• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

I don't think that you can say that without knowing the details.
The throwing of an object at the Chelsea GK was reprehensible enough. Can totally see some hyped up idiots having a go at Rudiger for getting Son sent off. Being imbeciles they pick on something they know hurts. It's pathetic but sadly I don't think it can ever be totally stamped out. Almost as concerning for me is why some posters on this board might think our fans are above such behaviour. The profile is no different to other London clubs. There will be idiots among our fan base like there are in all fan bases.

I'm in row 4 of the South stand, to the right of the goal, so was very near to where the alleged incident took place. Rudiger was booed as he slowly went to take a throw-in after Son's sending-off. He motioned to the ref by mimicking a monkey to allude to chants. I only heard booing, didn't see any evidence of monkey chants or mimicking behaviour. I did think in that moment that the booing could be misconstrued. The crowd were also booing him for gesturing towards us beforehand.

A couple of the Chelsea players were in conversation with Kane around this point too, and had words with the ref. I didn't see or hear anything myself, however if there was any kind of racist behaviour or chanting I hope the scum are banned for life and charged.

On another note, the dingdonghead element of our support throwing stuff onto the pitch was disgusting. fudging neanderthal clams. The other fans supporting that behaviour should be ashamed of themselves too. That being said, I've never heard racism in the stands in my time watching Spurs.

I love how so many Spurs fans refuse to accept the possibility that some of our fans are ignorant racist pricks, even if it is a tiny minority. Those that think that are real dumb, because I have heard ignorant Spurs fans saying racist things about our own players and fans.

And it is not like a Spurs fan would ever be dumb enough to throw a banana at black player, like say Aubameyang, nah that would never happen now would it.

I love how so many Spurs fans refuse to accept the possibility that some of our fans are ignorant racist pricks, even if it is a tiny minority. Those that think that are real dumb, because I have heard ignorant Spurs fans saying racist things about our own players and fans.

And it is not like a Spurs fan would ever be dumb enough to throw a banana at black player, like say Aubameyang, nah that would never happen now would it.

We have a 'healthy' EDL following in our ranks too. Although I haven't heard or seen anything at games, they have been prevalent on social media and at marches.

We have a 'healthy' EDL following in our ranks too. Although I haven't heard or seen anything at games, they have been prevalent on social media and at marches.

People do not go to matches with the necessary intention to be racist, but maybe when they see an important game going away from them, sometimes people just lose their brick, and boom there you have it.

A white guy might get in an argument with me and call me a "fudging bastard", no big deal....

But if instead that same guy in his anger calls me a "fudging black bastard", well that tells me a lot about the kind of man he is. When people are annoyed or frustrated their true self comes out

People do not go to matches with the necessary intention to be racist, but maybe when they see an important game going away from them, sometimes people just lose their brick, and boom there you have it.

A white guy might get in an argument with me and call me a "fudging bastard", no big deal....

But if instead that same guy in his anger calls me a "fudging black bastard", well that tells me a lot about the kind of man he is. When people are annoyed or frustrated their true self comes out
Serious question (that only a black man could answer)
Guy behind me and to the side said at the game it’s unusual to see a team with a whole defence that were black lads. Is that a racist comment ? He didn’t say it any negative connotation but the fact he lighted it ma6 be deemed to be negative ... I don’t know ‍♂️

Serious question (that only a black man could answer)
Guy behind me and to the side said at the game it’s unusual to see a team with a whole defence that were black lads. Is that a racist comment ? He didn’t say it any negative connotation but the fact he lighted it ma6 be deemed to be negative ... I don’t know ‍♂️

That in itself is not racist to me

Because of where I sit in the South stand I have no idea whether there were any racist chanting or noises during the match, however I have racist comments at the Lane by Spurs fans

You take any 60,000 cross section of society and you will inevitably find a fair few racists. Hate to say it, but you take a 60,000 cross section of the football going public and the percentage will be higher. Spurs aren't going to be any different (just listen to the way some people talk to the staff on the tube or the kids serving at the bars at WHL).

That said I was confused by the announcements and everyone around me was. I didn't see or hear anything other than booing and some pretty extreme abuse but nothing racist.

But if someone was making monkey noises and/or gestures they need finding and banning from the stadium, if only because they clearly haven't got the intelligence to be safely be let out on their own.
:rolleyes:

It's a brush I don't want myself or my club to be tarred with. :mad:

Didn't see or hear anything racist but was a good bit away. The throwing stuff on the pitch was pretty stomach turning in itself to be honest.

I've no doubt we have racists in our fan base but most of what I'm hearing today suggests that there weren't any monkey noises. At the moment, everybody is hyper sensitive around this issue (for good reason) so any suggestion it's happened will meet with an extreme reaction.

That said, if it's proven someone did do what's being alleged, I'd have no issue with the club being punished to lay down a marker. Petty fines don't work, it's got to be meaningful. And any scumbag doing it should be fudged out of our stadium for good and compelled to do one of those courses in the hope they might become a bit more enlightened and not spread this brick onto the next generation.

I doubt very much that more than 1 or 2 idiots were responsible, and I don't believe that any Spurs fans would start monkey chants before being silenced by those around them. We don't do racism at spurs, and if any fools did do monkey chants they will be kicked out, pure and simple.

There's been widespread and accepted group racism at Spurs forever.
Recently we've had:
the Adebayor Elephant song.
The Lee Young Pyo labador chant.
"Big dingdong" Vic
Random Koreans being lifted up as trophies as if they are mini Sons.

That's without going into actions of individuals.

We like using the "reclamation" of the Y word as a shield to hide behind. When in reality all we have done is separated that word to mean Spurs fan.

I know the club officials read social media and sometimes check this board.

So i thought we could post our thoughts on it in one thread so it was easy and concise for the club to get a view of our thoughts.

If the alleged behaviour today is found to be true and spurs fans were doing monkey chants, i for one would like the club to take a stand and offer to play the next match in an empty stadium meaning we lose a lot of money. Even if that money comes from our much needed transfer budget.

It would be good for us to be proactive in this regard to show what we as Tottenham think of racist behaviour.
Ridiculous idea. Punishing a whole club for 1 or 2 idiots is absurd. They should be banned and face legal action. But what's to stop a couple of West Ham fans coming into our ground, sitting with the home fans and venting some racist actions resulting in us playing behind closed doors and losing millions of pounds.

I do. I'm pretty sure that this problem pre-dates him coming to power.

I think that the language used over the last few of years has emboldened racists to feel more comfortable airing their views. The spike in hate crimes after the referendum is pretty clear to see. Unfortunately, too few politicians are taking their responsibilities seriously and are instead chasing cheap support through creating division.

None of that excuses what happened yesterday afternoon. The person/people who did it need to take personal responsibility and I hope that they are banned from football for life.

We need concrete evidence. Jumping to any conclusion is wrong. You would hope that the Ref would verify with say a linesman, but we don't know that. Until we do, we should not cast aspersions.

The ref was concerned enough that he spoke to both coaches, the officials and got the club make multiple announcements over the PA.

The ref was concerned enough that he spoke to both coaches, the officials and got the club make multiple announcements over the PA.

My only issue with that is that nobody has yet come up with any film of this (unless you know different, I ain't on Twiiter etc.). I'm not calling it into question but normally the media are all over this and as Rudiger said, there's enough cameras about to be able to identify the idiots fairly easily.

The thing that p!sses me off this morning is, whoever these these kn0bs are, they've allowed Chelsea to take the moral high ground, Chelsea FFS!?! :rolleyes:

My only issue with that is that nobody has yet come up with any film of this (unless you know different, I ain't on Twiiter etc.). I'm not calling it into question but normally the media are all over this and as Rudiger said, there's enough cameras about to be able to identify the idiots fairly easily.

The thing that p!sses me off this morning is, whoever these these kn0bs are, they've allowed Chelsea to take the moral high ground, Chelsea FFS!?! :rolleyes:

If it isn't caught on the TV cameras, you are not going to get that until the investigation is complete. Every inch of that ground will be covered by CCTV. So I think that we can be confident that any incident will have been caught on camera.

Back