• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this was the big decision Azzaoui was on about having to make a few weeks ago

shame, seemed quite highly rated

So this was the big decision Azzaoui was on about having to make a few weeks ago

shame, seemed quite highly rated

Yes apparently so.

Also some thoughts around he was offered lots more cash in Germany and we aren't going to match that as it would cause issue with our own wage structure at that level.

Disappointing re: Azzaoui. Maybe he was getting told off for not working hard enough???

Edwards is THE big hope... COYS

I don't think so, it's likely that Wolfsburg have just offered him more than we could - both in terms of contract length/amount and a quicker route into first team football.

Spurs loanee Nathan Oduwa shows off some more terrific skills in 5-1 Rangers win (Vine)

On loan from Tottenham, young Nathan Oduwa has got into trouble since joining Rangers after producing some fancy skills north of the border.

The talented 19-year-old midfielder came off the bench during today’s 5-1 win over Queen of the South and showed off some lovely footwork once again.

Nathan Oduwa managed to nutmeg his opponent without even touching the ball, earning a free-kick for a rash challenge on him.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/spurs-loanee-nathan-oduwa-shows-off-some-more-terrific-skills-in-501-rangers-win-vine/?

:D

Yes apparently so.

Also some thoughts around he was offered lots more cash in Germany and we aren't going to match that as it would cause issue with our own wage structure at that level.

Would not be impressed if he became to us what Pogba has become to Man Utd

I personally don't rate Azzaoui at the same level as Onomah, Edwards, CCV or KWP but I still wouldn't want us to lose him. It's a difficult position for the club as if we break our structure for one young player then it gives others scope to try the same in the future. We can't really feel too hard done by if he does decide to leave though as it's no different to how we took him from Anderlecht in the first place.

Oh and I forgot to mention, CCV has been called up to the USA u23 side to play England u21 on Sept 3rd. So hopefully we get to see him vs Dier and Alli, he will be the youngest player on the field if he does play.

Spurs loanee Nathan Oduwa shows off some more terrific skills in 5-1 Rangers win (Vine)

On loan from Tottenham, young Nathan Oduwa has got into trouble since joining Rangers after producing some fancy skills north of the border.

The talented 19-year-old midfielder came off the bench during today’s 5-1 win over Queen of the South and showed off some lovely footwork once again.

Nathan Oduwa managed to nutmeg his opponent without even touching the ball, earning a free-kick for a rash challenge on him.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/spurs-loanee-nathan-oduwa-shows-off-some-more-terrific-skills-in-501-rangers-win-vine/?

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...ueen-of-the-south-nathan-oduwa-clowning-fools

https://twitter.com/nathanoduwa?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Not sure if it says more about the quality of defending the league but it's nice to see such confidence from a youth player.

Reading his Twitter - he seems to be really enjoying himself.

That Vine is great. He has so bamboozled the defender that he simply left the ball alone and ran round to pick it up. Meanwhile the defender was not looking at the ball, but trying to dance with Oduwa.

Eyes on the ball, not the man.
That defender is going to get hell in training

The defender was going for the player first and the ball second, I doubt it was a case of poor defending.

my GHod that is ridiculously good

The current Spurs side is crying out for that kind of showboating, skill that is worth the entrance fee alone. Hopefully Poch integrates him into the squad next summer/season

This was posted on the SpursCommunity forum regarding Azzaoui:

legaleagle said:
Call it ITK if you like but I know his agent and he was only signed on a two year contract, so had a year to run and has been promised a start this year with the first team. We have Onomah, Oduwa, Edwards and Pritchard all ahead of him and better regarded.

We took a little over £2m with 25% sell on and £6m buy-back

egaleagle said:
Call it ITK if you like but I know his agent and he was only signed on a two year contract, so had a year to run and has been promised a start this year with the first team. We have Onomah, Oduwa, Edwards and Pritchard all ahead of him and better regarded.

We took a little over £2m with 25% sell on and £6m buy-back

So if Emirates Marketing Project sign him for 60 mill in 3 years time we potentially pick up 15 mill......i guess thats something

If that's true, I'm a bit more mollified by this transfer. The buy-back clause is a decent one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back