• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

To be fair, you sell your 3 best players and the chances are you are going to struggle, especially when your'e as bricke as Villa. If they avoid relegation then Garde deserves manager of the season. They could have very easily gone down in any of the last 3 seasons, if not for Benteke they would have.

They got over £40m for those players though, and spent all of it and a tiny bit more. Sherwood signed 6 players that cost between £6-9m in addition to Sinclair rather cheaply.

He's now coming out saying that there's a lot of talent in the lower leagues. Meanwhile he actually signed 5 players from abroad, a couple from the PL and only Gestede from the lower leagues.

They were perhaps always going to struggle losing the players they lost. But he made a bad situation worse. Then he speaks out after that about his knowledge about the lower leagues, the quality available and about what PL clubs should do in the transfer market.

Much like some of the things he said as a Spurs manager this seems disconnected from reality.

To be fair to him it was his first ever pre-season and summer transfer window at a club as a manager. He has little to no experience actually doing this brick. No real surprise he failed.

They got over £40m for those players though, and spent all of it and a tiny bit more. Sherwood signed 6 players that cost between £6-9m in addition to Sinclair rather cheaply.

He's now coming out saying that there's a lot of talent in the lower leagues. Meanwhile he actually signed 5 players from abroad, a couple from the PL and only Gestede from the lower leagues.

They were perhaps always going to struggle losing the players they lost. But he made a bad situation worse. Then he speaks out after that about his knowledge about the lower leagues, the quality available and about what PL clubs should do in the transfer market.

Much like some of the things he said as a Spurs manager this seems disconnected from reality.

To be fair to him it was his first ever pre-season and summer transfer window at a club as a manager. He has little to no experience actually doing this brick. No real surprise he failed.

We got close to 90 million for Bale and look how we spent that! If Poch had lost Eriksen, Kane and Vertonghen and replaced them people would be saying he deserves time and with good reason. I'm not defending Sherwood's signings, but we both know that even if they turn out to be good signings then people will just criticise him for not getting the best out of them while he was there. Let's not kid ourselves, even if Sherwood's signings turn out to be poor, they didn't exactly have much to work with anyway. I still fully expect them to go down.

We got close to 90 million for Bale and look how we spent that! If Poch had lost Eriksen, Kane and Vertonghen and replaced them people would be saying he deserves time and with good reason. I'm not defending Sherwood's signings, but we both know that even if they turn out to be good signings then people will just criticise him for not getting the best out of them while he was there. Let's not kid ourselves, even if Sherwood's signings turn out to be poor, they didn't exactly have much to work with anyway. I still fully expect them to go down.

Did you fully expect them to go down at the start of the season or when Sherwood was "confirmed" to be kept on by Villa?

And yet still better than what they have now.

Fits in well with the rumours circulating around the time Sherwood's time with us looked to be done. Top players not wanting to play for him.

Vlaar chose not having a club whilst injured before signing for AZ in Holland instead of signing for Villa this summer. I think we would have struggled massively to keep our best players too had it been us instead of Villa that gave Sherwood his first chance at a summer transfer window and pre-season.

Tim Sherwood has emerged as a contender to become Derby County's head coach next season.

The Championship club are searching for Paul Clement's long-term replacement and sounded out the former Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa manager.

Derby are understood to have reservations about Nigel Pearson, while Brendan Rodgers, David Moyes and Gary Rowett were previously considered candidates for the job at Pride Park.

Sherwood is ready to return to football after leaving Villa Park in October, having been sacked by the Barclays Premier League's bottom club.

The 47-year-old wants to be able to have more influence at his next club, with Sportsmail told he felt he was limited at Spurs and Villa.

Harry Redknapp agreed to become the director of football at Derby until the end of the season this month and is to even have a say in team selection alongside Darren Wassell.

Wassell was promoted from academy director to first team coach after Clement's exit in February and will likely return to his former role in the summer.

Redknapp could also have a say in who eventually gets the job at Derby.

Sherwood played for Redknapp at Portsmouth in 2003 and, five years later, he joined Tottenham as assistant first team coach under his former manager from Fratton Park.

Derby sit fifth in the Championship and are pushing for promotion to the Premier League.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ach-season-Championship-club-search-boss.html

hahaha-full-of-random-anything-gos-21798404-594-475.jpg

Tim Sherwood has emerged as a contender to become Derby County's head coach next season.

The Championship club are searching for Paul Clement's long-term replacement and sounded out the former Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa manager.

Derby are understood to have reservations about Nigel Pearson, while Brendan Rodgers, David Moyes and Gary Rowett were previously considered candidates for the job at Pride Park.

Sherwood is ready to return to football after leaving Villa Park in October, having been sacked by the Barclays Premier League's bottom club.

The 47-year-old wants to be able to have more influence at his next club, with Sportsmail told he felt he was limited at Spurs and Villa.

Harry Redknapp agreed to become the director of football at Derby until the end of the season this month and is to even have a say in team selection alongside Darren Wassell.

Wassell was promoted from academy director to first team coach after Clement's exit in February and will likely return to his former role in the summer.

Redknapp could also have a say in who eventually gets the job at Derby.

Sherwood played for Redknapp at Portsmouth in 2003 and, five years later, he joined Tottenham as assistant first team coach under his former manager from Fratton Park.

Derby sit fifth in the Championship and are pushing for promotion to the Premier League.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ach-season-Championship-club-search-boss.html

hahaha-full-of-random-anything-gos-21798404-594-475.jpg
In a darkened room, somewhere in London, there's a big old coke & hookers party going on, filled with football agents.

sherwood is doing what peter reid did 15 years ago or so, do reasonably well for a short stint at a PL club and on the back of that he'll now get offers from other championship/lower table pl teams/ he'll "consolidate" their
position, get sacked 6 months later, rinse and repeat

Sinclair had abit of a pop on MOTD2 last night when he said Villa need to be clever in the transfer market in the summer and not go and buy loads of players again who are not equipped to play in the league.

I'm sure I remember Sherwood saying he was a Arsenal fan on some show years back, yet recently he's sounding very much like a Spurs fan, and was basically talking of bias towards us last night.

Also this article......

“I was born in Boreham Wood and supported Spurs. People think I’ve got a tattoo of a cannon – I haven’t – but I bet the fans will sing ‘Tim Sherwood’s a Gooner’ for at least 35 minutes at Wembley.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/secret-arsenal-fan-tim-sherwood-5750893

Back