• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Is he any good?
I know he is bloody fast but that’s about it

Not sure myself, sometimes it looks like he might take that leap into really good player. To erratic for me but some managers can get a lot out of those players.

If those two french wing lads we brought were 5s then Bailey is a 7. It would take a proper scout to say whether he could go up the next level.

A lot on here dont like Harvey Barnes, mainly because he plays for a rival, but he looks well placed to kick on to me.

Seems we are often looking at players before they kick on but dont go for them. The are of course some players that stand out straight away. Like Havertz.

Not sure myself, sometimes it looks like he might take that leap into really good player. To erratic for me but some managers can get a lot out of those players.

If those two french wing lads we bought were 5s then Bailey is a 7. It would take a proper scout to say whether he could go up the next level.

A lot on here dont like Harvey Barnes, mainly because he plays for a rival, but he looks well placed to kick on to me.

Seems we are often looking at players before they kick on but dont go for them. The are of course some players that stand out straight away. Like Havertz.

Thought Barnes looked ropey when back to Leiceter. Looks miles better now

Haivertz you could see pretty quickly and his stats back it up

bailey for me looks like a speed merchant but that isn’t a bad thing with the right coach

Thought Barnes looked ropey when back to Leiceter. Looks miles better now

Haivertz you could see pretty quickly and his stats back it up

bailey for me looks like a speed merchant but that isn’t a bad thing with the right coach
Not sure it makes sense for us to be spending our limited amount of money on wide forwards? We have Son, Moura and Sessegnon already.

I think any money we spend needs to be in the defensive area of centre midfield, at centre half and full back.

Not sure it makes sense for us to be spending our limited amount of money on wide forwards? We have Son, Moura and Sessegnon already.

I think any money we spend needs to be in the defensive area of centre midfield, at centre half and full back.
Well Haivertz is a creative CM who gets goals

I do wonder now what’s gonna happen for Le Celso and NDombele

both to me look classy classy players but I can’t see exactly where they fit

One thing is for sure José will demand a higher level of performance from everyone.
Reputations will count for nothing, ask Pogba!

Havertz is an unbelievable talent. If there's any chance we could get him then we should break the bank for him. Unfortunately think we'll have no chance and he'll go to Bayern.

Havertz is an unbelievable talent. If there's any chance we could get him then we should break the bank for him. Unfortunately think we'll have no chance and he'll go to Bayern.
Bayern may not be as appealing as before with the internal changes but who knows

One thing is for sure José will demand a higher level of performance from everyone.
Reputations will count for nothing, ask Pogba!
Mou only cares about who will play for him and the shirt
Pogba only ever cares about what’s in it for him
Their too similar

Depends what the plan is and how this progress. Mourinho has very frequently favoured two quick wide attacking players, Son scoring and assisting, Moura scoring and getting chances yesterday won't have done much to make Mourinho want to change that.

Would raise the question about what will happen with Lo Celso and Lamela given that Alli probably is very highly rated.

Mourinho has also often favoured those wide attacking players for substitutions, wanting quality replacements on the bench to get fresh players and movement.

Again, all speculative. But if he continues to favour pace in wide attacking roles three players, only one truly top class and one very young, for two key positions is not a lot.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Definitely interesting to see what happens with Lo Celso in particular. Ndombele's role is clearer I think. Depends on if he's ever seen as defensively good enough to be the most defensive of our central midfielders, I doubt it personally.

Perhaps Lo Celso as one box to box option in a midfield three? Perhaps a backup to Alli? Or maybe Mourinho will look to change things up and play more of a playmaker like Lo Celso wide? I'm not sure anyone can know at this time, probably we'll see some different options tested out. I'm quite certain Mourinho already has some strong opinions though.

On Havertz. Seems quality, but not at all like a player we're currently in need of and others are surely circling. Would surprise me if we went in big for him given other weaknesses.

Back