• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
egaleagle said:
Call it ITK if you like but I know his agent and he was only signed on a two year contract, so had a year to run and has been promised a start this year with the first team. We have Onomah, Oduwa, Edwards and Pritchard all ahead of him and better regarded.

We took a little over £2m with 25% sell on and £6m buy-back

So if Emirates Marketing Project sign him for 60 mill in 3 years time we potentially pick up 15 mill......i guess thats something

IF the above is true then that is good work by Levy once again.

Levy is obviously very good now at the contracts side of things. He gets players in one instalments, but tends to sell at a 100% payment. But he has realized young guys leaving can come back to hurty you so is getting clauses in all over the place. It certainly protects us against examples like Pogba.

From my understanding the oldest ones of those arent rated as stars-in-the-making

I can't see Coulthirst making it. Harrison gets a decent amount of goals, twice he's scored four in a single game against Chelsea at u18 level and he has decent talent overall. Physically he's some way off though and struggles up top by himself, he's been playing deeper recently so he may not even end up being a striker - he will have to keep playing there though as we don't really have any other options at u21 level. Loft is a big physical target-man type striker, he's ok, he kind of reminds me of Connor Wickham. Sterling's probably our best hope in terms of strikers but that possibility is a few years away yet, he also plays wide left a lot so again may not even end up playing central in the future, he's quick, shows good intelligence/anticipation and can finish but still needs to improve in that area.

I think we have a few young players who can contribute to the first team if given a chance but none in terms of strikers, which is unfortunate as it's the one area of the field where the 1st team are desperately short.

I can't see Coulthirst making it. Harrison gets a decent amount of goals, twice he's scored four in a single game against Chel53a at u18 level and he has decent talent overall. Physically he's some way off though and struggles up top by himself, he's been playing deeper recently so he may not even end up being a striker - he will have to keep playing there though as we don't really have any other options at u21 level. Loft is a big physical target-man type striker, he's ok, he kind of reminds me of Connor Wickham. Sterling's probably our best hope in terms of strikers but that possibility is a few years away yet, he also plays wide left a lot so again may not even end up playing central in the future, he's quick, shows good intelligence/anticipation and can finish but still needs to improve in that area.

I think we have a few young players who can contribute to the first team if given a chance but none in terms of strikers, which is unfortunate as it's the one area of the field where the 1st team are desperately short.
Good stuff.

Does anyone know what is happening with Veljkovic. He hasn't been given a squad number or been named in the FA or EL squads, and both his proposed loans (Leeds and Portugal) never happened?

I think I read one suggestion that we wouldn't loan him until we finalise a new contract? I guess the lower league and Portuguese loan windows are still open too

Does anyone know what is happening with Veljkovic. He hasn't been given a squad number or been named in the FA or EL squads, and both his proposed loans (Leeds and Portugal) never happened?

I think I read one suggestion that we wouldn't loan him until we finalise a new contract?
I guess the lower league and Portuguese loan windows are still open too

Pretty much, from Veljkovic's POV he may as well let it run down to his final year(he has two years left) as he knows the club would then cash in on him. If Poch gave him signs of encouragement re a first team place then he'd sign but so far he's been ignored.

At some point he really does need to have a decent spell on loan somewhere. Last year was a bit of a set back for him with the way his loans panned out and the injury, and I know the success of a loan doesn't really have any bearing on whether a player will eventually make at the top level but seriously, this kid has been hyped up for so long and it feels like he is yet to put in a string of performances anywhere. We've had players like Caulker who (I think?) had whole seasons in League 2, League 1, Championship then a PL loan where he performed regularly before he even came into the first team picture.

Milos is young though - he's only 19. So a year behind the likes of Coulthirst, Ball, Ward, McEvoy etc., although he's been playing up an age group; though he is the same age as Onomah and Winks who have been pushed into the senior squad.

Can someone sum up Coulthirst strengths and weaknesses please?
Also, if possible, could you explain whether he is likely to make it under Poch or not giving reasons (and comparing to Kane).

Thanks!:)

Milos is young though - he's only 19. So a year behind the likes of Coulthirst, Ball, Ward, McEvoy etc., although he's been playing up an age group; though he is the same age as Onomah and Winks who have been pushed into the senior squad.

He's 20 this month, 18 months older than Onomah. CCV trained/played with the 1st team over the summer and he's 2.5 years younger than Veljkovic so he'll rightly be thinking what's going on. He's been playing up age groups for years - played for our first team in a friendly at the age of 15, was playing u19s at 16, u21s since he was 17, he won the u19 European Championships at 17, was part of the Serbia u21 side that knocked a very talented Spanish side out of European qualifying at 19, won the u20 World Cup this summer, he's done everything in youth football, there's nothing left for him there. We've seen with Azzaoui already that you risk losing these players to teams who will integrate them into first team football quicker.

I don't think Veljkovic is a superstar in the making like Onomah potentially is but he's a very good player. If Dier, who now seems be our our dedicated DM gets injured then there's no one else who can fulfil the same role so why not give Vejlkovic a try there. He's a different player to Dier, he's not as aggressive, he wouldn't have made the tackle that Dier made on Cleverley but instead he'd have calmly jockied him away from goal, he's also better on the ball than Dier imo with a wider passing range.

Can someone sum up Coulthirst strengths and weaknesses please?
Also, if possible, could you explain whether he is likely to make it under Poch or not giving reasons (and comparing to Kane).

Thanks!:)

+
work rate
finishing(though can be inconsistent)

-
awareness
general intelligence
size - this isn't a problem in isolation but he doesn't have fantastic strength or pace to make up for it so can struggle up top on his own

Kane was always a stand out talent from a very young age, the only thing holding im back was a lack of mobility but he's worked incredibly hard on that over the past few years whereby it's not an issue now. Coulthirst has always been more in the Defoe mould, though inferior. Mason has proved that you should never say never as it looked like his career was just drifting away but I just can't see Coulthirst making it with Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back