• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see how Dier and Alli got on for the U21's?? I know CCV got a 30 minute run out too, but haven't read anything about the match.

Did anyone see how Dier and Alli got on for the U21's?? I know CCV got a 30 minute run out too, but haven't read anything about the match.

Dier was poor, I think he struggled moving back to CB having been playing and training as a DM for the past few months. Alli did some nice things but couldn't get on the ball enough, Southgate used Loftus-Cheek and Ward-Prowse behind him but I think Alli is better suited to playing one of those roles. CCV was very assured when he came on and you wouldn't have thought he was a 17 year old playing with players aged 19-21. It wasn't a great game in all honesty though, England dominated possession but created very few chances, kind of like Spurs most weeks.

Remember the multi multi multi multi multi multi multi millions saved on Wanyama and Berahino in fees and wages... surely we could use a tiny fraction of that to keep Velkjovic? Any player that has done so well as a youth international should be kept at Spurs, can definitely do a job for us to some extent as a sub or in cups or as backup, just sign him up!

MARK WARBURTON makes one change to his side as Nathan Oduwa takes Kenny Miller's spot in the starting lineup to face Raith Rovers.

Hopefully he'll start getting some solid performances under his belt. To date some great cameos.

In a way, I think the failure to sign another CM could open up a spot for him (Veljkovic) although we needed expereience in there more than anything else. The problem is though that of Dier gets injured, I'd imagine we would see Bentaleb used before anyone else.

MARK WARBURTON makes one change to his side as Nathan Oduwa takes Kenny Miller's spot in the starting lineup to face Raith Rovers.

Hopefully he'll start getting some solid performances under his belt. To date some great cameos.

Just made a very nice assist for the 2nd.

From a Rangers forum: "Totally disrespectful assist from oduwa there.
biggrin.png
" Haha

Half time at Rangers and it's 2-0 with Oduwa grabbing the assist for the second. He was 20 yards out on the right and chipped a little ball down the channel for the right back to run onto and finish. Could've had a goal himself a couple of minutes before after a good turn centrally, but the shot with his left foot was a bit tame.

He's been playing on the right today and has made some good contributions. He's got a man or two glued to him which works well for the side. Tavernier the RB is bombing forward at all times and it did look like Oduwa was struggling to find space of his own, but he's found a way.

Is it true what they are talking about regarding his contract? he only has a year left?

Does anyone know much about Shayne Harrison?

A young centre forward in our youth set up, any chance he could come in if needed? is he decent prospect?

England U18's beat their Dutch counterparts 2-0. Edwards won the penalty that brought us the lead, whilst Sterling grabbed the second.

Does anyone know much about Shayne Harrison?

A young centre forward in our youth set up, any chance he could come in if needed? is he decent prospect?

I touched on him the last page:

Harrison gets a decent amount of goals, twice he's scored four in a single game against Chel53a at u18 level and he has decent talent overall. Physically he's some way off though and struggles up top by himself, he's been playing deeper recently so he may not even end up being a striker - he will have to keep playing there though as we don't really have any other options at u21 level.

First team would be too much for him at this stage, he needs work physically(needs to bulk up - especially upper body) as even at u21 level he struggles to impose himself.

I touched on him the last page:

First team would be too much for him at this stage, he needs work physically(needs to bulk up - especially upper body) as even at u21 level he struggles to impose himself.

Thanks for that Yoof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back