• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

We have enough "potential" and "nearly good enough". Our next few buys need to be ready made first team bangers.

I don't really think you can ever have enough potential.

Sure I'd like to see some up and ready first team signings come in January but don't think we should be turning down the chance to secure some talent, ones above mentioned with 6 months on their contract, sort a nominal fee and loan back for the rest of the season so the young players can finish what they started and then have a full pre season with us with experience under their belt.

Sure I'd like to see some up and ready first team signings come in January but don't think we should be turning down the chance to secure some talent, ones above mentioned with 6 months on their contract, sort a nominal fee and loan back for the rest of the season so the young players can finish what they started and then have a full pre season with us with experience under their belt.
I see what you mean, but if a player can't get proper chances to oust a first teamer... he will stagnate and we've got another Walker Peters in the ranks.
They need to be pretty much ready, seriously pushing on the door. Not just a talented prospect.

Bowen - Heavily involved in a fairly average Hull side. His numbers are good and he does seem a lot more of a goal threat. Cheap, but inexperienced at this level, he could find himself going nowhere if he doesn't impress early on.

Soumare - On face value, a great decision. However as a lot of people have commented, do we need another CM when a more defensively minded player is required in there? I guess we are assuming that this system we have right now is what Mourinho wants to build around with quality in all positions. Soumare could be that, but we have N'Dombele, Winks, Skipp and possibly even GLC who can play in there. £50 million on a position we don't necessarily need to fill is questionable.

Bowen - Heavily involved in a fairly average Hull side. His numbers are good and he does seem a lot more of a goal threat. Cheap, but inexperienced at this level, he could find himself going nowhere if he doesn't impress early on.

Soumare - On face value, a great decision. However as a lot of people have commented, do we need another CM when a more defensively minded player is required in there? I guess we are assuming that this system we have right now is what Mourinho wants to build around with quality in all positions. Soumare could be that, but we have N'Dombele, Winks, Skipp and possibly even GLC who can play in there. £50 million on a position we don't necessarily need to fill is questionable.
Unless it’s a bonafide superstar in the making

In addition, the slightly distasteful view is this:

He comes in, doesnt break through, we sell him on at profit and reinvest the funds elsewhere.

We have done a lot of business over the years speculating on players who dont work out, and rarely actually lose on the deal.

Levy has a remarkable knack for profiting on players.

Even our supposed flops went on to serve the greater cause.

I saw the other day people bemoaning the "magnificent 7" bought off the back of Bale. But to my eye they either served us well, or we profited on them and reinvested that in other players (who did better!).

Chadli for example, bought for £7m, had a season where he contributed, sold for £13m - basically paying for Wanyama

Spurs will provide boss Jose Mourinho with transfer funds but the Portuguese is not expected to spend big in January, with West Brom defender Nathan Ferguson and Norwich right-back Max Aarons, both 19, among the targets. (Mail)

Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham are among a host of clubs monitoring Lille's 20-year-old Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen. (Sky Sports)

Given all the links to Lille players Im wondering if we should look for a "job lot" price, or some sort of BOGOF deal

We definitely need to clear the decks, have done for a while.

Got some movement in the summer but theres still more to go.

Im still of the mind a decent RB will be the key business coming in, everything else will be prepping for the summer or opportunist if something comes up unexpectedly.

Bowen and Eze are two utterly serious talents who will go on to do very good things, I have no doubts on that.

Hearing a few people at the weekend involved in Hull who were shocked Bowen was still at the club.

Max Aarons would be a good signing, but pretty sure he would cost a lot.

Personally wouldn't be against signing an older Right Back...maybe someone who has won something at least once.

You are all desperate for some ITK on this guy - admit it, you are...

So here it is - from jamesnutt on a QPR-forum :

Probably already mentioned but my sources telling me done deal to Tottenham, 15m +add ons + Amos perm and jack Clarke on loan til end of season. Don’t shoot the messenger. JN

The geezer has Tim Sherwood in his avatar, so it could be gonad*s though.;)

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2529710-eze

Back