVB - the Richard Keys briefing etc. Whatever you say about his coaching abilities, AVB never lost the players on a personal level.

Rather than feeling sorry for him, I see this as Timmeh's Macbeth fate.

GB I dont care if his assistant's are zippy and geoffrey!

LVG has had jobs that have gone sour...and he is not going to be around very long anyway given his age.

Over his tenure Tim has done some bad work and some very good work, you are excited about a reputation...I see potential in Sherwood, I think you should confine this sort of posts to your v.2 thread...this is Tims thread and I really dont care if Louis Van Gaal had kippers for breakfast.

We're the 6th biggest club in the country and in the top 30 in Europe. We're not somewhere where you let the intern chair the directors' meetings because it will be good experience for them. We're somewhere that should headhunt the absolute best in the world.

You do realize it will end in tears for Van Gaal or whoever unless the chairman either changes his ways or accepts he's gone as far as he can with us and hands over the baton/sells up?

I think Sherwood will leave regardless. He won't stick around.

Not if van Gaal delivers the trophies (like he has everywhere else in his career). That'll hopefully be the lubricant for that relationship.

This.

I have been saying for some time that our players aren't good enough. We desperately need characters in that side instead, we have:

Lloris - rush out always and kick the ball to an opponent.
Verts- given up for Spurs
Walker - capable of major brain farts
Dawson - has lost it
Rose- angry reckless young man
Dembele - one trick pony
Pauli - Invisiblinho second gear merchant. Doesn't track back and doesn't bust a gut getting forward
Ade- mr Original either brilliant or appalling . Not one to rely on when the chips are down
Lennon - has forgotten how to contribute offensively

Overall too many inadequate players and hardly a character among them

LOL......oh dear ...not far wrong there...paulino can play....maybe Lennon is past his best...

You do realize it will end in tears for Van Gaal or whoever unless the chairman either changes his ways or accepts he's gone as far as he can with us and hands over the baton/sells up?

I think Sherwood will leave regardless. He won't stick around.

Spot on mate. I think there's been a bit of a sea change with regards to people's views on Levy. We used to say he's the best chairman in the league, well I didn't but plenty of others did. But hey presto all these years later the stadium still isn't bulit and we've been stuck at the same level for nearly 10 years despite initially improving the club.

I want Tim to be in charge for next season. He'll atleast get players in who care

We're the 6th biggest club in the country and in the top 30 in Europe. We're not somewhere where you let the intern chair the directors' meetings because it will be good experience for them. We're somewhere that should headhunt the absolute best in the world.

what like Ramos? AVB?

you blind faith in LVG coming in waving around a magic dildo is akin to my blind faith that we would get stronger and better year on year with Sherwood!

Anything that is seen as the best in the world wont go to us due to reputation and financial constraints!

Why hasnt anyone fallen over themselves for him???? oh lucky us. unlike you however if he does rock up as our manager, he will have my support. I will not be wishing for defeats to what is it? oh yeah short term pain for long term gain...thats it isnt it?

You know why they all fail in the end? Deep down, we all know why. We afford ourselves the hope that it will change, the great delusion.

But the teams that win nowadays are those who spend the most on wages and transfers. City or Chelsea will win the league, they spend he most. We spend about the 6th most on wages, we'll finish 5th/6th.

I say, f**k it. Let a coach who cares manage the team. Whether that's Sherwood, I don't know. But let that coach bring through young players, both from our youth system and talent that we sign (like Bale, and to a much lesser degree, Lennon etc) and forget this idea of battling for 4th like a hamster on a wheel. Try and regain our tradition of good football and doing well in the cups. Where we finish in the league, who knows?

Maybe they could even run the club with the fans in mind, and lower ticket prices...

Tim Sherwood came out tonight, said what was needed to be said and went up in my estimation for it.

Just wish he would stop playing fcuking Lennon.

You know why they all fail in the end? Deep down, we all know why. We afford ourselves the hope that it will change, the great delusion.

But the teams that win nowadays are those who spend the most on wages and transfers. City or Chelsea will win the league, they spend he most. We spend about the 6th most on wages, we'll finish 5th/6th.

I say, f**k it. Let a coach who cares manage the team. Whether that's Sherwood, I don't know. But let that coach bring through young players, both from our youth system and talent that we sign (like Bale, and to a much lesser degree, Lennon etc) and forget this idea of battling for 4th like a hamster on a wheel. Try and regain our tradition of good football and doing well in the cups. Where we finish in the league, who knows?

Maybe they could even run the club with the fans in mind, and lower ticket prices...

i'm with you halfway, at the **** it stage I say then lets sell to an oligarch/sheikh, if all it takes is money then lets spend some proper ****ing money, there is no point in our current existence

Not if van Gaal delivers the trophies (like he has everywhere else in his career). That'll hopefully be the lubricant for that relationship.

If van Gaal could win us a Title...with the attitude at this club it would be a Miracle...you have to admit GB...This club has a soft underbelly...

just look at Today...if we had won...we would be in a position for top four...

but every time we have a chance to make something of ourselves ..we
lose...time and time again...this happens.

we are as soft as S**t and thats the problem.

I want Tim to be in charge for next season. He'll atleast get players in who care

Who do you think he'd sign if he was given the summer and £30m? Genuine question.

Personally I don't think the players he'd want really exist anymore. Players like Parker and Bellamy were pretty much an end of an era. I'm really struggling - Jack Rodwell? Cattermole? Charlie Adam?

Last edited:

I agree with this. We can't afford 300k a week in wages, therefore we can't recruit the top mercenaries. If City and Chelsea can pay for them we can't compete. Arsenal and Liverpool pay more as well. Utd will rebuild. I don't want a sugar daddy. We should be aiming to win the EL this season. Maybe if got back to winning cups - EL, FA Cup, etc, it will bring it's own success, both financially and in terms of attracting players.

I desperately want our good footballing tradition back. No more AVBs please. I'd give Tim a fair crack at things first.

i'm with you halfway, at the **** it stage I say then lets sell to an oligarch/sheikh, if all it takes is money then lets spend some proper ****ing money, there is no point in our current existence

That is the other alternative, fighting fire with fire. Though FFP might mean it's too late for us to get some oil-rich douche.

But we have to do one or the other -- or we're just gonna limp on, as a worse version of Arsenal. I'd like us to stand for something more than that, and for me, it'd be developing our own players and getting back to the traditions of the club

If van Gaal could win us a Title...with the attitude at this club it would be a Miracle...you have to admit GB...This club has a soft underbelly...

just look at Today...if we had won...we would be in a position for top four...

but every time we have a chance to make something of ourselves ..we
lose...time and time again...this happens.

we are as soft as S**t and thats the problem.

He did a very similar thing with AZ to that which needs to be done to us. Similar constraints etc.

Who do you think he'd sign if he was given the summer and £30? Genuine question.

Personally I don't think the players he'd want really exist anymore. Players like Parker and Bellamy were pretty much an end of an era. I'm really struggling - Jack Rodwell? Cattermole? Charlie Adam?

Christian Eriksen.

Last edited:

Who do you think he'd sign if he was given the summer and £30? Genuine question.

What has given you the indication that these are the kinds of players he wants? Especially considering that unlike AVB for example, he has regularly played apparently the one player at the club who can play in cm and pass the ball well with any consistency?

Christian Eriksen has been our best signing, who pushed for him? Sherwood.

Willian's been better ;)

I think Sherwood has been very shellshocked by how difficult the job is. It's one thing to chip in suggestions from a no-risk position. From what he said in the interview today, and with the teams he's putting out getting lighter and lighter on creative players, he seems to think we need a team full of players like (with rose-tinted spectacles) he was - limited but with 'character'.

=D>

I'm not sure I've ever agreed more with a post.

Back