• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

I see that Bowyer has been sacked by Blackburn. I seem to remember them making an approach for Sherwood when he was with us. I wonder if they might go for him again.

I was at their game against Brentford at the weekend in the directors box....as a guest of Gary!!

I hope it wasn't my bad juju.....

Venky's and Tim: what a media delight that would be:D

Can you imagine his quotes about "some of these Johnny-come-lately owners know nuffink about football"

Sherwood blasts new-fangled scouts and pie charts: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-sexy-to-sign-players-from-lower-leagues.html

Talks about lower league talent not getting a chance, then lists all the players that ARE being given a chance to prove there is talent there.
Reading that is like watching the residents of Norfolk throwing pig brick at the "magic horseless carriages" as they stare, mouths gaping at the "witchcraft candles" that light up the streets every night.

Last edited:
Ghod what an awful mess he's left Villa in...

Him talking about there being talent out there not getting a chance considering they had a small net spend this summer and the situation Villa are in post-Sherwood is funny from the outside. Can't quite imagine how it must feel from a Villa perspective.

If Sherwood had a bit of insight he probably would stfu for a while about what should and shouldn't be done in the transfer market. If that's his selling point for a potential future employer he needs to reconsider his strategy.

Him talking about there being talent out there not getting a chance considering they had a small net spend this summer and the situation Villa are in post-Sherwood is funny from the outside. Can't quite imagine how it must feel from a Villa perspective.

If Sherwood had a bit of insight he probably would stfu for a while about what should and shouldn't be done in the transfer market. If that's his selling point for a potential future employer he needs to reconsider his strategy.

Villa is gone, out of PL and based on how they are run, couldn't see them returning anytime soon

Villa have picked up 2 points since the first game of the season :eek:

Gotta be on track to better Derby's record

To be fair, you sell your 3 best players and the chances are you are going to struggle, especially when your'e as brick as Villa. If they avoid relegation then Garde deserves manager of the season. They could have very easily gone down in any of the last 3 seasons, if not for Benteke they would have.

To be fair, you sell your 3 best players and the chances are you are going to struggle, especially when your'e as bricke as Villa. If they avoid relegation then Garde deserves manager of the season. They could have very easily gone down in any of the last 3 seasons, if not for Benteke they would have.

thats a fair point, they did bring a few players in though, if they left those decisions to Sherwood, with his well known aversion to proper scouting techniques, then they only have themselves to blame

To be fair, you sell your 3 best players and the chances are you are going to struggle, especially when your'e as bricke as Villa. If they avoid relegation then Garde deserves manager of the season. They could have very easily gone down in any of the last 3 seasons, if not for Benteke they would have.

thats a fair point, they did bring a few players in though, if they left those decisions to Sherwood, with his well known aversion to proper scouting techniques, then they only have themselves to blame

I agree with both point.

Sherwood stands up really poorly in a comparison with AVB I think. AVB will walk into a good job on the continent when he's done at Zenit and Sherwood will be lucky to get a job with someone realistically fighting for promotion from the Championship.

AVB has as much chance of getting a a job in the premier league as Tim though. So it's not such a ridiculous comparison IMO. Without Bale, Sherwood and AVB had very similar managerial records at Spurs. Yet one is still regarded a mis understood genius the other a pleb. Let's just be grateful neither are still around.

Reading that is like watching the residents of Norfolk throwing pig brick at the "magic horseless carriages" as they stare, mouths gaping at the "witchcraft candles" that light up the streets every night.

Fantastic image. Funnily enough, Norwich away is one of the games I'll be back home for in the New Year. I like going to Carrow Road for a few reasons, but the locals are one of them. Enjoyable to watch.

Back