• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Hmmm, is that really the right way to talk? Also, it was a bit defeatist? "We're miles away from 4th" "It's ridiculous to say we should be challenging etc" Fact is we're 4 points off 4th, 6 points off 2nd and have to play arsenal and liverpool...." OF COURSE WE'RE CHALLENGING FOR FOURTH!!!! Just a bit of a loser mentality.

But nice that he was nearly crying. He cares. But I worry that he's going to drop loads of good players for work horses...

Who else would be happy to see us play a second string or youth side against Arsenal and concentrate on the Benfica games before and after it.
I like the idea of putting out a **** team against them in a we-don't-care-about-you this-isn't-our-cup-final type of way

Hmmm, is that really the right way to talk? Also, it was a bit defeatist? "We're miles away from 4th" "It's ridiculous to say we should be challenging etc" Fact is we're 4 points off 4th, 6 points off 2nd and have to play arsenal and liverpool...." OF COURSE WE'RE CHALLENGING FOR FOURTH!!!! Just a bit of a loser mentality.

But nice that he was nearly crying. He cares. But I worry that he's going to drop loads of good players for work horses...

Good players are useless if they dont care

Yeah, we looked miles from 4th, who do you think we are going to catch ? Emirates Marketing Project have 2 games in hand and l'**** are 6 points ahead with a game in hand, and we have to play them ! If yooonited win their game in hand, they are only 3 points behind us ! Next three games aren't easy, and then we have to go away to liverpoo.

I agree with a post above, yes we looked to set up defensively, could have brought on eriksen or lamela (if available) to try and win the game late on if it was still square - earlier on we missed our chances, mind you so did the chavs. We'll set up differently next time - but we need a win again, soon.

You can't legislate for the capitulation - you can't have that. Lack of characters, too many of them too nice to each other and you need to show a bit more guts and not want to be someone's mate all the time. They need to drag it out of each other. "It hurts me and I won't forget about this when we hit the motorway, but some might. We've got the Europa League on Thursday and we owe the fans a performance. We let them down again on the big occasion. You won't finish in the top four if you don't beat top teams. You're miles away unless you beat the top teams. "There have been too many blips. The club talks about fourth, wake up."

I want this guy in charge next year.

He's a great self-publicist, I'll give him that.

It's all well and good being upset before the game but he didn't stop the team folding before or during it when it mattered.

Anyone else noticed that the worse our performance, the better Timmeh's post match conference?

I don't. Nothing personal against him but if we can bring in a better manager, I wouldn't think twice about bringing him in. It is great that he is upset but it doesn't necessarily mean he can change it, I can remember Redknapp being similarly upset about such results. We'd still do it.

I'm not really sure how to break this cycle tbh, we do this **** with so many different managers.

He sounded to me like a guy that knows he wont be there long, someone that has been told that a new manager is coming in.. And watching some of the performances I think the players know it as well..

It's all well and good being upset before the game but he didn't stop the team folding before or during it when it mattered.

Anyone else noticed that the worse our performance, the better Timmeh's post match conference?

Mourinho is the publicist...that was from the heart!

[video=youtube;8CGygbrAHK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CGygbrAHK4[/video]

He sounded to me like a guy that knows he wont be there long, someone that has been told that a new manager is coming in.. And watching some of the performances I think the players know it as well..

TBF, we were doing well until the Verts brainfart...the players were playing for him/themselves before that point. It's the lack of mental fortitude/plan B/'hang on in there' mentality that was the big failing for me....he souncs a little bit like he's trying to shift a bit too much blame tbh..

He could have just kept it at 'just wasn't our day' and leave it at that...who knows how our already weak-minded players will react now...I'm not happy about a drubbing vs Chelski...but a similar capitulation vs Arsenal and I'd probably be ok if Levy announced next Monday that LVG had been hired tbh...at least that way the players will know that someone is watching them and how they play.

You can't legislate for the capitulation - you can't have that. Lack of characters, too many of them too nice to each other and you need to show a bit more guts and not want to be someone's mate all the time. They need to drag it out of each other. "It hurts me and I won't forget about this when we hit the motorway, but some might. We've got the Europa League on Thursday and we owe the fans a performance. We let them down again on the big occasion. You won't finish in the top four if you don't beat top teams. You're miles away unless you beat the top teams. "There have been too many blips. The club talks about fourth, wake up."

Agreed. ****ing quality. He can see what the club, who have their head in the clouds, clearly can't.

I think it just shows that it wasn't AVBs fault, or Tim's fault. There aren't enough characters in the squad.

But I don't necessarily blame the players. Many of them are new, the team spirit has been shot this year because of all the new arrivals and I'm not surprised it's taken some time for some of them to be comfortable. They likely will be next year, but I put massive blame on the club for the ridiculous expectations they wanted to set even though Bale was leaving. ****ing idiotic.

It's all well and good making a good speech; the proof ultimately of a good coach is the tactics, preparation, grittiness, fortitude etc that he can instill in the team, and which lead to good results and allow the team to go toe-to-toe against the big boys and not continually capitulate when the team hits a wrong turn within a match.

FFS the performance wasn't that bad bar 3 unbelievably poor errors. Chelsea created 1 meaningful chance until they scored. You may not like him or think he's qualified but he's won a league title as a player so he knows about winning more than the pussies in our club do.

And to top it off AVB decided to mug off VDV the only winner in our squad and replace him with Sig and Dempsey. We needed MORE like VDV and Gallas not get rid of them.

Last edited:

TBF, we were doing well until the Verts brainfart...the players were playing for him/themselves before that point. It's the lack of mental fortitude/plan B/'hang on in there' mentality that was the big failing for me....he souncs a little bit like he's trying to shift a bit too much blame tbh..

He could have just kept it at 'just wasn't our day' and leave it at that...who knows how our already weak-minded players will react now...I'm not happy about a drubbing vs Chelski...but a similar capitulation vs Arsenal and I'd probably be ok if Levy announced next Monday that LVG had been hired tbh...at least that way the players will know that someone is watching them and how they play.

Don't care, to be honest. Maybe later I'll put myself in their shoes and analyze it from there, but at the moment I'd like him to keep ripping into them all the way into May and beyond if they keep playing like that. Let them know that they're not as good as they think they are, that they're mentally fragile, that they don't have any bottle, and that they've let everyone down.

Enough of these precious sods being mollycoddled and given the 'sanctity of the dressing room' to hide behind when it comes to escaping criticism. If we're lucky, this type of post-match dissection of their abilities and bottle will drive them together and force them to stand up to Tim and prove him wrong. If we're unlucky, it'll just make them grumble more and send their agents to Levy to demand that he be sacked for hurting their precious feelings, the poor darlings. Either way, come the summer the club will have a good idea of who's reliable and who isn't, and we can begin reshaping the squad on that basis under either Timmeh or LvG/A.N.Other.

Back