• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Interesting .. a lot of under 21 type links which I'm sure the club would do, but can't see January or even summer being primarily about that (we always do those alongside)

Wolves will get picked apart over next window or two, Nuno best get out before that happens

I think Bowen is a good player but with us already having Sessegnon and Clarke as young backup options for the wide forward roles I wonder whether we would be spending money in that area? I guess if Bowen really was only £20 million or so then in some ways it is a no lose gamble.

Celik and Soumare would seem to me to be reasonably likely signings.... Mourinho has brought in a number of the Lille coaching team as well as being good friends with (and wanting to bring in) their sporting director. If the coaches are recommending these players having seen what we have already then that's good enough for me.

I confess that I haven't really watched/noticed Celik but have certainly noticed Soumare on the limited times that I have seen Lille on TV. Big, strong, powerful and an excellent ball carrier. A Spurs centre midfield pair of him and Ndombele could be the perfect mix (although Ndombele will have to toughen up somewhat), replacing what is currently the weakest part of our team having to rely on any two of Dier, Sissoko and Winks, none of which really compliment each other well or are players that the top 15 to 20 European teams would want. We then have a decision to make on which of Dier, Sissoko, Winks and Lo Celso that we want to retain as backup. It probably makes sense to retain Winks here as he counts as homegrown.

If Mourinho can somehow persuade Toby and Jan to sign new deals (or probably more pertinently persuade Levy to pay the wages), then we're only really two full backs, a proper centre midfield player and perhaps a keeper (depending on Lloris) away from having a squad that could realistically challenge for the title. Perhaps Sessegnon could convert into an attacking left back and we play Foyth on the right side in a similar way to Vertonghen as a left sided option? Rose and KWP can make way for the two new full backs.... although that might leave us short on homegrown players? Did we bring in Foyth early enough for him to count as homegrown?

For a new keeper I would love to see us sign Nubel (the Schalke keeper) on a pre-contract in January. He is already not far away from the best keepers in Europe and I think he will go on to be the very best within 2 or 3 years and could be our keeper for the next 10 years.

I see Liverpool are already moving swiftly to further strengthen from an already strong position with Takumi Minamino having a medial today ahead of a move from Red Bull Salzburg on the first day of the transfer window. A ridiculously cheap £7.25 million release clause as well.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-news-pereira-3655352

Tottenham Hotspur linked with move for key Leicester City man

Leicester City transfer news | Reigning player of the year Ricardo Pereira is said to be wanted by Jose Mourinho's side - and his replacement has already been identified according to reports

Leicester City right-back Ricardo Pereira has been linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur.

Reports in the Belgian press linking Royal Antwerp defender Aurelio Buta say Brendan Rodgers' side are monitoring the 22-year-old if Ricardo leaves the King Power Stadium .

The report from Gazet van Antwerpen adds that Tottenham have already expressed an interest in City's reigning player of the year and Buta is high on a list of possible replacements.

Ricardo has established himself as one of the Premier League's top full-backs and has played every minute of City's League campaign this season with the club currently sitting in second place after 17 matches.

The Portuguese international joined from FC Porto last year for around £22 million and impressed in his first full season in the East Midlands.

He missed just two of his side's League games and scored two goals while registering seven assists.

Ricardo has also turned out for OGC Nice and Vitoria de Guimaraes

Right sort of player, definitely the right position - but what are the chances of us getting anyone from Leicester? Surely it would be far to costly?
A player we were interested in the same window we bought Aurier. For whatever reason we didn't follow it through. I suspect because he wasn't as "proven" as Aurier. A shame really because as much as Aurier has potential Ricardo is the better player.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

A player we were interested in the same window we bought Aurier. For whatever reason we didn't follow it through. I suspect because he wasn't as "proven" as Aurier. A shame really because as much as Aurier has potential Ricardo is the better player.

We won't be able to afford him now. There is no use looking to clubs like Leicester or Wolves for players. The clubs might be of lower standing than us, but they are cash rich and would demand ridiculous fees for their players. We need to be looking overseas and the English Championship for our players

We won't be able to afford him now. There is no use looking to clubs like Leicester or Wolves for players. The clubs might be of lower standing than us, but they are cash rich and would demand ridiculous fees for their players. We need to be looking overseas and the English Championship for our players
I'm in 100% agreement. You take the risk and buy Ricardo from Porto when you scout him, you can't be waiting for another PL team to buy him, at that point he just becomes to expensive.

Didn’t he pick up an injury ?

I see Liverpool are already moving swiftly to further strengthen from an already strong position with Takumi Minamino having a medial today ahead of a move from Red Bull Salzburg on the first day of the transfer window. A ridiculously cheap £7.25 million release clause as well.
It’s because he hasn’t got a great track record but is clearly playing well now he has stepped up
Could argue a 1 goal in just over 3 games average for a very dominant team isn’t spectacular but it’s not bad
They will off set it by selling shakiri

Report: Tottenham scouts persuade Jose Mourinho to bid for £20m star
John Verrall

Tottenham Hotspur are said to be interested in Hull City forward Jarrod Bowen, which has caused Saudi Sportswashing Machine to pull out of the race.

According to the Northern Echo, Tottenham Hotspur scouts have persuaded Jose Mourinho to bid for Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen in January.

Spurs have been long-term admirers of Bowen, with their scouting team feeling he could really add to their current squad.

And the Northern Echo claim that Tottenham are now ready to bid for the prolific forward in the new year, with Mourinho also convinced by his quality.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have also been following Bowen, but with Spurs preparing a bid they have pulled out of the race to sign him.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine don’t believe that they will be able to compete with Tottenham in the race to sign the Hull attacker, so are now focusing their attentions elsewhere.

Bowen has scored 17 goals in 23 games for Hull this season and at the age of 22, he is considered one of the best talents outside the Premier League.

If he arrived at Tottenham, the ruthless finisher would likely start on the substitutes’ bench, but he could provide some strong back-up to Harry Kane.

Bowen can play anywhere across the front-line, and his versatility could make him a great option for Spurs.

When Bowen was last linked with an exit from Hull it was said by Sky Sports that Grant McCann’s side wanted £20 million for him, even though he only has six months remaining on his contract.

Bowen is well worth a punt, but I do wonder where/how he fits in.
Maybe one of the additional players behind son or dele
I still can see us moving to a 4-3-3 and he would fit that 3... add in Kane, Dele, Son, Moura and Lamela plus a developing Parrott and we have options

Maybe one of the additional players behind son or dele
I still can see us moving to a 4-3-3 and he would fit that 3... add in Kane, Dele, Son, Moura and Lamela plus a developing Parrott and we have options

My hope is that Bowen can reasonably deputize for any one of Kane, Alli, Son or Lucas. If so, he's guaranteed playing time, imo, and it would work for all parties.

Problem is, Bowen's a bit short - not sure how he's meant to deputize for Kane.

I can't remember to be honest. Maybe that put us off him at the time ?

I remember a RB we were looking at getting a minor injury at the time, but can’t remember who

now Atal who we would have hopefully been looking at is out until the summer

My hope is that Bowen can reasonably deputize for any one of Kane, Alli, Son or Lucas. If so, he's guaranteed playing time, imo, and it would work for all parties.

guess our game variety may have to change
Personally I wouldn’t see him as a CF but as an attacker, maybe in the same way was a salah or son

Bowen is too short. JM likes big athletic players. I can see a more bulldozing type of forward brought in ala Antonio, Triore etc who can play in any of the front positions.

However, our priority is still defence - particularly RB and CB and a better DM.

Bowen is too short. JM likes big athletic players. I can see a more bulldozing type of forward bought in ala Antonio, Triore etc who can play in any of the front positions.

However, our priority is still defence - particularly RB and CB and a better DM.
Difficult to predict what our priorities are. Though I agree there are other areas where the starting eleven could be strengthened we're one injury to Kane away from not having a target man in our squad. With Mourinho playing a more direct style that could be a massive blow and would impact other areas too as a higher level would be r required from our build-up play without the target man option.

Wolves I think is an interesting one.

I think if they don’t get CL some of the squad will be getting itchy feet.

With the Mendes link to both? Who knows.

Back