• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Liverpool have reportedly joined the race to sign Lille striker Victor Osimhen - but face competition from Chelsea and Tottenham .

The 20-year-old centre-forward has scored nine goals in 17 Ligue 1 games for Lille so far this season, helping to fire his side up to third in the table.

That has attracted the attention of Premier League outfits, with Liverpool , Chelsea and Tottenham among "a host of clubs" interested in signing him, according to Sky Sports.

Nigeria international Osimhen is contracted to Lille until 2024 and so won't come cheap, with Transfermarkt estimating his value at £27million.

It is thought that Lille will not be willing to sell in the January transfer window as they focus on trying to qualify for next season's Champions League.

It remains to be seen whether the French club could be tempted to do a deal whereby they sell next month and then take the player back on loan for the rest of the season.

If Liverpool pursue their reported interest they would be looking at Osimhen as a long-term signing rather than one who would make an immediate impact on the team.

With Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Mo Salah forming a fearsome first-choice front three, Liverpool would view him as a player who could provide back-up while being developed to one day replace one of the Reds forwards.

Liverpool have already stolen a march on their Premier League rivals by completing their first piece of January transfer business even before the window opens.

They have completed the £7.25m signing of Japan winger Takumi Minamino from Red Bull Salzburg on a four-and-a-half year deal.

Klopp said: “This is fabulous news – a wonderful signing. We are really, really happy about this.

“Takumi is a very quick, very clever player, he finds space between the lines. He is brave with the ball but also brave without the ball – a proper team player."

According to Foot Mercato, Spurs have started discussions with Layvin Kurzawa's representatives about a potential move to North London.

It is understood that Premier League rivals West Ham and Manchester United have also begun talks.

The report explains that French heavyweights PSG no longer view him in their plans, while AC Milan and Inter Milan are also circling for him.

Kurzawa is out of contract with PSG at the end of the season and could be snapped up on a free transfer next summer.

The Frenchman is an a left-back blessed with rapid pace and he’s been with the Ligue 1 giants since 2015.

According to Foot Mercato, Spurs have started discussions with Layvin Kurzawa's representatives about a potential move to North London.

It is understood that Premier League rivals West Ham and Manchester United have also begun talks.

The report explains that French heavyweights PSG no longer view him in their plans, while AC Milan and Inter Milan are also circling for him.

Kurzawa is out of contract with PSG at the end of the season and could be snapped up on a free transfer next summer.

The Frenchman is an a left-back blessed with rapid pace and he’s been with the Ligue 1 giants since 2015.
Quality player, haven't seen him play on a while but quality nonetheless.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

https://statsbomb.com/2019/10/eberechi-is-making-the-championship-look-eze/

Eberechi Eze of Queen’s Park Rangers first came to our attention during his breakout loan spell at Wycombe Wanderers in 2017-18. He continued to show promise after breaking through into the QPR first team in 2018-19, and has now made a start to this season that’s impossible to ignore. A player that was previously simmering may now be reaching boiling point.

The summer appointment of Mark Warburton as manager has turned QPR from unremarkable Championship no-hopers to a side full of attacking intention and in Eze they have a player ready-made to thrive on such freedom of expression. Equally comfortable playing as a #10 or out wide, the 21 year old has also impressed in a deeper role, featuring on several occasions as an #8 in a 3-1-4-2.

Mid-Template-Eze.png

Clearly enjoying the deeper starting role, Eze’s gotten on the ball in the earlier stages of QPR’s possession and by utilising his close control, quick feet and athletic ability to drive through the midfield, completing no fewer than 85% of his ball carries that end within the opposition half, he’s been a real force at turning defence into attack.

IQTactics-Eze-Oppo-Half-Dribbles.png

The advanced positions he regularly ends up in means it’s appropriate to look at his contribution against the boundaries for more advanced midfielders and wide players as well. Eze’s ability to make an impact in the final third has been key to QPR’s strong start and his Scoring Contribution rate of 0.55 (goals + assists per 90 minutes) ranks him second for all players in the Championship under the age of 22, with his expected rates (xG + xG assisted) not far behind either at 0.33.

Att-Mid-Template-Eze.png

Far from just a capable carrier, he also has the passing mastery to match. A really smart user of the ball in and around the final third, Eze has the capability to see an opportunity to play a killer pass but also the technical accomplishment to execute them as well, completing 87% of his passes into and within the attacking third.

IQTactics-Eze-Final-Third-Passes.png

As expected, the rumour mill has begun to turn with Southampton and Spurs the Premier League sides most recently linked, a step up that will become an expectation rather than a possibility should Eze maintain his fine start.

Sounds familiar [Aurier]. What is wrong with Kurzawa? Is he a bad egg, a nightclubber, a homophobe, disinterested, unreliable, rash... why are they getting rid yet he would be good enough for Prem footy? Suspicious

Honestly no idea, I dont follow French football.

Though Im inclined to think similarly of Aurier, and of situations when we are linked to players from the like of Madrid - they operate on completely different rules and so a player not being seen as good enough/welcome there really doesnt indicate anything about said player. The clubs are toys, trading players like panini stickers, often without much in the way of an obvious strategy/logic

Honestly no idea, I dont follow French football.

Though Im inclined to think similarly of Aurier, and of situations when we are linked to players from the like of Madrid - they operate on completely different rules and so a player not being seen as good enough/welcome there really doesnt indicate anything about said player. The clubs are toys, trading players like panini stickers, often without much in the way of an obvious strategy/logic
I hear you but it bugs me. We want to compete with the top teams so I am wary when any top team wants rid of a player e.g. they will have 3 or 4 left back options of varying age and ability, and they select one to get rid of... that is not the one we should go for. We should go for the one they want to keep!
I know... Moura and VdV... I know. There are exceptions. Maybe PSG have the starting national left backs for France and Portugal, I have no clue.

So... if the centre of these radars is "worst in the league" does this radar mean Eze is really bad at Interceptions and awful at Turnovers, like almost the worst in the league?
Mid-Template-Eze.png

And does this mean he is poor at shooting, turnovers and xG assisted and touches in box, compared to AM's and wingers?
Att-Mid-Template-Eze.png

I hear you but it bugs me. We want to compete with the top teams so I am wary when any top team wants rid of a player e.g. they will have 3 or 4 left back options of varying age and ability, and they select one to get rid of... that is not the one we should go for. We should go for the one they want to keep!
I know... Moura and VdV... I know. There are exceptions. Maybe PSG have the starting national left backs for France and Portugal, I have no clue.
They have Bernat who plays for spain

So... if the centre of these radars is "worst in the league" does this radar mean Eze is really bad at Interceptions and awful at Turnovers, like almost the worst in the league?
Mid-Template-Eze.png

And does this mean he is poor at shooting, turnovers and xG assisted and touches in box, compared to AM's and wingers?
Att-Mid-Template-Eze.png

@scaramanga is your man on these things usually.

I think you (we) need to understand the individual stats to know the meaning.

What is a turnover? Losing the ball (and so a low number is good) or winning the ball (so a low number is bad)?

What is a turnover? Losing the ball (and so a low number is good) or winning the ball (so a low number is bad)?
The bounds of the graph are top and bottom 5% in the top 5 leagues if you're using Statsbomb's data.

Whilst a lot of the arrangement of the items is subjective, they try to arrange them so that they are at least partly related. So a good passer will have one clump of the radar extended towards the outer edges.

The outer edge of the radar is always good. So if someone had a complete hendecagon (11-gon) they would be perfect... but where the chart dives towards the centre, it means they are towards the bottom 5% of the entire league. In the Championship.

The outer edge of the radar is always good. So if someone had a complete hendecagon (11-gon) they would be perfect... but where the chart dives towards the centre, it means they are towards the bottom 5% of the entire league. In the Championship.

Only on what they are being asked to do now. It doesn't mean that he doesn't have it in his game.

I saw the other day people bemoaning the "magnificent 7" bought off the back of Bale. But to my eye they either served us well, or we profited on them and reinvested that in other players (who did better!).

Chadli for example, bought for £7m, had a season where he contributed, sold for £13m - basically paying for Wanyama
To be pedantic... Chadli is the only one of the “Magnificent Seven” who turned in a profit and we’re currently £20m down on the not so “famous five” we have offloaded.

I like Lamela but for a club record transfer he’s not proved to be a great investment, albeit it’s due to unforeseen injury issues rather than lack of ability, and even Levy would struggle to get back much of that £30m fee.

Eriksen has undoubtedly proved to be great value over the years for a modest £11m outlay but I’m not sure even that’s enough to compensate for how mediocre the other £96m has done.

upload_2019-12-20_14-51-25.jpeg

To be pedantic... Chadli is the only one of the “Magnificent Seven” who turned in a profit and we’re currently £20m down on the not so “famous five” we have offloaded.

I like Lamela but for a club record transfer he’s not proved to be a great investment, albeit it’s due to unforeseen injury issues rather than lack of ability, and even Levy would struggle to get back much of that £30m fee.

Eriksen has undoubtedly proved to be great value over the years for a modest £11m outlay but I’m not sure even that’s enough to compensate for how mediocre the other £96m has done.

View attachment 7903

Mediocre! Surely not Soldado (Bobbie to his mates) who was fantastic!!!!!!

Back