• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

I assume that's a (not very funny) joke. Signing a young (ie 18 year old) CF wouldn't be a bad idea though

I think Defoe or someone with previous experience of the EPL would allow the likes of VJ to 'relax' (not a problem Sissoko suffers from) and get to know the division and team.

I assume that's a (not very funny) joke. Signing a young (ie 18 year old) CF wouldn't be a bad idea though

This for me too. Another experienced striker at this point would just limit the amount of game time Janssen gets and he needs game time to settle in properly and keep developing.

A younger striker happy to sit on the bench and play for U23s that could perhaps do a job as a sub in games where Kane is missing/rested would be good. But those young strikers that are both good enough to make an impact in the PL and happy to be third choice are few and far between. Often their potential is obvious enough that they will command a big transfer fee.

Depends for me on how highly rated Harrison and other young academy strikers are. If the club thinks one of them can make the step up we should go with them. If not a young striker might be a good signing.
So instead blindly theorising we should let the club get on with it - if there are better options available then I'm sure we will try and sign them.
It just ridiculous that people say we "need to sign a (insert unknown here) 18 year old" when we have those players on our books - maybe we think we have better options (Could be Harrison, could be Son) than an 18 year year having to move clubs, learn a new System etc and do a job as 3rd choice

So instead blindly theorising we should let the club get on with it - if there are better options available then I'm sure we will try and sign them.
It just ridiculous that people say we "need to sign a (insert unknown here) 18 year old" when we have those players on our books - maybe we think we have better options (Could be Harrison, could be Son) than an 18 year year having to move clubs, learn a new System etc and do a job as 3rd choice

Fun to speculate though :)

Back from hols and doing some catching up. Whilst I have been away the following has happened :
  • We have won 5 of our last 6 games;
  • We climbed to 2nd in the Pl table (before this weekend's fixtures started);
  • We are one of only two teams undefeated in the league, with fewest goals conceded;
  • Our level of play seems to have been excellent (quality of opposition duly noted);
  • We sit 2nd in our CL group, having secured a valuable win in a tough away fixture;
  • We have seen young players - Winks, Onomah, CCV, Edwards, Walkes - play a part in the steamrollering of Gillingham, proving themselves worthy of Poch's belief in them;
  • Our new signings seem to be settling in well;
  • Son has stepped up to the mark and is firing on all cylinders;
  • Eriksen seems to have recovered his mojo;
  • We have seen new contract announcements for Erikssen, Dier, Walker, Rose, CCV, Winks, Ali, with reports of more to come;
  • And the new stadium is going up at a pace.
All this, and we are only 6 weeks into the season. Of course there are some downsides as well - losing at 'home' to Monaco, injuries etc, but the above illustrates how far we have progressed as a team/club, and that we have a squad that is wholly capable of challenging for the title. It also illustrates that maybe I need to go away on holiday more frequently. I am happy to make that sacrifice if need be.
The future is Lillywhite!

The days are over when I used to covert other teams players. There's not too many from the others that I'd even consider for us.

Aguero, De Bruyne, Sanchez, possibly Ozil, de Gea and Rashford possibly. No-one from the Chavs.

Great times.

So far I've seen people have spotted:

Ali G - Alli
Jax from Sons of Anarchy - Dier
Captain America - Jan
Bane - Kane
Potter - Eriksen
Ghostbusters - CCV, Winks, Onomah.
Fresh Prince - Dembele
Gingerbread man - Lamela
Oompa Loompa 1 - Trippier
Oompa Loompa 2 - Carroll
Terminator - Hugo
Mrs Doubtfire - Walker
Cat man - Sissoko

Rafael (turtle), Iron man, Hangover character, Ted, Frankenstein and Kylo Ren are unknown.

Janssen, Wanyama, Rose, Davies, Son, Wimmer, Alderweireld, Vorm, Lopes are all unaccounted for. I'm assuming that GKN took the photo.

So far I've seen people have spotted:

Ali G - Alli
Jax from Sons of Anarchy - Dier
Captain America - Jan
Bane - Kane
Potter - Eriksen
Ghostbusters - CCV, Winks, Onomah.
Fresh Prince - Dembele
Gingerbread man - Lamela
Oompa Loompa 1 - Trippier
Oompa Loompa 2 - Carroll
Terminator - Hugo
Mrs Doubtfire - Walker
Cat man - Sissoko

Rafael (turtle), Iron man, Hangover character, Ted, Frankenstein and Kylo Ren are unknown.

Janssen, Wanyama, Rose, Davies, Son, Wimmer, Alderweireld, Vorm, Lopes are all unaccounted for. I'm assuming that GKN took the photo.

First off, GKN's twitter game is *on point* - keep it up and he'll endear himself to the fans in the same way Bobby Soldier's been doing after his departure. :)

Anyway, Kylo Ren is probably Rose - he's too short to be Wanyama. Well, could also be N'Koudou, but I'm going with your assumption that GKN was the guy who took the picture. Frankenstein's a bit taller than average, from initial appearances - couldn't be Rose, but could be anyone else.

I actually think Vorm is Captain America, and the Hangover guy with the stuffed-toy baby is Jan - something about that facial expression and close proximity to Dembele just screams 'Jan' to me. Thus, I'll go out on a limb even further and state that Iron Man is Toby, based on this Belgian connection - either him or the teddy bear. Hoping the big teddy bear's Poch, though - it fits with his character, even if I can't particularly visualise him showing up to the players' costume bash. :)

Walker as Mrs. Doubtfire, though -that just utterly slays me. :D

First off, GKN's twitter game is *on point* - keep it up and he'll endear himself to the fans in the same way Bobby Soldier's been doing after his departure. :)

Anyway, Kylo Ren is probably Rose - he's too short to be Wanyama. Well, could also be N'Koudou, but I'm going with your assumption that GKN was the guy who took the picture. Frankenstein's a bit taller than average, from initial appearances - couldn't be Rose, but could be anyone else.

I actually think Vorm is Captain America, and the Hangover guy with the stuffed-toy baby is Jan - something about that facial expression and close proximity to Dembele just screams 'Jan' to me. Thus, I'll go out on a limb even further and state that Iron Man is Toby, based on this Belgian connection - either him or the teddy bear. Hoping the big teddy bear's Poch, though - it fits with his character, even if I can't particularly visualise him showing up to the players' costume bash. :)

Walker as Mrs. Doubtfire, though -that just utterly slays me. :D

jans captain America according to the daily fail

jans captain America according to the daily fail

Well, the only way the Fail could know for sure is if they went and asked GKN - that's the sort of journalistic integrity that is sadly utterly alien to that rag. So I think they've guessed, same as the rest of us - only, I think they guessed wrong. :)

This is good too: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/vertragsende/verein/148/vertragsendeJahr/

So:

2017 - Lopez
2018 - Vorm
2019 - Verts, Dembele, Davies, Carroll, 2CV
2020 - Eriksen, Alder, Lamela, Son, Janssen, Trippier, Onomah
2021 - Sissoko, Dier, Wanyama, Walker, Rose, GKN, Wimmer, Winks
2022 - Kane, Lloris, Alli

Back