• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I know the club officials read social media and sometimes check this board.

So i thought we could post our thoughts on it in one thread so it was easy and concise for the club to get a view of our thoughts.

If the alleged behaviour today is found to be true and spurs fans were doing monkey chants, i for one would like the club to take a stand and offer to play the next match in an empty stadium meaning we lose a lot of money. Even if that money comes from our much needed transfer budget.

It would be good for us to be proactive in this regard to show what we as Tottenham think of racist behaviour.

I doubt very much that more than 1 or 2 idiots were responsible, and I don't believe that any Spurs fans would start monkey chants before being silenced by those around them. We don't do racism at spurs, and if any fools did do monkey chants they will be kicked out, pure and simple.

Honestly
Anyone seen or heard should have a lifetime ban and be taken to the police
I also think today got blown completely out of proportion off the back of the announcements and little knowledge of what they were referring to

It was an awful afternoon, the racism allegations the cherry on top. Just hoping it is a chelsea player mishearing booing. But with 60,000 fans there will be idiots. If proven throw the book at them, never allow them within the hallowed ground again.

don't think that you can say that without knowing the details.
I think he means that those of us at the ground had no idea what was going on, or why the ref went to the side of the pitch, or what the announcements were for. The player was bound to be booed by fans near him in the East stand or that corner of the south....he may possibly have misunderstood what was being said.

I don't think that you can say that without knowing the details.
That’s the issue
No one knows any details other than an accusation made
Yet it’s been made national news... I’ve seen players make many accusations about things which have been ignored until proven
The timing of the accusation too was odd as it was immediately after the sending off when it was quiet in the ground so it would have audible to others

That’s the issue
No one knows any details other than an accusation made
Yet it’s been made national news... I’ve seen players make many accusations about things which have been ignored until proven
The timing of the accusation too was odd as it was immediately after the sending off when it was quiet in the ground so it would have audible to others

I think that saying it has been blown out if proportion is suggesting that the allegations aren't serious. Racism can never be successfully tackled if this is your starting position.

I've been shocked tonight reading BAME Spurs fans talking about being racially abused in WHL on Twitter. We are quick to point the finger at other clubs but we need to get our house in order and stop making excuses.

I think that saying it has been blown out if proportion is suggesting that the allegations aren't serious. Racism can never be successfully tackled if this is your starting position.

I've been shocked tonight reading BAME Spurs fans talking about being racially abused in WHL on Twitter. We are quick to point the finger at other clubs but we need to get our house in order and stop making excuses.
if it’s true then it needs stamping down own
Hell were a team of every race, colour and creed so anyone claiming to be a fan and making racist comments is a macaron and a hypocrite

But... I’m just slightly skeptical because of that too

We need concrete evidence. Jumping to any conclusion is wrong. You would hope that the Ref would verify with say a linesman, but we don't know that. Until we do, we should not cast aspersions.

If anybody heard racism would you tell a steward or whoever?

I don’t go too often but yes I would.
Most people would or alternatively as I saw when leaving basically fight each other
Couldn’t work out what was going on but one guy said the other had been racist so tried fighting him on the stairs coming out of the south stand

Most people would or alternatively as I saw when leaving basically fight each other
Couldn’t work out what was going on but one guy said the other had been racist so tried fighting him on the stairs coming out of the south stand

With the amount of phones around I’d have hoped filming the perpetrators would be more helpful.
Fighting is counterproductive, no?
Evidence is the order of the day!

We need concrete evidence. Jumping to any conclusion is wrong. You would hope that the Ref would verify with say a linesman, but we don't know that. Until we do, we should not cast aspersions.
Quite.

So far only one person claims to have heard this and I wouldn't put it past any Chelsea player to do anything to gain even the tiniest advantage.

None of the other players nearby claimed to hear it, none of the other fans in the area did anything about it (and I firmly believe at least one person would have given anyone doing that a slap), and nothing was shown on camera like it has been every other time this has happened recently.

If it happened, it's terrible but I find it very hard to believe anything did.

In this day and age there is excuse and there should be no tolerance not just for racists but bigots of this sort in general.
I am sure the club are doing all they can to get to the bottom of this and if its proven to have happened that justice with be swift and merciless (although not strong enough IMHO), which I'm sure us the supporters, the players and staff will be in complete agreement with.

Quite.

So far only one person claims to have heard this and I wouldn't put it past any Chelsea player to do anything to gain even the tiniest advantage.

None of the other players nearby claimed to hear it, none of the other fans in the area did anything about it (and I firmly believe at least one person would have given anyone doing that a slap), and nothing was shown on camera like it has been every other time this has happened recently.

I really hope you're right, and if so we have nothing to worry about from the scrutiny. So I'm quite happy to sit back and let it play out.
At this stage if we defend it too rigorously it looks like denial or complacency.
Exonerated brilliant, if not deal with quickly and ruthlessly.

Disgraceful behavior, if proven to be true.

Sky's instant condemnation of our fans and using the alleged incident as a moral high horse was also disgraceful. Gary Neville is a total clam.

Quite.

I wasn't at the game, but this was my gut feeling on this incident too.

I must admit, I've been puzzled by the apparent resurgence of such behaviour in the game more generally. I've been to literally hundreds of Spurs games home and away (the majority in the 00's), and can only ever recall witnessing one single incident of racial language/abuse (by one of our fans at Old Trafford for the record, and I remember discussing with a friend how odd/out of place it seemed). I genuinely don't understand why it seems to have re-spiked in the way it has.

And clearly it has, as many of the incidents have been caught on film or been witnessed by many. The apparent lack of either today left me feeling slightly uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Back